PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Rabbits [Round 2, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Fox won’t allow it
only thing stopping it would be lightning ⚡️ around when players are running around
the northern hill coe end of the ground would already be so muddy
would be wise to postpone the match but just can’t see it happening
Postpone it? The weather is the only thing marginally giving us a chance. They can wear wetsuits for all I care. More rain the better against those rabbit backs.

Josh could play but I think des will go with Toff

Funa and Josh to miss out
Schu will get his chance I’m not sure tomorrow’s the best day for it tbh. I’d go Tof in the slop! Still if Schu gets the nod that would be good for him too.

Wonder if Schuster will get a run in the second row tomorrow. I swear he has played there before in junior grades. I know first grade is a lot different but do we really have much to lose lol? Seems Kieran is fit so hes not going to get a go there. Otherwise keen to see Toff get a run!

Has played there but years ago, other than in rep games, and it diminishes his effectiveness. His selection in the U18s rep side gave him no opportunity to shine and he was only in the game for part of the time. The team also lost. He was moved to 5/8 in the juniors because of his ball playing skill. This guy is a ball player, and being in the forwards or on the bench is a waste of the resources he offers. Could be OK (at best) at lock, but then would you prefer Andrew Johns, Cliffy, Brett Kenny in the second row. Some players are born for a position. Same issue as having Walker at 5/8 or full back. It reduces our centre position effectiveness for an at best average 5/8 or full back slot. Cant understand Hasler's selection issue in that respect either.

Has played there but years ago, other than in rep games, and it diminishes his effectiveness. His selection in the U18s rep side gave him no opportunity to shine and he was only in the game for part of the time. The team also lost. He was moved to 5/8 in the juniors because of his ball playing skill. This guy is a ball player, and being in the forwards or on the bench is a waste of the resources he offers. Could be OK (at best) at lock, but then would you prefer Andrew Johns, Cliffy, Brett Kenny in the second row. Some players are born for a position. Same issue as having Walker at 5/8 or full back. It reduces our centre position effectiveness for an at best average 5/8 or full back slot. Cant understand Hasler's selection issue in that respect either.
I agree Schuster has outstanding ball skills. However you can't compare him to Johns, Cliffy and Kenny - Schuster is 6'2 and 105 kilos!

Were doomed...

Attachments

• doomed..JPG
    doomed..JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 2
Schuster is in the 17 according to the Manly website....
It's still a 19 man squad.

But knowing Des he'll cut Funa and Toff and run with a bench of Cust Keppie Paseka and Shoe. Unless there is some truth to Foran carrying an injury

Any chance the game may be washed out, cancelled, postponed.....?

we have more chance of winning lotto than a game in the wet!

just sayin’

Agree for the most part, but then if you look at the highlights (sorry) of Ben Turbo and others running off Schuster and being out through gaps so effectively, a lot of the time he is playing back row. Very capable of ball playing from out wider it seems, and can pass back on the inside or feed his centre and winger.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10