PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Sharks [Round 7, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Seriously looking at those players head to head. Are any of those matchups worrying? In fact we are nearly better head to head in every position. We have allowed 1 try in our last 120mins of footy. I honestly don’t know how or where Cronulla will beat us. We just need to get in there complete every set and grind them down. Manly 24 Cronulla 8
Taufua 2, Sironen, Levi tries, Garrick 4/4.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Wowzers:

01. Tom Trbojevic
03. Moses Suli
06. Dylan Walker
09. Manase Fainu
17. Corey Waddell

all injured. Fair bit of salary cap on the sidelines.
This is why they have squads of 30 plus these days. Injuries happen regularly and no wonder. we all hope it wouldn't be our biggest star but all is not lost, this squad seems to believe something is brewing and despite being played by supreme athletes a big part of the game is mental. I've never heard so much public praise for Manly as I have since they beat the Raiders, it was something very special and I'm guessing the players won't want to lose that feeling, they will want to build on it!

As soon as Albert proves his knees can hold up to first grade and establishes his worth as a first grader he's gonna take a 2 year sabbatical for his Mormon mission.
and sign with another club for when he finishes his mission like Will did?
I wouldn't be putting any of the other guy's noses out of joint by giving him their spot.

susan

Bencher
Far more talented lololol......I wait for the day when our boys are given the plaudits they deserve! I don’t see how the Sharks 1to 5 are “far more talented”. In what way? Funny how when the team is playing well everyone jumps on the bandwagon & jump off when the going gets tough!
Who is jumping off the bandwagon. I said I thought we win in a grind. If you think we are going to put cricket scores on sides with our three best attacking players out for a long period and that 1 to 5 then good luck. We will win on grit and defence.
Two origin players, a young centre not far off thst if you take out the knights season and a winger with a huge future. On paper they are easily more talented but they are not combining like our guys do for some reason. And I hope it stays that way because if they click they can easily run in more points than our outside backs with the boys out.

Last edited:
Yeah look will see if we can get across stripe my concerns are dce taking full reign and Levi simply has nothing. Once Suli back he gives us a attacking threat. Elliot a great fill in and Funa showed promise but I believe we need more attacking threats with Tom out.
And you are right as Des used garrick in the eels game last season at FB and elliot on the wing. Elliot is solid but hes not known to create trys or score them really. If young hoppa is a FB then he might get a shot.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
I'm not sure about that. He was a special talent on a par with Bradman Best who has had immediate impact in the NRL. Reminder of Hopoate's junior feats - fast & incredibly strong (defence not great, of course)

Not denying his talent, my issue is if his knee goes again we lose him, if he kills it we probably lose him for at least 2 years. For this reason I'd have him at the back of the queue.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
Not denying his talent, my issue is if his knee goes again we lose him, if he kills it we probably lose him for at least 2 years. For this reason I'd have him at the back of the queue.
Good points, but I would at least like to see Hopoate play this year. Mormons donate 10% tithe to their church, so maybe Des's influence plus a healthy Sea Eagles contract could entice him not to take two years off for missionary work. Earlier, there was talk of the Canterbury Cup resuming when Covid-19 restrictions ease. Let's hope that is the case so that the rest of our squad, esp. the young guns, get some match practice.

On paper they are easily more talented but they are not combining like our guys do for some reason. And I hope it stays that way because if they click they can easily run in more points than our outside backs with the boys out.

Yes, they have a VERY good backline...on paper. Let's hope it stays that way.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Who is jumping off the bandwagon. I said I thought we win in a grind. If you think we are going to put cricket scores on sides with our three best attacking players out for a long period and that 1 to 5 then good luck. We will win on grit and defence.
Two origin players, a young centre not far off thst if you take out the knights season and a winger with a huge future. On paper they are easily more talented but they are not combining like our guys do for some reason. And I hope it stays that way because if they click they can easily run in more points than our outside backs with the boys out.
Sorry where on paper are they easily more talented??? Who are the two origin players? Dugan and Moylam??? Please, they are nowhere near origin level and would argue they never performed when in that arena. Plus as said before, these games are not won by positions 1-5. Our pack is arguably the best in the comp or at least one of them. If we get in top our 1-5 have the skill set to easily open those sharks outside backs up. I think your concept of talent relates to attacking skill and past reputations as those sharks outside 5 are hardly strong defenders and not particularly “talented” in that area.

manly al

First Grader
Really can not underestimate any side and the Sharks have a few players that can trouble any opposition if they are on . . Bit of a lapse in the i st half against the Broncs but have every expectation that Manly will not take them lightly and can continue with that hard and fighting edge to their game to get the result and really have to win these type of games . . Can not underestimate for and against either but any winning margin in the current circumstances for Manly will be valuable and important .

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14