PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Rabbits [Round 2, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If DESpicable takes any notice of form, then several of the Workers team today should be in the first grade team to play Souffs.
Con, Tenterfield and Sippers were outstanding in a team that showed much greater heart than their more vaunted first graders. Between them they scored seven tries.
Tenterfield is still a Development player but if the club was smart they would elevate him to the 30th spot in the full time squad.
Unfortunately Guacca got hurt so we won't see him for a while. The Shoe and Harpo were quiet, but both deserve promotion next match.

If DESpicable takes any notice of form, then several of the Workers team today should be in the first grade team to play Souffs.
Con, Tenterfield and Sippers were outstanding in a team that showed much greater heart than their more vaunted first graders. Between them they scored seven tries.
Tenterfield is still a Development player but if the club was smart they would elevate him to the 30th spot in the full time squad.
Unfortunately Guacca got hurt so we won't see him for a while. The Shoe and Harpo were quiet, but both deserve promotion next match.
Haha why would we do something sensible by putting Saddler into the 30 when we can sign another long term injury crock in Lawton.

Honestly , yes honestly , do any of you think changing a player here or there is going to be some magical fix to this **** show ???

There needs to be a few changes BUT you just know it’ll be the same 17 next weekend ( injuries aside ).

And the weekend after , and after.

Only when injuries force his hand will Des change anyone.

The real issue is when are our players going to stand up and be counted???

Didn’t see one leader out there yesterday , not one , no one ( yes no one ) barking orders and screaming at them to “ run **** ya run” or “ tackle **** ya tackle “.

We are rudderless , they just run around like chooks with their heads cut off and changing out a player here and there might solve a few issues but the real issue is there for all to see!!

Honestly , yes honestly , do any of you think changing a player here or there is going to be some magical fix to this **** show ???

There needs to be a few changes BUT you just know it’ll be the same 17 next weekend ( injuries aside ).

Didn’t see one leader out there yesterday , not one , no one ( yes no one ) barking orders and screaming at them to “ run ** ya run” or “ tackle ** ya tackle “.

We are rudderless , they just run around like chooks with their heads cut off and changing out a player here and there might solve a few issues but the real issue is there for all to see!!
Des said in the presser when asked about changes next week Des replied with not yet
Don’t know he can pick Garrick for next week after a few good player performances for Blacktown today
Same with Cust. Cust after the game today said that Des told him he has to improve his defence for 1st grade . But Croker offered nothing yesterday other than a few good tackles that didn’t change the game
A few changes might change the team to be more competitive but needs a bit more than that

Des said in the presser when asked about changes next week Des replied with not yet
Don’t know he can pick Garrick for next week after a few good player performances for Blacktown today
Same with Cust. Cust after the game today said that Des told him he has to improve his defence for 1st grade . But Croker offered nothing yesterday other than a few good tackles that didn’t change the game
A few changes might change the team to be more competitive but needs a bit more than that
I think Cust showed he needs to be at hooker next week. He at least ran the ball a few times.

today’s game also showed why Shuster needs few more games in reserves playing against men and to cut out his mistakes.

Didn’t see one leader out there yesterday , not one , no one ( yes no one ) barking orders and screaming at them to “ run ** ya run” or “ tackle ** ya tackle “.

By not dropping very very underperforming players Des allows poor performance to continue.
Max would have had a word in his ear. Penn needs to now, if he has a pair.

Any idiot who has watched our left side leak points week after week would never select Parker and Garrick together . They have shown week after week their inability to read defence
And to add to that last night Foz was very slow to take his man, putting more pressure on them both.
Nothing personal they just aren’t first graders

Harper
Saab
Walker
Suli
Funa
Foran
dce. With Schuster 14

you are 100% right but he is a long way from our main issue. Powder puff forwards, and the performance of our 1.3m no 7 were much worse than any winger.

I remember posting, I think it was on
Here, 3 years ago we should go after the brothers Morris. They are on a combined $400k at the Chooks. We should still go after them for next year.
I think 7 tries down that edge in a 9 tries to 1 game suggests that Garrick, or at least the combination of Garrick/Parker/Jetski is infact a major problem. Saving tries is as important as scoring them. You’re right though, it’s definitely not the only problem. Injuries aside, off my head in order I have;

1. Left edge defence (that has lingered and worsened for over a year now) and the roll on psychological effects on the team (eg. if our middles and right edge work hard in defence, only for the left edge to throw it away every time why should they keep bothering to work hard?)
2. The lack of players in motion around the ball in attack. As well as a failure to move up as a pack in defence and shift effectively on our edges (particularly the troublesome left edge)
3. Stale backrow forwards, with Jake’s plodding lock role stifling our attack and Siro in need of retirement home.
4. Dce has totally lost the plot (hopefully Foz keeps playing like rd 1 and gets more control of the team over time to save dce)
5. No fire in the forwards and props (Paseka and Boyle for example).
6. Dummy Half in attack

A lot of them overlap (eg. Some problems cause roll-on effects like #1 contributes to #5). So it’s not unfixable.

It all boils down to attitude (players in motion, defence, intensity), a need for refreshing change (Jake and the backrow) and ineptitude (of the left edge, hooker and at current, the halfback)

Last edited by a moderator:
Picking a team for next week is like moving the deck chairs on the Titanic. It's still going to be a disaster. This squad that has been assembled is just not good enough (read shxt) and will for sure lose by a similar amount next week...... maybe more.

It has been obvious for more than a few years that because of our unbalanced salary cap we can't afford the talent across the park to compete. In Dessie's, 1st season back with us I had hoped that he would shake things up. He hasn't. We are just as bad now (if not worse) than we were under Barrett.

With our current owners I really don't know where we go from here. It's bottom 6 in perpetuity. The once were mighty Sea Eagles are no more.
you took the words right out of my mouth, oh it must have been while we were watching manly.

I have to say at the end of their warm-up they got in a group and Jake was literally screaming and barking at them. Though I wasn't in earshot but it did take me by surprise how he was yelling and laying down the law.

Having said that, obviously his lecture made no difference to how they played, but I thought at the time why isn't DCE doing this - where's his leadership? Other than that rant by Jake, I didn't see a leader out there yesterday either.

The joint needs a shake up. Des should be shown the door to send a message to the playing group namely if you don’t step up
you will follow. Des,s refusal to make changes is his Achilles heal and the reason his time is up. Thanks for the past Des but the future is here.

Any idiot who has watched our left side leak points week after week would never select Parker and Garrick together . They have shown week after week their inability to read defence
And to add to that last night Foz was very slow to take his man, putting more pressure on them both.
Nothing personal they just aren’t first graders

Harper
Saab
Walker
Suli
Funa
Foran
dce. With Schuster 14
Parker and Garrick have never played on the same side so that argument is void.... however it is extremely alarming how easy they scored down our left. Parker is a great defender but just way too slow. Garrick keeps on proving he is just a depth player at best!

Interesting, you may have stumbled on the answer. How about Bozo to 5/8, Krusty to fullback and Ronald McDonald can start at 9?
Yea if ya like. Which bozo though as we have a team full of them or is it the bozo who walks around with a crucifix and wisdom.Yep were def going places.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10