PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Souths [Round 4, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I don't know why people still think that turbo should go in the centres and Elliot to fullback. Turbo would be wasted in the centres. He absolutely killed it in his first game back at fullback.

According to fox stats he had 160 metres, 32 touches, two tries and two assists, eight tackle busts, and offload, three linebreaks and two linebreak assists.

There is no way in the world that he would be that effective in the centres and get that much ball. It's restrictive to his style of play and he'll be a marked man.. @ fullback Turbo has the uncanny ability to inject himself at opportunistic times. He won't have the same freedomb in the centres. + Elliot was ok at fullback/ as a back up. We'll see how well he plays in the centres.. Good luck to him.

Look we can’t worry what is happening at Souffs we need to focus on our backyard and maintain last weekends standard plus improve a few % and then it won’t matter who Happy Joe runs out as at Lottoland we will be in this game up to our ears!

The game will be won obviously around Dce and Turbo after the forwards lay the platform but I'm concerned for our centres. From Lyon and Matai to this .

I don't know why people still think that turbo should go in the centres and Elliot to fullback. Turbo would be wasted in the centres. He absolutely killed it in his first game back at fullback.

According to fox stats he had 160 metres, 32 touches, two tries and two assists, eight tackle busts, and offload, three linebreaks and two linebreak assists.

There is no way in the world that he would be that effective in the centres and get that much ball. It's restrictive to his style of play and he'll be a marked man.. @ fullback Turbo has the uncanny ability to inject himself at opportunistic times. He won't have the same freedomb in the centres. + Elliot was ok at fullback/ as a back up. We'll see how well he plays in the centres.. Good luck to him.
Couldn’t agree more. The idea of Turbo being anywhere other than fullback is preposterous at this point in time. I mean, fullback is one of the most important positions on the field, you simply have to have your best fullback there and Turbo is so far better than anyone else on the roster as a FB it is not funny. Yes, he is a very good centre when playing reps but he is currently playing for Manly, not a star studded NSW or Australia.

Now Hoppa might or might not develop, but until such time as Turbo is not the best FB in our squad, he plays FB.

youngster Jacob Gagan trained in his spot
Another one Manly let slip!
I am not convinced Souths will be up for this challenge against a second-last ranked side on a ground where all their precious ACLs might give up at any moment.
Sam Burgess excepted, he is a total grub but a grub with heart, could have been a Manly great but hey, his loss!
Agree with others about Cody Walker, he's a danger, hopefully playing wounded.
He is another example proving a player doesn't have to be a star by age 20 or 21, in order to become a real star. See also, Lyons, Cliff.

Sounds like Inglis is definitely out. If Walker is out too then I'll be taking a bit of the $2,.50 offered on us

Another one Manly let slip!
I am not convinced Souths will be up for this challenge against a second-last ranked side on a ground where all their precious ACLs might give up at any moment.
Sam Burgess excepted, he is a total grub but a grub with heart, could have been a Manly great but hey, his loss!
Agree with others about Cody Walker, he's a danger, hopefully playing wounded.
He is another example proving a player doesn't have to be a star by age 20 or 21, in order to become a real star. See also, Lyons, Cliff.
I think Gagan was only with us for a year. He was at Cronulla for 2 years and never got a start in first grade, then the Knights where he started once and they decided not to renew his contract. Hopefully he hasn't improved under the supercoach.

Game will depend on Walker playing or not. If he’s out we come right into calculations

Does not worry me who plays for the rabbits . On our day and on our home soil we are capable of skinning the rabbits .

If Walker plays I am happy to see him get skinned as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if already posted but I was just watching nrl tonight (fox) and Badel was saying that GI ate some dodgy Chinese food and that will probably keep him from playing this weekend.

Dunno whether to laugh or think it's true.

*status - messenger*
Yeh. I've heard that dodgy Chinese food excuse tossed around so many times before. IMO the only thing dodgy here is GI's body and his abilty to deal with it.

The news feed over recent weeks on GI suggests he is struggling. I hope he can get things right for his own sake.

Against Souths I'm not sure we are yet able to compete at their level. Our centre partnership against Gagai and Inglis is worrying. Elgey needs a confidence boost. I think we can match them in the forwards. Our half and full back are better. Our wings are on a par but the centres are where we'll be tested. Parker and Elliott need to be at their best to contain those two.

At the risk of mud on my face. I think we are getting South's at a good time, not just because of the injury questions but the unsettling nature of all reports coming out of the rabbit hole and they are due for a loss, we have boosted our confidence and attitude the past game and half coming of a big win if we can control the ball and ruck we can give a good enough showing to scrap over the line at home...

Then I woke up.....

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10