Questions for Manly fans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One thing you dogs or any other team will never get is the resilence, tanacity and a backs to the wall team spirit of being the most hated team in the NRL. No other team will emulate that.

99% of non-Manly supporters will support their club and whoever is playing against Manly. It's part of our heritage.

MrInvisible said:
If you asked me a few years ago if we had a chance against the Storm or Manly, I'd have laughed and said "no way".

And you would have been right, you lost both games and I LOOV IT!

Some of you lot need to get a thicker skin

He has come on here asking footy related questions - stop reading into things that are not there.

And, if you do not like it, do not read the thread and ignore Mr I

For mind the time it took Des to have an impact was due the state of what he took over (broke and an awful roster)

I would think he will have a quick impact on you guys but the real pick up is crusher cleal and his ability to spot players. He helped to get most of our team (think t-rex, ballin etc) and will be the biggest asset

Disagree Isz.... I have heard from an insider that suggests that Dave Warwick did a great deal of the spotting and that Noel did bugger all the last 3 years. The Ha$dogs had their man but I'd say De$ would have demanded Cru$her came with him, our good luck really.

Fair enough Mark but i can only base it on what i have seen (without any inside info)

either way he did some great things for our club

Vyssini said:
Manly's "slump between 1998-2006" was as a result of your pathetic club selling its soul to News Limited, which saw our great club almost gone in the effort to save the ARL.

This is why the trophy last night should never be named after Moore.

And this, Mrs Visible, is the reason why I, and I suspect many more Manly diehards, dislike your club- the de$ issue is peripheral and consequential to the behaviour one would expect from Belmore.

Vyssini pretty much hits the nail on the head with this one. My hatred of the Bulldogs has absolutely nothing to do with the Des Hasler defection (although the complete lack of class with which it was done still bugs me) or Greenberg's transparent attempt to poach the entire culture of our club (which is pretty much an admission that his own club's culture and traditions aren't worth ****) and associate himself with success without actually having any success of his own. Instead, it all comes down to the super league "war". The super league clubs went out of their way to destroy rugby league and very nearly succeeded. They were (and remain) a disgrace.
Throw in the 2002 salary cap scandal and Coffs Harbour two years later and you've really got a club to be proud of.
But I guess all rugby league fans hate opposition teams. I've even heard that a lot of fans from other clubs hate Manly…

lsz said:
Fair enough Mark but i can only base it on what i have seen (without any inside info)

either way he did some great things for our club

He certainly did mate no doubting that but that was part of the reason Warwick wanted a move , " all the work and no glory nor mo big money". That all changed when Cleal went to the dogs and he came back

Mr insignificant is a closet manly fan it's very obvious !!! Why else spend so much time over here ,be manly don't be a dog !!!

swoop said:
One thing you dogs or any other team will get is the resilence, tanacity and a backs to the wall team spirit of being the most hated team in the NRL. No other team will emulate that.

99% of non-Manly supporters will support their club and whoever is playing against Manly. It's part of our heritage.

And that is why the Manly culture can't be replicated elsewhere. It was there in the past when the Sea Eagles were one of the wealthier clubs and it's still alive and well as one of the less affluent clubs now.

That same resilience was there for all to see in the SL war when Manly stood firm against Murdoch and his minions. If Manly (and to a lesser extent Newcastle) had of capitulated, the whole box and dice would've ended up as SL (shudder).

This club has a culture and a heritage to be proud of.

MrInvisible said:
With a NSW Cup side that has been close to unbeatable over recent years, surely the talent is there, it's just stepping it up to an NRL level.

For this to happen though you need to start bringing these juniors through, not buying players from other clubs like you have done in the past.

I hope you guys aren't giving Des hell over there at the Kennel though. I know what you guys are like and would probably be already calling for his head.

Des didn't get us to a GF until 3 years after he began his coaching career. We didn't even make the finals in the first year. He had a 5 year plan, and we had our first title in 4 years. Give him time.

He'll solidfy your defence first, then he'll build your team's attack from that.

In saying all of this though, now you have sold your souls and bought a Manly coach, you will NEVER be the Dogs of War again. Des only knows the Manly/Silvertails way and he'll bring that to your club. After all of the BS that comes out of the mouths of your fans bringing our team down, your team is about to be made into a clone of us. Must suck to see constant success on the horizon for a change, huh?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4