R9 MANLY NSW CUP V NORTH SYDNEY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks mate, dissapointing the sharks ran away with it.. Got any mail on who is going to be called up for snake?

joeboy said:
Thanks mate, dissapointing the sharks ran away with it.. Got any mail on who is going to be called up for snake?

I don't have any insight at the moment. Calls for Gutherson to get a go are way off the mark. He is very green at this level and is clearly not ready.

Seeing as they played Hiku tonight I'm thinking that the FB will come from either Jorge or Wolfie.

Tooves must be hoping that nothing happens with DCE & Foran as the two back-ups, Chisholm & Seage are both injured.

Fairy Bower said:
joeboy said:

I don't have any insight at the moment. Calls for Gutherson to get a go are way off the mark. He is very green at this level and is clearly not ready.

Seeing as they played Hiku tonight I'm thinking that the FB will come from either Jorge or Wolfie.

Tooves must be hoping that nothing happens with DCE & Foran as the two back-ups, Chisholm & Seage are both injured.
I know they were beaten but did any player stand out tonight in a beaten side

I thought Ligi Sao was good. Can't believe Rose & Hasson got the call before him. Hooker higgins was good as were forwards Tavita, Lemarlu. Winger Chapman was strong. Hiku tried hard.

Am I reading too much into the fact Hiku played and Gagan didn't? Could we Jorge at fullback and Gagan on a wing? Would be surprising as I thought we got Hiku for situations just like this.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=74007&title=vb-nsw-cup-previews---round-nine

North Sydney Bears Vs Manly Sea Eagles
North Sydney Oval, Sunday, May 12
Kick-off: 3.00pm

Referee: Lawrence McDonell
Broadcast: Radio Coverage courtesy of Triple H 100.1FM (Link available via the www.nswrl.com.au Broadcast page)

Summary: Manly will play their third game in seven days against the second-placed Bears as part of a triple-header which includes the National Under 16 and Under 18 games at Bear Park on Sunday. The Sea Eagles dominated for long periods against competition leaders, Cronulla, at Leichhardt Oval last night but struggled to post points after losing halfback Jason Seage to a leg injury. With injuries and suspensions littered throughout the NRL squad, the task doesn’t get any easier for Luke Williamson and his men here. On a positive note, it has also meant that several VB NSW Cup players have made their NRL debut under Geoff Toovey in recent weeks. One of those debutants, Peta Hiku, was the shining light for the Sea Eagles against the Sharks and the boys from the northern beaches need him to fire against what is proving a staunch Bears defence. The Bears will be out to avenge their Round Eight loss to the Wests Tigers and have again named a strong line-up highlighted by the naming of impressive young rake Apisai Koroisau who made a successful return from injury last weekend. Although last night’s score doesn’t reflect it, the Sea Eagles were brutal up front at times against the Sharks and they need to bring that mentality into this clash. If the Bears get too much go forward and the likes of Keary and Farrell get room to move, the game could be out of Manly’s reach before they know it.

Talking Point: A rivalry renewed – We are not going to sit here and bang on about the rivalry between the Bears and the Sea Eagles for too long. Anyone who knows anything about Rugby League knows that these two clubs don’t like one another very much and haven’t done so for a very long time. Manly’s form running into this clash probably doesn’t suggest that they are a winning chance, but you know what? If they can’t win the game, maybe they can win the fight! We don’t condone that type of behaviour but you get the feeling it will be one of those kinds of games. Also can’t wait to see if any hardy soul rocks up wearing their retro Northern Eagles jersey. Who knows, maybe Wyong coach Paul Stringer will on his way back from Wellington.

Prediction: Expecting the Bears to bounce back after a home loss last round. Bears by 16.

I might go to this game, a friend is playing in the NS Bears side and I said I would try and get there to watch him.

Its times like this with all the injuries we have that you miss having a Q-Cup affiliated team.

What was the result of this game ? Did Hiku play?

Fairy Bower, anyone?

40-0 25 to go. Williamson's gotta go.

46-4 with 10 to go. Just gave the ball away. No dummy half. ****ing come on!?!?

54-4

awesome...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7