Premiership contenders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do you know that Blake Ferguson has only played 3 NRL games at fullback? All with Canberra and none since Round 4, 2012.

I know he hasn't played there but I think he will surprise a few. I think that's where he will be most damaging. He has built confidence. My opinion anyway.

..I'd like to see us add a goal kicker that kicks like a Thurston or Maloney.

I can't see us missing the 8. But injuries are the big leveller. You never know what will happen in that department. All things being equal we will be bug improves even with the time we'll need to gel.

I know he hasn't played there but I think he will surprise a few. I think that's where he will be most damaging. He has built confidence. My opinion anyway.

I'm not saying he won't go well at FB, just pointing out that he's hardly played any first grade there. I think he'll be ok, I just don't think Ferguson will be as good at the back for the Rorters as RTS was or even Mini.

Sharks will improve, Donkeys have a lot going for them, easy draw, mostly 7 day turnarounds , and losing this years GF will make them hungry.

Cowboys will be thereabouts but it's bloody hard to go back to back.

I think Rorters will go backwards.

Can big Sam make the difference to Souffs , who knows gee they have lost a few to get him.

Raiders will be a big improver, possibly the best and easiest draw, and have added some good players.

Barring injuries we have a good shot as well, that is if Team Barrett can get them working together quickly.

The Worriers have added a great fullback, if their half stays fit they could easily win.

A lot will depend on who becomes the media darlings , and as such who gets the run of the green.

All this talk of the team needing to gel, well our backs will be unchanged except for 5/8th so no excuses there.

All this talk of the team needing to gel, well our backs will be unchanged except for 5/8th so no excuses there.
Without Foran organising the left and acting like a half when the ball shifts right may mean things are not going to run as smoothly as the past.

It's more about do we have the ball playing options to hurt teams or just become a predictable show and go style attacking that heavily relies on punch through the middle to create more easy openings to take advantage of.

Last edited:
They were handsom(e)s back then not coaches. Mind you I'm not sure that applies to Arthur. He did however look fairly spiffy in his photo didnt he. I wonder if he coached in that suit
He was not only a rookie coach premiership winner, but a rookie captain premiership winner AND a rookie player premiership winner. Pretty hard trifecta to top.

He was not only a rookie coach premiership winner, but a rookie captain premiership winner AND a rookie player premiership winner. Pretty hard trifecta to top.

Did he play in that dapper suit as well?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8