Quiet Off season - more off field trouble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Innocent until proven guilty - Wicks or his lawyer is indicating he will plead not guilty, he should be afforded the same respect that Brett has been given abd be allowed to play as at the moment in the eyes of the law he is innocent of any wrong doing.

Of course, after his day in court what happens to him will be another matter.

Canteen Worker link said:
Wicks will be dumped by Newcastle quickly and in this current climate they won't dare play him.
Agreed.  He's a marginal player.  It would have been different had it been Johns, or a Hayne at Parramatta etc.

Just what do these guys do with their money? 50K for bail doesn't sound like much, but he couldn't come up with it.  Surly he must have been on at least 120K for the season.     

All his money is tied up in "stock" for his business. Given his current circumstance it's not exactly a liquid asset at the moment.

Am I the only one who laughed at this bit?

Wicks - who has cult-hero status in Newcastle - was best-known for a barnstorming 60m run against the Roosters in April in which he burst through defenders and scored.

The guy is a cult hero cos he made a break through the Rorters defence line this season?! Wow!! What an achievement  LOL.

The Wheel link said:
Maybe the difference is our club believes Brett is innocent.

The Knights already stood Wicks down indefinitely, they did that yesterday as soon as the news broke. 'Innocent until proven guilty' might be the reason they won't be able to formally sack him until the case runs its course, but I bet they won't be paying him either.

And on the charges Wicks faces, I don't think it would matter who it was, no club could afford to touch him until he was cleared. After all this is not a case  resting on the word of one teenage girl (for example) but on a police investigation that went for months. By no means does that mean convictions are certain but it does mean Wicks in a fairly dire pickle. His teammates are not exactly rallying in support either, judging from a couple of reports today.

That is one thing that has certainly come to my attention. This incident and many other incidents, the club, coach and other players all tried to distance themselves from it. Where as Hasler if i remember correctly was actually at the police station when Stewart was in custody and then released. There was little talk about standing him down from the camp.

ConcernedSupporter link said:
Am I the only one who laughed at this bit?

Wicks - who has cult-hero status in Newcastle - was best-known for a barnstorming 60m run against the Roosters in April in which he burst through defenders and scored.

The guy is a cult hero cos he made a break through the Rorters defence line this season?! Wow!! What an achievement  LOL.

It was actually last year he did that. He has "cult" status for the same reason Rose does

From the Telegraph....."Police allege they have months of surveillance tapes, phone intercepts and other evidence showing Wicks doing "hundreds" of drug deals."

CCTV footage from Energy Australia Stadium would be all they'd require.

We can't expect anyone that plays for Newcastle to have a reasonably functioning brain. Maybe Wicksy watched too many episodes of Underbelly this year.
On the Sea Eagles front I think we should invite Tiger Woods, Andre Agassi, and possibly Britney to our 2010 season launch. Tiger could sit next to Brett, Andre could try some Sea Eagle-style calves blood and Choc could advise Britney on her fashion sense.

It said on the news last night that the Knights were set to announce "Coke" as their major sponsor but that the deal may fall through now.

niccipops link said:
I think we should invite Tiger Woods, Andre Agassi, and possibly Britney Spears to our 2010 season launch.
  Given Tiger's recently revealed predilection for tawdry blonds with big hair and cellulite I'd suggest we install CCTV in the toilet cubicles and make a quick million to balance the books.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6