PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Rabbits [Round 2, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Useless even bothering Des will pick the same team unless they are injured !!

Todd Payten in his press conference was honest and targeted several key players in the team who need to step up !! Des needs to do the same his passion in the coaching box is non existent anymore !!

That door in the dressing room would have been ripped off the hinges with the old Des we all loved

Ok I'll start

1 Harper
2 Saab
3 Walker
4 Suli ( Harper when turbo back)
5 Tippytoes
6 Schuster
7 DCE
8 Paseka
9 Cust
10 Marty
11 Davey
12 Jake
13 Olakta atu
14 Foz
15 Aloiai
16 Keppie
17 gojetski
unfortunately its not going to make much of a difference. I came to the conclusion Manly is still playing the old style of grinding football. not going to get us anywhere. notcie the chooks giving the ball air. we just one out stuff and the occasional chain passes to the edge. so predictable. its going to be a long season

Defensively he's a liability, you can see that he's sh*tting himself every time the attack heads down his side, with each season he seems to be getting worse, I'm not looking forward to next week, the bunnies will put 60 on that defence, I cringe every time we're defending inside our 20 because I just know if the opposition hangs onto the ball they're gonna score
of the 16 NRL clubs, the new rules least suits manly

Problem is Garrick actually did have a dig tonight. He ran more metres than anyone else. He's a bit like Parker though, their skill level just isn't up to standard but they keep getting selected cos they "have a dig"
Running after Brett Morris all afternoon shouldn’t count. :eek:

Does everyone seriously believe every player actually cares if they get dropped or get injured. They get paid regardless and they dont need to be part of a rabble. I wouldn't mind collecting a monthly paycheck just sitting in the players box. Yes many do care, but im pretty sure not everyone does unless its contact negotiation year.
Yes ,every player cares about being dropped.They are footy players ,they want to play footy.
There is no two ways about it.
I have said for a few years now to drop unperforming players ,but have not had enough talent in years past and last year there was no reggies.
This year it needs to be done ,it's almost imperative.
I would be starting with two of Garrick ,Dce.Croker or Sironen.
Let players know there is NO positions SAFE and all positions are expendable.
Forwards need to hit hard and run hard from this day forward .
My team that's never happening..

1.Harper
2.Saab
3.Walker
4.Suli
5.Funa
6.Schuster
7.Foz
8.Aloiai
9. Dce or Cust
10.Marty
11.Guac
12.Davey
13.Jake (strong words had this week /back to basics Jake -(Run hard ,hit hard)

14.Cust or Dce
15.Paseka
16.Sipley or Keppie (in team in accordance of playing hard and giving 110%)
17.Gojetski

Dez apparently won't be making any changes. We probably will not even see Shuster. Problem I see is they are still playing like the back end of last year - with no confidence, self belief and heart. What is going on. Not only do we have some pretty avg players in Crocker, Parker, Garrick etc our better players are terribly out if form. DCE, Siro, Jake are playing way below their best. Our pack also lacks punch. No hooker, no full back, better player's not being selected and a team with no self belief. How can you turn that around

Dez apparently won't be making any changes. We probably will not even see Shuster. Problem I see is they are still playing like the back end of last year - with no confidence, self belief and heart. What is going on. Not only do we have some pretty avg players in Crocker, Parker, Garrick etc our better players are terribly out if form. DCE, Siro, Jake are playing way below their best. Our pack also lacks punch. No hooker, no full back, better player's not being selected and a team with no self belief. How can you turn that around
Put them on alert ,have a shocker(play with no heart) and you are dropped.Someone else gets a shot .

Picking a team for next week is like moving the deck chairs on the Titanic. It's still going to be a disaster. This squad that has been assembled is just not good enough (read shxt) and will for sure lose by a similar amount next week...... maybe more.

It has been obvious for more than a few years that because of our unbalanced salary cap we can't afford the talent across the park to compete. In Dessie's, 1st season back with us I had hoped that he would shake things up. He hasn't. We are just as bad now (if not worse) than we were under Barrett.

With our current owners I really don't know where we go from here. It's bottom 6 in perpetuity. The once were mighty Sea Eagles are no more.

Last edited:
My mate a Broncos fan bet me a case of quality craft beer they would finish higher than Manly this year. I took the bet out of pride more than anything. After yesterday I have zero confidence of winning this bet. I also have a horrible feeling we will only see Turbo again for a few games amidst his paper thin hammys going again.

Given that Des is unlikely to make wholsale changes... What are your minimal MUST dos.
Mine are:

Walker is a champion centre - in for Parker.
Morgan Harper to fullback.
Cust for Croker
Schuster on bench
Probably the above too. As critical as I was of Croker I might give him another shot if talking minimal change. It is tough for a 9 under those circumstances. Def pull Walker from the 1 and given the tag must never play there again! Garrick must be dropped imo. Don’t care who they put in the wing. The prob with Suli and Walker in the centres is their defence. They are awful defenders.

My mate a Broncos fan bet me a case of quality craft beer they would finish higher than Manly this year. I took the bet out of pride more than anything. After yesterday I have zero confidence of winning this bet. I also have a horrible feeling we will only see Turbo again for a few games amidst his paper thin hammys going again.
Waz after last years debacle & yesterday’s effort I really wouldn’t care if we never saw both Trbo bros, Parker, Garrick, Gosiewski again! But as long as super coach Hasler is here I’m afraid we will. He will continue to select duds & not give chances to Schuster, Olakau’atu, Saddler, Koula etc. He will continue with his lame excuses after every loss until the club becomes a laughing stock.....same as he did at the bulldogs.

What's frightening is the way Storm started against Rabbits.
Can you imagine what they are going to do to us???

Maybe a good thing... maybe the catalyst for action.

What's frightening is the way Storm started against Rabbits.
Can you imagine what they are going to do to us???

Maybe a good thing... maybe the catalyst for action.
We've been well and truly roasted on a spit and done in the ass for most of the last 12 games we've played ... if those abysmal performance weren't already a call to action I don't know what will move these clowns?

No offence intended to people who do like it in the ass.

Last edited:
Need to make some serious changes and bring in some new blood, I’d go with something like this

1. Harper
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Suli
5. Anyone but Garrick
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Jake
9. Cust
10. Taupau
11. Olakau’atu
12. Davey