PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Rabbits [Round 2, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We've been well and truly roasted on a spit and done in the ass for most of the last 12 games we've played ... if those abysmal performance weren't already a call to action I don't what will move these clowns?

No offence intended to people who do like it in the ass.
Agree

We've been well and truly roasted on a spit and done in the ass for most of the last 12 games we've played ... if those abysmal performance weren't already a call to action I don't what will move these clowns?

Was meaning action in the sense of team changes

Yes ,every player cares about being dropped.They are footy players ,they want to play footy.
There is no two ways about it.
I have said for a few years now to drop unperforming players ,but have not had enough talent in years past and last year there was no reggies.
This year it needs to be done ,it's almost imperative.
I would be starting with two of Garrick ,Dce.Croker or Sironen.
Let players know there is NO positions SAFE and all positions are expendable.
Forwards need to hit hard and run hard from this day forward .
My team that's never happening..

1.Harper
2.Saab
3.Walker
4.Suli
5.Funa
6.Schuster
7.Foz
8.Aloiai
9. Dce or Cust
10.Marty
11.Guac
12.Davey
13.Jake (strong words had this week /back to basics Jake -(Run hard ,hit hard)

14.Cust or Dce
15.Paseka
16.Sipley or Keppie (in team in accordance of playing hard and giving 110%)
17.Gojetski
I agree totally with the backs and hooker but I thought Boyle was ok and would be ok with grouping him with Keppie, & Sipley .... and whats happened to Zac Saddler?

Maybe its all a marketing ploy. We're trying to attract the sadomasochists. Soon there will be clubs in Oxford Street lined with Sea Eagles posters and playing our most pathetic losses on every screen.

Des can rip as many doors off as he likes but it won't add a yard of pace to Parker or Garrick and it won't give DCE a football brain. Watching Garrick and Scorpio trying to keep up with Morris and Teddy yesterday was like watching an under 9s sprint race. The fat kids at the back tried but they kept falling further and further behind. Sirro arrived with so much promise but - largely due to poor structures and support play - he has only ever shown flashes of competence. Jake's a nice guy. Tom looks good sitting up in the coaches box. Suli rarely gets the ball and, when he does, takes it to the ground with him. Froggy is, if anything, worse than he was last year. He couldn't throw a quick pass last year but at least he occasionally tried to run, kick, or throw a cut out ball. Foz still has a good football brain but he hasn't got Snake running off his hip this time round. Add to that the fact that teams like the Roosters and the Storm can have two or three high quality, professional players in reserve for every spot in the team while we are limited by a shortage of funds and an unevenly applied salary cap.

The bright light you can see at the end of the tunnel is hanging over a mortuary table.

BUT - in a few years - DCE will be gone, the Turbos will be sitting on the hill, and all our current team will be foot notes in history. The MW Sea Eagles will still be there.

Pointless exercise. Des won't admit he's got it all wrong by making wholesale changes. Only injury will force change. It'll be nearly the same sh*t 17 trotted out next week with the same sh*t results. Get used to it friends.

Funa to fullback as walker adds little from the back so may as well have someone solid under the highball.

Walker to centres and on DCE side

Suli and Foran to team up - think Forans ball playing will bring Suli into the game more.

drop Garrick for ??? Maybe Parker to the wing.

at training need to fix the side that got destroyed yesterday and try to speed up our Ruck speed in attack. Too many slow play the balls. And of course hold the damn ball.

this is what I’d explore:
1: Harper - did enough in the trial to warrant a pick. Went with Walker (which I was ok with) but it was a dog awful choice.
2:Saab - it was nice to see a player leaping for a catch rather than Jorge the garden gnome.
3: Walker - but I have no confidence in his defence or his fitness!
4: Funa - he’s not been given enough of a shot in his natural position. He’s not a winger imo. If Suli gets picked that’s ok too but his D needs to improve.
5: anyone but Garrick!!!!!! So next in line on depth chart. Tuipolotu if he’s next in line.
6: Foz - thought he was good and will be until injury strikes. May have already.
7:Dce - god awful yesterday maybe his worst game. What was worrying was how many tackles he fell off. Usually tackles well.
8: Jake - 13 is passing him by.
9: Croker - he is one dimensional but a tough gig v easts first up. Happy to give him another go. Made some tough tackles in the middle.
10: Marty - there were times yesterday where the calls of him playing for himself weren’t unwarranted.
11: Siro - on notice for 16
12: Jack - thought he was ok in the first half. Missed him in the second
13:Davey- like this guy. Won’t be surprised if Des puts him ahead of Jack next week.

14: Schu - why he was not selected week 1 is beyond me.
15: Aloai - liked his performance. He and Marty could swap here tbh
16: Olakautau - if fit he comes into the bench and performance can warrant him a start in coming weeks.
17: Paseka - had sone strong moments yesterday. Offered good punch but sone errors too.

