Pre-match Finals [Week 1, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Snake

Snake's Alive!
One thing that can be guaranteed, the Panthers will come out hard and match our intensity this Saturday night. If both teams bring their intent, it comes down to who manages the game better and gets their game breakers into positions to win the match.

I think we will win, but it'll be by 2-6 points.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
ding dong...bring it on!

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/36938432/penrith-want-nrl-finals-revenge-against-manly/

Josh Mansour said he was already chomping at the bit to have another crack at the Sea Eagles after they conceded 28 unanswered points in the first hour at Lottoland.

"If it is them I would definitely welcome that head on," Mansour told AAP on Saturday night.

"I would be licking my lips to get them again.

"Today we were very embarrassed and to get that opportunity to get them again, I think as a team we would love to get that challenge."

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Meanwhile, Manly coach Trent Barrett also said he didn't expect to take any psychological advantage into any clash with Penrith.

"It starts again. They will wipe that one pretty quickly if we do (play again)," he said.

Well its up to Manly to refresh their memory then :giggle:

The Who

Journey Man
ding dong...bring it on!

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/36938432/penrith-want-nrl-finals-revenge-against-manly/

Josh Mansour said he was already chomping at the bit to have another crack at the Sea Eagles after they conceded 28 unanswered points in the first hour at Lottoland.

"If it is them I would definitely welcome that head on," Mansour told AAP on Saturday night.

"I would be licking my lips to get them again.

"Today we were very embarrassed and to get that opportunity to get them again, I think as a team we would love to get that challenge."
What else do you expect him to say?
About 99% of the things RL players say is PR crap.
If you want honest assessment the last people you believe are players and coaches.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What else do you expect him to say?
About 99% of the things RL players say is PR crap.
If you want honest assessment the last people you believe are players and coaches.

Errr, if you're asking me specifically: He can say what he likes.

I just posted the article in here so people can read it which I believe is common practise? :)

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
We need to avoid this history:
Round 26: StGeorge 37 beat Parra 0
Following week:
1st Sem: Parra 25 beat StGeorge 12

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
One thing that can be guaranteed, the Panthers will come out hard and match our intensity this Saturday night. If both teams bring their intent, it comes down to who manages the game better and gets their game breakers into positions to win the match.

I think we will win, but it'll be by 2-6 points.
I think your right . Finals are tough and tight and the teams with players that can handle the pressure better make the least mistakes .

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
Well its up to Manly to refresh their memory then :giggle:

The first 10-15 mins will likely determine the outcome. We should put maximum effort into that to encourage them to "give up" and rotate bench props straight away. No Matt Moylan. They will try to ambush. We however should try to ambush their ambush. @:D

ricardo

Bencher
IMG_3007.JPG

So my predictions:

Week 1
Drizzle beat Eels
Sharks beat Cowboys (gone)
Manly crush Penriff (gone, Gus cries)
Donkeys beat Rorters

Week 2
Sharks beat Eels (gone, barthur says the boys worked hard all year but also blames everyone around him)
Manly crush Rorters (despite 18-2 penalty count)

Week3
Manly crush Drizzle (despite 16-1 penalty count)
Donkeys beat Sharks (prefer facing the Sharks in gf but Donkeys will have ref firmly onside)

GF
Manly crush Donkeys (despite 14-3 penalty count and many Queenslanders cry a lot)

Time will tell ...

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm in Wilcannia at present, restocking after a week of dust, flies and a few fish ( sadly none big enough to keep and eat).

My Sat dish system let me down on Saturday night , be buggered if I could get it to connect ( I'll have to invest in an automated system).

But did manage to listen to the game on a very scratchy ABC radio station that faded in and out.

As to where I'll be on Saturday, Menindee Lakes, probably no signal again but hopefully Sat reception this time.

Just fantastic that we are back in the finals , totally unexpected by me, but incredibly happy.

Sadly, and ironical that we play my now quite sick son in laws Panthers, naturally I hope we win , but if we lose I hope they go all the way as this will probably be his last time seeing them.

So despite being absent on the forum for a fair bit of last week and this you'll know I'm there in spirit!!

Go Manly!

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Wilcannia? That's the last place I'd be stopping for supplies. Even the interstate bus drivers don't like stopping there.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
Looking to get tickets with member discount but ticketek are asking for a pre sale AAn number. However, we haven't received anything from the club. Can anyone help?

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12
12 6 6 2 12