Put a line through....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MadMarcus link said:
The only team I would put a line through at this stage is the North Sydney Bears.
to quote charlie sheen

this post is WINNING

In the spirit of this post I have to say there have been some posters on here that in the last 2 week I'd like to draw a line through.

No Shane it's not you some of this newer blokes make you look like an ironstine :)

Hilarious really to see the doom and gloom after just one game.

Look the doomsayers may well be right, we may struggle in 2011...but dead set can we at least enjoy what we have.

*Unlike the Northern Eagles days we still have our team
*Brett Stewart made his long awaited return last weekend and his return to Brookvale in 2 weeks will be some sort of homcoming
*We have some exciting youngsters coming through the ranks, and this augers well for the years ahead.
*We STILL have some very good players (although some injured and suspended).

It's funny seeing the different reaction of the MWTS group in Melbourne last weekend, all were dissapointed (as we always are when we lose), but all were looking forward to the season ahead, the away trips and the good times we have when we get together.

So can I suggest all you whinging bastards....get on a MWTS trip soon and it may change your views on everything Manly!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Hilarious really to see the doom and gloom after just one game.

Look the doomsayers may well be right, we may struggle in 2011...but dead set can we at least enjoy what we have.

*Unlike the Northern Eagles days we still have our team
*Brett Stewart made his long awaited return last weekend and his return to Brookvale in 2 weeks will be some sort of homcoming
*We have some exciting youngsters coming through the ranks, and this augers well for the years ahead.
*We STILL have some very good players (although some injured and suspended).

It's funny seeing the different reaction of the MWTS group in Melbourne last weekend, all were dissapointed (as we always are when we lose), but all were looking forward to the season ahead, the away trips and the good times we have when we get together.

So can I suggest all you whinging bastards....get on a MWTS trip soon and it may change your views on everything Manly!!
love it you are such a salesman :) but your right I know I've been at games when we have lost but I've had a great time before or after with everyone having a few drinks and such

Some posters on here really bring my mood down, seriously it is early in the season, we got beaten by a fired up Melbourne in Melbourne! Lyon went off, ballin got knocked out, Hoppa was injured and Joe was injured/
I am usually positive but this weekend will probably be a loss as the roosters are a really good side but In will be cheering hard and won't want to neck myself if we lose!!

Dave link said:
Some posters on here really bring my mood down, seriously it is early in the season, we got beaten by a fired up Melbourne in Melbourne! Lyon went off, ballin got knocked out, Hoppa was injured and Joe was injured/
I am usually positive but this weekend will probably be a loss as the roosters are a really good side but In will be cheering hard and won't want to neck myself if we lose!!
your right mate I'm sure we all love manly but at end of the day it's only footy

bob dylan link said:
A mate of mine was saying yesterday that he reckons we have a good shot at the spoon and was heading down to the TAB to have a lazy $50 on us.

I dont think we are that bad but I am happy to book a my holidays for September because be have almost no hope of making the finals.

Round 1 or not the fact is our roster is one of the weakest in the NRL depth wise.

I think he's an idiot,Bob.Even if we were to have a REAL bad year (which several friends have told me we'll have) I think that the sharks would save us from the spoon.

Dear dear me...

I've seen people admit defeat and head out the ground with 5 to 10 minutes left in a game but after the first game of the season is a bit premature innit?

Mick, last I heard was that the premiership was decided in the 1st weekend in October and not the 2nd in March. Give yourself an uppercut and start getting behind your team.

To all of those criticising the negative posts, take a deep brath and consider the possibility that such negative posts are simply saying, how did we get to this place from 2008/9.

I know all of the salary cap issues and contract upgrades and injuries and the court case yada yada.......but it just seems incomprehensible that we could go from World Club Champions just 2 years ago to a side that most so called experts are tipping to finish around 13th or 14th.

Barring an injury to Lockyer I reckon Broncos will finish above us.

Ralphie link said:
To all of those criticising the negative posts, take a deep brath and consider the possibility that such negative posts are simply saying, how did we get to this place from 2008/9.

I know all of the salary cap issues and contract upgrades and injuries and the court case yada yada.......but it just seems incomprehensible that we could go from World Club Champions just 2 years ago to a side that most so called experts are tipping to finish around 13th or 14th.

It's not really incomprehensible. You gave a lot of reasons that explain exactly how it's happened.

The experts don't know what they're talking about because we're a team with a lot of young guys coming into it. Unlike us, most of them have never seen the young guys, so they just assume they'll do no good.

2 things come to mind from this post.

Firstly the April premiership doesn't count for much, Cronulla have been up there many an April, but I don't see any trophies for that in the cabinet.

Secondly, look at Parra in 09, ****house for the first half of the year, then a good run by some new blokes mixed with some experienced older guys got them to the Grand Final.

So certainly no time to be handing out finals positions yet. From where I sat in Melbourne I saw some good things that give me hope.

Brookie,the dropped balls and par round on the new halfback didnt concern me,what actually concerns me is the lack of pack energy

Perhaps an aberition,maybe i remember a game against the sharks
in 08 a bit rosier,but from memory it was not so much our pack in
that particular game,from memory we got the sharp end of the
refs stick in that game,saturday concerned me because our pack
looked lethargic and as penetrative as an old man trying to shag a
brick wall,Watmough excluded from that summation

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4