Why bother being creative when des clearly said in his presser no changes yet..i feel sorry for des he thinks his side is capable but just playing poorly so he is going to let themselves redeem that winning feeling they lost 10 or so games ago..wish i had a mic to do the next bit..desies voice
Now boys you got a chance to make things right so go and get them make me proud..problem is they dont make things right because they arent good enough and he is to delusional to realise this is not poor form by most its just they simply arent first grade players

Funa to fullback as walker adds little from the back so may as well have someone solid under the highball.

Walker to centres and on DCE side

Suli and Foran to team up - think Forans ball playing will bring Suli into the game more.

drop Garrick for ??? Maybe Parker to the wing.

at training need to fix the side that got destroyed yesterday and try to speed up our Ruck speed in attack. Too many slow play the balls. And of course hold the damn ball.
Parker to the wing????? You lose all credibility right there.

What are peoples thoughts on Siro to the middle in the prop rotation, he runs straight can’t pass might as well play prop. Can tackle has a bit of speed.

id also bring Birt up from Flegg and give him a run at hooker.

Did anyone watch SG Ball, Jamie Humphries played hooker not bad effort either, and he can kick goals from all over the park.

1. Harper
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Suli
5. Funa or tt (anyone but Garrick)
6. Foz
7. Chez
8. Paseka
9. Cust
10. Tapau
11. Guac
12. Davey
13. Jake

14. Schuster
15. Aloai
16. Sironen or jetski
17. Birt

Jake to slot into #10 when tapau/paseka need a break

What are peoples thoughts on Siro to the middle in the prop rotation, he runs straight can’t pass might as well play prop. Can tackle has a bit of speed.

id also bring Birt up from Flegg and give him a run at hooker.

Did anyone watch SG Ball, Jamie Humphries played hooker not bad effort either, and he can kick goals from all over the park.
Humphreys is probably too young and small right now for an NRL debut, but he is a very impressive player and it was great watching him land conversions from everywhere. Can't remember the last time we had an NRL kicker that good. But even though he spent some time at hooker, he's really a halfback. Club should be planning on him to take DCE's spot eventually.

I'd definitely give Birt and Cust a shot at the hooker's spot though.

we need to play with more speed energy, and aggression

1. Harper
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Suli
5. Koula
6. Schuster
7. Chez
8. Paseka
9. Birt
10. Tapau
11. Guac
12. Davey
13. Jake

14. Cust/Foran
15. Aloai
16. Sironen
17. JetSki

People calling for a change at fullback, in the halves, at hooker, drop a winger, move a centre, promote a couple of forwards. Great!
Look I get the dismay, which I felt myself at a pretty poor performance, but how about we check out the reserve grade before just shifting a few deck chairs?
I expect a largely unchanged line-up next week. And an improved performance.

People calling for a change at fullback, in the halves, at hooker, drop a winger, move a centre, promote a couple of forwards. Great!
Look I get the dismay, which I felt myself at a pretty poor performance, but how about we check out the reserve grade before just shifting a few deck chairs?
I expect a largely unchanged line-up next week. And an improved performance.

I dunno (great start...lol)

Roosters atm are well settled, full of stars and have had the same core of players for awhile - so they are going to be 'red-hot' for a season or two to come.

Manly I thought had bought a few young players and need to get into the groove and maybe will be 'red-hot' in a year or two. there's some young guys with not a lot of experience.

But apparently.... second chances are only for players with booze and DV incidents on their cv, not for players yet to reach their potential.

Maybe a bit glass half full... but I am whats I am.

To be honest I'd be happy just to have Schuster named on the bench.
Maybe Funa for Parker.
I thought Walker actually went ok at the back so give him a few games there he adds an extra ball player. At least if Funa is in the team we have the option of swapping with Walker if its not working

I agree totally with the backs and hooker but I thought Boyle was ok and would be ok with grouping him with Keppie, & Sipley .... and whats happened to Zac Saddler?
Saddler must've been the other one with Olokatau to poop on Dessie's doorstep and get caught.

Immediate thoughts after the game was for D C E to go to 9 with Foz and Schuster in the halves . Unlikely but Croker 's play is just too limited at 9 , Cust a better option but just have to get Schuster in the mix somewhere and foz has to be in the starting side . Couldn 't fault Marty 's , Alioia "s or Paseka 's effort in the middle ,Jet Ski was largely contributing well when he was on the field so should be in the 17 , Jake some occasional strong defence , quite ineffectual in attack , Siro still well out of sorts for mine . Davey and Oloak - atu must have to come into contention to start or bench . Not even sure if jake to prop and Siro to lock may help but again need Schuster somewhere in the side When is Suli going to get some regular and decent ball , on D C E 's side , so little prospect with Daley 's current form level [ 2 out of 5 on the old scale and lucky to warrant that ] Saab looked O K , Parker and Garrick have their issues . Maybe Harper at one , Walker to the centres with Suli . Where is the communication and commitment in defence ? Roosters are a good side but regularly were just treating Manly 's defence with contempt and combined with easy off loads . surely will have to make some changes or changes in current on field playing positions . Schuster in particular is not going to stay around when players not of his talent and ability level even now keep getting selected ahead of him . Memo to Des , Club deserves better , fans deserve better and just pointless staying with ongoing failed playing selections and their sub standard efforts and performances

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10