PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Souths [Round 4, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
At the risk of mud on my face. I think we are getting South's at a good time, not just because of the injury questions but the unsettling nature of all reports coming out of the rabbit hole and they are due for a loss, we have boosted our confidence and attitude the past game and half coming of a big win if we can control the ball and ruck we can give a good enough showing to scrap over the line at home...

Then I woke up.....

I thought our team woke you and the rest of us up after they gave the Warriors a thrashing

I am still awake .

Dont go back to sleep on us feathered friend

Last edited:
On paper Souffs probably have the best pack in the NRL. I reckon we are in the top five.
Souffs' backs, as selected, are probably in the top three. Ours, with Turbo back, lift to around mid-way.
But it just takes a good team to be off their game by 10% and they become beatable.
So much of our success relies on DCE having another stellar match.
I think we are a realistic chance to cause an upset as confidence in sport is a great asset and we should have this, based on the last 20 minutes against Easts and our stoic defence against the Worriers.

Siro discussing Turbos involvment from FB.

“His voice is really loud now. Every time you come out of a tackle, you look back at him and he tells you where to go in getting our line set. That is what the best full-backs do."
I wonder if RL will follow the example of the Australian cricket selectors who picked Mathew Wade over Peter Neville because "he was a better talker and sledger".

Most of the "experts" have tipped Souths but amazingly Wally, Lockyer and Roy Masters have tipped us.

Most of the experts tipped the Warriors last week as well

Most of the experts tipped that our backs would get carved up . Have not seen this so far this year

Siro discussing Turbos involvment from FB.

“His voice is really loud now. Every time you come out of a tackle, you look back at him and he tells you where to go in getting our line set. That is what the best full-backs do."

I love this. Snake having an influence on Turbo already I reckon. He's only going to get better....

Bring on the Rabbids.

Great autumn weather for rabitt stew at lotto land feathered friend

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/1c4d35e7225c481c1bcbdd9e372de52d

South Sydney’s Alex Johnston will have revenge on his mind when takes on Manly opposite Tom Trbojevic on Saturday afternoon — over a dodgy pass thrown six years ago on the Central Coast.

While it hardly seems worthy of a page in the Rabbitohs’ Book of Feuds, it’s motivation enough for Johnston to mark down the date in the calendar whenever the two fullbacks go head to head.

“There was one time I was playing him up at Gosford and they made a break and someone passed to him. It was a forward pass by about two metres but he kept running along,” Johnston said.

“I tried to catch him and he got there in the end. They awarded the try and I said to him ‘what’s going on here, that was a forward pass’. And he just laughed at me … he knew it was a forward pass.”

For Johnston, that try was more than a tiny bit of refereeing injustice, it spawned a rivalry that continues to this day.

“Since then we’ve had a cool little rivalry going. I find I want to put my best foot forward whenever I play him,” he said.

Johnston knows he’ll have to be at his absolute best if he to get one over his counterpart in their duel at Lottoland on Saturday.

The 24-year old watched in awe as Trbojevic ran riot against the New Zealand Warriors in Christchurch during his first game of the season last weekend, having missed the opening two rounds with a hamstring injury.

“I saw that game. He was unbelievable, setting up tries and making linebreaks. He’s a quality player and it’ll be a good challenge seeing what I can do against him,” he said.

While Johnston believes the Sea Eagles have other threats across the park, a Manly outfit with Trbojevic at his peak is a completely different proposition, especially in attack.

The numbers back up Johnston’s fears about the prolific nature of Trbojevic’s contribution.

According to Fox Sports Lab, Trbojevic has been involved in 99 Manly tries since 2016, the most by any fullback during that period.

But it’s a feat that hardly surprises Johnston.

“Even back then, coming up through all the grades against him, you knew he was something special. He’s been massive for the Sea Eagles. He gives them a bit of flare and that extra support he gives … he’s there at the right time. He pops up in areas and causes a lot of damage and he takes a lot of hard carries for him as well,” he said.

