PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Rabbits [Round 2, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It would if Suli had the ball passed to him first, instead of Siro turning back on the inside
I agree suli gets a bad rap about his attack. He rucks it out and gets fed the ball a couple times a month. People used to say the same about brian kelly. Coincidence or symptom ?

Sirro is a hog and does contnually turn back inside but he is only one of the options of getting the ball to suli. In fact he is the secondry option. Sirro gets branded as being the problem mainly by The DCE fans. One thing for sure is DCE is still playing supercoach, suli is NOT in his team. foran got the ball to parker without jetski

Last year i remember a long pass to suli and he made 25 m . He then injured his foot

The quick turn back inside to sirro doesnt leave DCE in the line . Taking it to the line to feed suli gets him smashed.

Just a theory

Interesting Freddie and Joey’s take on the team, they highlighted the middle forwards as one of our main problems.

They gave it to DCE and Jake as having zero impact on our games along with Turbo getting paid overs on their performances.

Coming from the blues coach Jake needs to look ft his game.

We do have some good younger forwards coming through and it maybe time for these guys to get some minutes.
Wow, never thought I’d hear Fittler bag Jakes game. But they're spot on. Until we find a hooker that can rack up 40-50 tackles regularly, then Jakes going to be left plodding along. The bloke can’t be expected to do everything.

One game does not make a champion. I've seen the lauding of talent in the past over one or two games. Croker comes to mind. Cust had a brilliant game last week and suddenly he's being spoken of as our best selection for 5/8. Yet he had several games last year in that position and was average. Same with Croker. Yet Schuster has one quiet game and suddenly he's not ready. Doesn't work that way guys. You have to appreciate talent over time not single games. Cust is a good solid young player and may make an pretty good hooker. But someone like Schuster has been wowing them all through his junior career. Yep he has rough spots, but I recall Cliffy being crucified for a few games early in his career. If you want a player to improve, he needs to be selected to become game fit and experienced.

One game does not make a champion. I've seen the lauding of talent in the past over one or two games. Croker comes to mind. Cust had a brilliant game last week and suddenly he's being spoken of as our best selection for 5/8. Yet he had several games last year in that position and was average. Same with Croker. Yet Schuster has one quiet game and suddenly he's not ready. Doesn't work that way guys. You have to appreciate talent over time not single games. Cust is a good solid young player and may make an pretty good hooker. But someone like Schuster has been wowing them all through his junior career. Yep he has rough spots, but I recall Cliffy being crucified for a few games early in his career. If you want a player to improve, he needs to be selected to become game fit and experienced.
The thing about Schuster is that everyone says he loses his head occasionally and goes for a bit of a Hail Mary
And so shouldn’t be in the top grade.
The problem isn’t his but those around him. We have no wise heads, no leaders in first grade to take him under their wing. Imagine the old days with Jamie Lyon, Snake, Glen all running up to him with guidance after such a brain explosion. We have no one who does that.
He has enough talent to be developing in first grade but Des obviously doesn’t believe there’s anyone to guide him. Sad.

Curtis Sironen to miss 4-6 weeks with a knee injury. Andrew Davey's starting spot now confirmed,
I think the side will go better without him. There are no back rowers on the extended bench, so I guess Sipley will be promoted and one of the props will be a second row rotation or Schuster could be promoted as a backrower (or Parker could spend time in the back row :) )

Late Mail: There were some reports suggesting Kieran Foran would be ruled out of Saturday’s game after suffering a cork last week,

however Foxsports.com.au understands Foran had no concerns at training on Thursday and will be right to play this week.

For Souths, Tom Burgess is good to go after picking up a burner in Round 1 against the Storm.

The thing about Schuster is that everyone says he loses his head occasionally and goes for a bit of a Hail Mary
And so shouldn’t be in the top grade.
The problem isn’t his but those around him. We have no wise heads, no leaders in first grade to take him under their wing. Imagine the old days with Jamie Lyon, Snake, Glen all running up to him with guidance after such a brain explosion. We have no one who does that.
He has enough talent to be developing in first grade but Des obviously doesn’t believe there’s anyone to guide him. Sad.

'Everyone' may say that but based on what evidence. This fellow has played 2/3 of one game in well over a year. He's played in part of two trials in the past year. Before that he was THE star of his junior sides for years and there was never any question about such problems. Thing is judgements are too often made on very limited information and when people talk about some perceived errors in play it takes on a life of its own. We see a few errors and suddenly he's a problem if we are looking for reasons to deny him a spot. Easy to create problems based on small observations

Benji Marshall pointed out in the one first grade he played, that it was the best debut he had seen. In fact when he left the field in that game Manly were getting on top. He left and they lost. Thing is 'everyone' doesn't say he loses his head, only some who pick on a few errors that every player potentially makes when starting out. Someone says he kicks too much and it becomes a major flaw (even though that has been a criticism of a lack of in Manly's play), his defence is not up to it (yet where is the evidence of serious defensive issues and when I look at the Manly side at present including Foran, his defence is not an issue in comparison). The 'Hall Mary' issue I suspect relates to his clever not looking passes...they seem to come off and like Cliffy, its a question of the players adapting to his style (something Burbo has done).

To me Croker is just a solid player, not in the same class. Cust is hot and cold but he has potential and is worth sticking with. Foran is clever but slow, injury prone, and has defensive issues because of his speed d body. I would have someone of Schuster's class before those three in an instant. But that's my observation and though 'everyone' may not agree, I suspect many do.

'Everyone' may say that but based on what evidence. This fellow has played 2/3 of one game in well over a year. He's played in part of two trials in the past year. Before that he was THE star of his junior sides for years and there was never any question about such problems. Thing is judgements are too often made on very limited information and when people talk about some perceived errors in play it takes on a life of its own. We see a few errors and suddenly he's a problem if we are looking for reasons to deny him a spot. Easy to create problems based on small observations

Benji Marshall pointed out in the one first grade he played, that it was the best debut he had seen. In fact when he left the field in that game Manly were getting on top. He left and they lost. Thing is 'everyone' doesn't say he loses his head, only some who pick on a few errors that every player potentially makes when starting out. Someone says he kicks too much and it becomes a major flaw (even though that has been a criticism of a lack of in Manly's play), his defence is not up to it (yet where is the evidence of serious defensive issues and when I look at the Manly side at present including Foran, his defence is not an issue in comparison). The 'Hall Mary' issue I suspect relates to his clever not looking passes...they seem to come off and like Cliffy, its a question of the players adapting to his style (something Burbo has done).

To me Croker is just a solid player, not in the same class. Cust is hot and cold but he has potential and is worth sticking with. Foran is clever but slow, injury prone, and has defensive issues because of his speed d body. I would have someone of Schuster's class before those three in an instant. But that's my observation and though 'everyone' may not agree, I suspect many do.
Agree completely. I should have said the usual whingers but I was getting on to my point. I just wish he was in first grade now.

Wonder if Schuster will get a run in the second row tomorrow. I swear he has played there before in junior grades. I know first grade is a lot different but do we really have much to lose lol? Seems Kieran is fit so hes not going to get a go there. Otherwise keen to see Toff get a run!

I swear he has played there before in junior grades.
He played second row for the under 18 Blues in 2019. Six Sea Eagles in that side

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10