Protocol on the Hill

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They should have a line marked halfway up the hill that runs the length of the hill. Behind the line is the standing area. In front of the line is the sitting area.
I don't believe seats or areas on the hill should be allowed to be saved for anyone. If they're not there yet it's a free area.

bones said:
They should have a line marked halfway up the hill that runs the length of the hill. Behind the line is the standing area. In front of the line is the sitting area.
I don't believe seats or areas on the hill should be allowed to be saved for anyone. Of they're not there yet it's a free area.

That's actually a pretty good idea.

I mean sometimes when you go with smaller kids and the family hill is full, you want to sit down, so I have no dramas with people wanting to sit. I do have dramas with them wanting to sit at the back of the hill or near the beer shed.

If everybody was considerate of everybody else ( which they're not ) there wouldn't be any issues.
I see both sides of the argument but the reality it when you get masses of people, whether it be on the hill at the footy or at a pub gig there are plenty of people that don't give rats that you actually there to see the entertainment rather than the back of their head.
There's no real protocol but common sense should prevail and not everyone has that either.
We all love OUR hill and most of us put up with the odd discomfort and d!ckhead but there are plenty of reasons why a lot of people prefer reserved seating, but with that comes added cost.
Think about the kiddies people, they're our future.
If we had to pay reserved seat prices we wouldn't be going.

Last year for the Newcastle game some of the away fans turned up early and put down chairs at the back of the hill next to the beer shed.

They were a bit annoyed when all the regulars turned up and stood in front of them, but that area of the hill is always a standing area, and they should have been smart enough to realise what was going to happen.

As the crowd grows the available space shrinks.

Saving space for friends is reasonable when there's plenty of space.

When there's not, it's not.

bones said:
I don't believe seats or areas on the hill should be allowed to be saved for anyone. If they're not there yet it's a free area.
You could call it the Manly Demarcation Line (MDL). Just like the Military Demarcation Line (MDL) in the middle of the ROK/DPRK* DMZ - 'Warning: Do Not Cross!'

* Republic of Korea/Democratic Peoples' Republic of Korea

My pet hate on the hill is when your there before the game you've taken your spot up near the beer shed and some Derek rocks up either after kick off or just on and stands in front of you. Not being the tallest person that used to annoy the hell out of me.

Daniel said:
bones said:
I don't believe seats or areas on the hill should be allowed to be saved for anyone. Of they're not there yet it's a free area.

That's actually a pretty good idea.

I mean sometimes when you go with smaller kids and the family hill is full, you want to sit down, so I have no dramas with people wanting to sit. I do have dramas with them wanting to sit at the back of the hill or near the beer shed.

At the Melbourne I was standing on the railing hanging onto the sign at around the 20 metre line, because I couldn't see and i'm 6"2, security whinged about it

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6