I thought our team woke you and the rest of us up after they gave the Warriors a thrashing

I am still awake .

Dont go back to sleep on us feathered friend

I have been awake to manly for a very long time my friend, and will back them till I die through thick and thin and will never tip against them despite the insurmountable odds at times, doesn't mean I cant have a little joke every now and then though.
Cheers

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/1c4d35e7225c481c1bcbdd9e372de52d

South Sydney’s Alex Johnston will have revenge on his mind when takes on Manly opposite Tom Trbojevic on Saturday afternoon — over a dodgy pass thrown six years ago on the Central Coast.

While it hardly seems worthy of a page in the Rabbitohs’ Book of Feuds, it’s motivation enough for Johnston to mark down the date in the calendar whenever the two fullbacks go head to head.

“There was one time I was playing him up at Gosford and they made a break and someone passed to him. It was a forward pass by about two metres but he kept running along,” Johnston said.

“I tried to catch him and he got there in the end. They awarded the try and I said to him ‘what’s going on here, that was a forward pass’. And he just laughed at me … he knew it was a forward pass.”

For Johnston, that try was more than a tiny bit of refereeing injustice, it spawned a rivalry that continues to this day.

“Since then we’ve had a cool little rivalry going. I find I want to put my best foot forward whenever I play him,” he said.

Johnston knows he’ll have to be at his absolute best if he to get one over his counterpart in their duel at Lottoland on Saturday.

The 24-year old watched in awe as Trbojevic ran riot against the New Zealand Warriors in Christchurch during his first game of the season last weekend, having missed the opening two rounds with a hamstring injury.

“I saw that game. He was unbelievable, setting up tries and making linebreaks. He’s a quality player and it’ll be a good challenge seeing what I can do against him,” he said.

While Johnston believes the Sea Eagles have other threats across the park, a Manly outfit with Trbojevic at his peak is a completely different proposition, especially in attack.

The numbers back up Johnston’s fears about the prolific nature of Trbojevic’s contribution.

According to Fox Sports Lab, Trbojevic has been involved in 99 Manly tries since 2016, the most by any fullback during that period.

But it’s a feat that hardly surprises Johnston.

“Even back then, coming up through all the grades against him, you knew he was something special. He’s been massive for the Sea Eagles. He gives them a bit of flare and that extra support he gives … he’s there at the right time. He pops up in areas and causes a lot of damage and he takes a lot of hard carries for him as well,” he said.

If this is any more than paper talk, Johnson needs a kick up the rear. A forward pass 6 years ago. Fair dinkum, where has he been for the past 6 seasons. Forward passes occur almost every game unsighted by refs and he's worried about one 6 years ago. I hope this rubbish is just a little fun to stir up a little interest in the battle and not some long term grudge. Quite frankly hasn't the media got more important things to discuss, like who pinched his jock strap from the change rooms in 2010.

If this is any more than paper talk, Johnson needs a kick up the rear. A forward pass 6 years ago. Fair dinkum, where has he been for the past 6 seasons. Forward passes occur almost every game unsighted by refs and he's worried about one 6 years ago. I hope this rubbish is just a little fun to stir up a little interest in the battle and not some long term grudge. Quite frankly hasn't the media got more important things to discuss, like who pinched his jock strap from the change rooms in 2010.
Greenberg is working now to reverse the result from that game

Spot on mate
And people wonder why I hate souffs
Their players , coaches and supporters

Should never have let them back in the comp

Got my ticket and accomodation for the night

Manly 13+

Incontrovertible proof that Alex Johnston is a wanker...

"South Sydney’s Alex Johnston will have revenge on his mind when takes on Manly opposite Tom Trbojevic on Saturday afternoon — over a dodgy pass thrown six years ago on the Central Coast.

Incontrovertible proof that Alex Johnston is a wanker...

"South Sydney’s Alex Johnston will have revenge on his mind when takes on Manly opposite Tom Trbojevic on Saturday afternoon — over a dodgy pass thrown six years ago on the Central Coast.

That has to be a gee-up surely .....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12