Prime Minister Abbott's new role as Manly #1 ticketholder

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Milk him for the money this year then get rid of him and put a manly fan worth supporting in as #1.

Perhaps a returned war vet and support PTSD?

Ramrod said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Regardless of your political views to have the countries Prime Minister as your number 1 ticket holder is a significant boost for the Sea Eagles.

Perhaps not financially BUT consider the other corporate sponsors.

It cannot be a bad thing, regardless of if you voted for him or not.

This shows the smarts Dave Perry has in getting Abbott on board.
Perry knows this will get us more $$$ and a PM prestige tag.

Tony lives locally on the Northern Beaches and may be the only PM that is a Manly fan, now and in the future.

Talking about muppets, I'm just extra happy that it weren't - Julia "No Carbon Tax" Gillard, or Kevin "Foul Mouth Pink Batts" Rudd, or Bill "No Corruption Enquiry/Knife in the back" Shorten.

Abbott is the only PM that risks his life as a volunteer fire-fighter.
You won't see any other politicians do something like that.
Craig Thomson would rather spend his time at Tiffany's Girls and their Red turbo spa room.

I'm not a fan of politicians, but Abbott as an Aussie who's trying to do the best he can, I think he's better than most on offer.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...so let me get this straight. They have a spa room???

Comparing Tony Abbott with Craig Thompson is not really relevant.

How many times has anyone actually seen him at Brookie? I go most home games and have seen him once in 10 years. Good club politics maybe, but the jersey he is wearing in this shot is a Delmege one.

Canteen Worker said:
Comparing Tony Abbott with Craig Thompson is not really relevant.

How many times has anyone actually seen him at Brookie? I go most home games and have seen him once in 10 years. Good club politics maybe, but the jersey he is wearing in this shot is a Delmege one.

How about Michael Williamson, former federal president of the ALP? ..or Gillard's Union Slush Fund? 90% of pollies stinks. I'm sure we're all just trying to go with the one that seems less likely to be an outright criminal.

Being a declared Manly fan always helps me to decide. I may not agree with everyone here but if you're maroon and white, I'll be in your corner over a bunny, bullcr*p, or an eel supporter.

I have seen Abbott at Brookie more than once, not often, but more than once. He even came to an AGM at the Leagues Club awhile ago.

The man seems to keep himself busier than most. Seen him surf, run marathons, cycle, fight fires... Maybe he saw Gillard's big waddling duck arse and that scared him into being a fitness freak.

I have a few Delmege jerseys too. The one I'm most proud of is the 2008 one. I'm also proud of the ugly 2003 one, because it's when Manly was back in its own right again.

lsz said:
As a side note how do you feel about all of the liberal parties bodies...or is it only relevant to comment on Gillard?

Gillards arse (which even the feminist Greer commented on) and earlobes, Abbotts ears/speedos, Howards eyebrows/glasses, Hockeys girth, the Bishop twins hair...they've all had a run in the disparaging stakes. Cheap and petty, no matter who's slinging it from whatever side.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
PM Tony Abbott reveals his confidence in Sea Eagles for 2014
JON GEDDES MANLY DAILY MARCH 07, 2014

PRIME Minister Tony Abbott has delivered his message of support to the Manly players ahead of tonight’s clash with the Storm, saying he hopes the team can emulate the deeds of the 2008 premiers.

The club’s No.1 ticket holder said he was confident this will be a great season for Manly.

“We went so close to winning the premiership last year,” Mr Abbott said.

“It’s been said that you have to lose a grand final to win one, and we showed that in the 2007 and 2008 premierships.

“My hope is that the spirit of 2008 will be with this team.

“As someone who used to pack into rugby scrums, not league ones, I am particularly honoured to be the number one ticket holder and have enthusiastically accepted Scott Penn and the board’s invitation.”

“Beaver is back with the club, albeit off the field — and I wish Geoff Toovey, Jamie Lyon, Jason King and all the team the very best and I look forward to seeing you at Brookie during the year.”

The PM also had positive news for Sea Eagles fans.

“Off the field, I am pleased that plans to upgrade Brookvale are gathering pace,” he said.
:)

“It’s good that the ­Government is committing $10 million towards this ­project.”

HappilyManly said:
The PM also had positive news for Sea Eagles fans.

“Off the field, I am pleased that plans to upgrade Brookvale are gathering pace,” he said.
:)

“It’s good that the ­Government is committing $10 million towards this ­project.”

This worries me, $10 million is just a token gesture, it will only get us a couple of new toilets and a lick of paint.
The Bulldogs have had this much spent on Belmore just for a training facility, while Souths were promised $20 million from the previous government for their training facility.
I'd like him to say "stuff it, I'm going to fix it up for the people of the Northern Beaches who have been denied something that has been provided to people of other electorates".

HappilyManly said:
“Off the field, I am pleased that plans to upgrade Brookvale are gathering pace,” he said. :)

Peter C said:
This worries me, $10 million is just a token gesture, it will only get us a couple of new toilets and a lick of paint.
I am no Abbott fan but I still take that as a positive comment. The federal funds are only a part of the puzzle, maybe he has asked O'Farrell to get a state trust into gear, or otherwise fast-track approval of the re-development?

It's more hopeful to hear him say that than if he hadn't mentioned Brookie at all, imo.

Plus because of who he is Manly is in the news again, so there is an upside to being involved with a lackey of big-business. ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4