Pritchard Signs with Dogs !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
clontaago link said:
Please, if you seriously believe the dogs have more value on their books than we do on ours you need to ramp up your medication.

precisely

bob dylan link said:
Their team is a joke.

A revolving door of players coming and going, very few stay like Ryan and Patten.

Everybody says Todd Greenberg is a great CEO but he cant hold players at his club because it is rotten to the core.

If you think Greenberg isn't a good CEO then you also have rocks in your head.

He is a smart and savvy business and brings the dollars into that club, he may not be football smart, but certainly will increase their bottom line.

Copa Eagle link said:
your too right Dan, theyre recruiting team have done well, we seem to be more for our juniors these days (whare,Hoppa,Oldfield and many more) were as in past years it was all about the big name signature (Bell,Lyons,Orford,Perry)

Whare's a Dragon's junior

Dan link said:
Patten + Kimmorely would take a fair chunk of their cap.

However Idris, Turner, Tandy and Tolman would be lucky to soak up 800k between them.

Turner played for a great team but was never a very good winger, lucky if he is worth $150k
Idris, still young and I think still on a contract from before he played Origin. Lucky if he was on $150 - 200K
Tandy - Would have come cheap from the Storm and lucky to be on $150k
Tolman - The same

Ennis would be on about $200 - 250k max

Eastwood the same, he has been very quiet of late and not the player he was.

Keating is young and up and coming and probably again on less than 200k

Morris the same, him and his brother are good, but still young when he signed.

Really our imagined worth of players is more than they are actually on. I dare say they still have a little left to spend too

Eastwood's in England playing for the Rhinos

Dan link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=184855.msg287386#msg287386 date=1282710788]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=184855.msg287351#msg287351 date=1282705277]
Patten + Kimmorely would take a fair chunk of their cap.

However Idris, Turner, Tandy and Tolman would be lucky to soak up 800k between them.

Turner played for a great team but was never a very good winger, lucky if he is worth $150k
Idris, still young and I think still on a contract from before he played Origin. Lucky if he was on $150 - 200K
Tandy - Would have come cheap from the Storm and lucky to be on $150k
Tolman - The same

Ennis would be on about $200 - 250k max

Eastwood the same, he has been very quiet of late and not the player he was.

Keating is young and up and coming and probably again on less than 200k

Morris the same, him and his brother are good, but still young when he signed.

Really our imagined worth of players is more than they are actually on. I dare say they still have a little left to spend too

I think you are under valuing a couple of them Dan

Idris extended at the end of last season from memory and wouldn't have been cheap, I wouldn't be surprised if he was upwards of 200k

Tolman is considered 1 of the best young props in the game and a future Origin prop, was even talked about as this year before injuries hit him, so he would be upwards of 200k as well i would guess
[/quote]

mate at the end of last season Idris was still just an inconsistent up and comer with a big frame. He still had a lot to go. If he is on 200k he is very very lucky
[/quote]

They will be paying for that potential on a long term deal, much like we are with Tony Williams and Foran

Not saying they are over the cap though

Dan link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=184855.msg287391#msg287391 date=1282713525]
Please, if you seriously believe the dogs have more value on their books than we do on ours you need to ramp up your medication.

precisely

bob dylan link said:
Their team is a joke.

A revolving door of players coming and going, very few stay like Ryan and Patten.

Everybody says Todd Greenberg is a great CEO but he cant hold players at his club because it is rotten to the core.

If you think Greenberg isn't a good CEO then you also have rocks in your head.

He is a smart and savvy business and brings the dollars into that club, he may not be football smart, but certainly will increase their bottom line.
[/quote]

Rocks and Gravel?

I didnt say he wasnt a good CEO as I would have no idea just like most people here, however I did say his team is rotten to the core.

No doubt they are a pile of crap on the field. They seem to be lacking heart and spirit and a whole lot of structure.

I'd say coaching staff have more to answer for

As an aside there was an interview with Patten having a whinge about playing his last game on a monday night

FFS you were a solid club footballer who never got past city / country

The kicker for me was when he was quoted as saying he "deserves" a decent send off.

Bit of a change from Beaver

Dan link said:
why because they signed an ageing forward on his last few legs? The guy wouldnt be worth much these days and is on his way to the UK soon surely.

Wow! Pritchard is 26, and on his day is the most unstoppable backrower in the comp (he's lazy too, but you pay him big money because of what he CAN produce). Panthers tabled big money, it would've taken more to get him to leave.

Same goes for Steve Turner - think about how much coin the Dogs had to chuck at him to leave the Storm (where he was essentially the most popular player at the club). Storm loved him and had no problem paying outside the cap, but the Dogs paid more.

Still, I think they got good deals on Stagg and a couple of other players (Morris etc) who were stuck behind players at their clubs and needed an opportunity.

lsz link said:
As an aside there was an interview with Patten having a whinge about playing his last game on a monday night

FFS you were a solid club footballer who never got past city / country

The kicker for me was when he was quoted as saying he \"deserves\" a decent send off.

Bit of a change from Beaver

Exactly. Beaver got a Monday night send off, and nobody said a word.

Article in the Tele today says Pritchard signed at $1.2mil for 3 years.
Thats pretty big coin for a forward

You would think that the Dogs would have to pay a premium to get players to come across from successful teams given their position on the ladder.

If we signed T-Rex after a handfull of first grade games for $150K, I would expect that Idris would be at least pushing $200K.

I also think the Dogs would have had to do substantially better than Melbourne's offer to get Steve Turner away from his love-in at the Storm (as crap as he is).  Same goes for getting Morris to move away from his brother at the Dragons.

And if Hodko's deal is $800K over 3 years, I would expect Ennis to be on a lot more than that - otherwise look out for Ennis to walk out.  Same goes for some of their forwards if Pritchard's deal is really $400K per year.

They are definitely paying some big coin for at least some of their recruits.  Either the other players are on big coin as well, or they'll get pissed off and leave.  I suppose time will tell which one it is.

It all smells a bit fishy to me.  And they do have form for it down Belmore way.

MadMarcus link said:
You would think that the Dogs would have to pay a premium to get players to come across from successful teams given their position on the ladder.

If we signed T-Rex after a handfull of first grade games for $150K, I would expect that Idris would be at least pushing $200K.

I also think the Dogs would have had to do substantially better than Melbourne's offer to get Steve Turner away from his love-in at the Storm (as crap as he is).  Same goes for getting Morris to move away from his brother at the Dragons.

And if Hodko's deal is $800K over 3 years, I would expect Ennis to be on a lot more than that - otherwise look out for Ennis to walk out.  Same goes for some of their forwards if Pritchard's deal is really $400K per year.

They are definitely paying some big coin for at least some of their recruits.  Either the other players are on big coin as well, or they'll get pissed off and leave.  I suppose time will tell which one it is.

It all smells a bit fishy to me.  And they do have form for it down Belmore way.

I dont agree with this. As a player you would chase both the money and also clubs that are building towards something. If they make one premium purchase that shows they are building towards a plan, then surely others will follow.

One bluechip central player and then build on that

If Pritchard is worth $400k a season,then Shane Rodney is worth $600k a season.I'd have Rodney over Pritchard any day.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6