PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly vs Storm [Round 1, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So ... with reports in the Daily today saying Jake is hopeful of playing .... does anybody wish to change their team ? ..... our prop rotation looks a lot stronger with Keppie back at prop ....

Just got to have some faith in the rehab staff i guess . Don"t think that it would be necessary for him to have a run with Black Town . plenty of demanding body type contact in training drills if he is considered close enough to be available for i st grade . Much prefer to have a fully fit Keppie at 13 then a player still under an injury cloud though , as good and valuable a player as Jake is .

Just got to have some faith in the rehab staff i guess . Don"t think that it would be necessary for him to have a run with Black Town . plenty of demanding body type contact in training drills if he is considered close enough to be available for i st grade . Much prefer to have a fully fit Keppie at 13 then a player still under an injury cloud though , as good and valuable a player as Jake is .

Pssst Al .... I think the Who was joking ....

Turbo
Jorge
Parker
Suli
Garrick
Walker
DCE
Keppie
Levi
Kapow
Siro
Thommo
Jake

Croker
Waddell
Sipley
Guacomole

Manly by 10 ..
Got to be close . However Des seems to like Boyle [ would then be ahead of Waddell ] "but not sure if he has even played any games yet . Even Manly by i one would do me .

Doubt that Schuster would have played much junior footy at hooker but then considering the other options at present in Croker and Cust , a more then reasonable suggestion . Also taking into account that only a couple of seasons ago or so , back up hookers such as Hastings , Cullen and Lewis Brown were given a go there and still offered at least something . Schuster naturally would have more going for him then that trio so again not an unrealistic suggestion with Schuster as a back up 9 or general bench utility .

Schuster is in the Top 30......so can play from round 1. Take a gamble & chuck him in the deep end! Only way to learn!

Tom T
Jorge
Suli
Walker
Garrick
Schuster
DCE
Sipley
Levi
Marty
Thommo
Siro
Kelpie....hehehe

Croker, Waddell, Gaucamole, T Rex

Actually as I suggested before, Schuster would make an ideal hooker, if required. His skill set matches the need of such a position, including evasiveness, good defence, clever and deceptive ball playing, good cross field vision, knows where the try line is and was a frequent try scorer, as well as good at setting up tries in the junior comps, gets involved frequently in the play and he is strong and tough.

If it wasn't that he makes such an ideal 5/8, or ball playing back rower, I would have thought hooker was his next best position, potentially. This guy seems to thrive on being in the mix in the middle of the play. I think he could even handle half.

Not big enough for the heavy forward play where his skills would be wasted, or not fast enough for the outside back positions, though he could turn into a pretty decent Jamie Lyon type centre, but most other positions I think he would handle with aplomb.

This guy is a natural ball player in the style of Cliffy, Alan Thompson, Lewis, Andrew Johns, Mark Ella etc. Of course we don't know yet if he will reach their level, but he seems to have the potential and the drive. I suspect he and Ponga will contest being the best five eighth in the game in years to come...at least I hope. And he's bigger and tougher than Ponga, though perhaps not as fast and nimble.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8