Pre-Game Raiders v Manly [Round 12, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

14 42
GIO Stadium
21 May 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be in the minority here but I rarely listen to these mandatory player interviews. I know the NRL is trying to have players/clubs engage more with fans, but forcing three players to front the media each week when they have to be guarded in what they say is not the way to do it, imo. How often do they say anything worthwhile? It's not their fault but political correctness means we only hear platitudes; nothing remotely newsworthy. I think they are a waste of time, as are the cringeworthy Channel Nine 'on the spot' interviews with a playing itching to get off the field at half time.

I may be in the minority here but I rarely listen to these mandatory player interviews. I know the NRL is trying to have players/clubs engage more with fans, but forcing three players to front the media each week when they have to be guarded in what they say is not the way to do it, imo. How often do they say anything worthwhile? It's not their fault but political correctness means we only hear platitudes; nothing remotely newsworthy. I think they are a waste of time, as are the cringeworthy Channel Nine 'on the spot' interviews with a playing itching to get off the field at half time.
absolutely spot on, they are pointless.

^^^So slightly better than one ‘error’ per game and just under 2.5 missed tackles per game.

Would be interesting to see how that rates alongside other centres at other clubs.

Yes I think Lawton could offer more too and have stated as much elsewhere.

However as long as the forwards as a whole routinely allow their opponents to cross the advantage line and establish field position in Manly’s half, a centre like Parker will miss a tackle or make a mistake. So will the hooker, who works much harder in defence than some of his fellow forwards.

#believe

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230517_150731_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230517_150731_Instagram.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 64
^^^So slightly better than one ‘error’ per game and just under 2.5 missed tackles per game.

Would be interesting to see how that rates alongside other centres at other clubs.

Yes I think Lawton could offer more too and have stated as much elsewhere.

However as long as the forwards as a whole routinely allow their opponents to cross the advantage line and establish field position in Manly’s half, a centre like Parker will miss a tackle or make a mistake. So will the hooker, who works much harder in defence than some of his fellow forwards.

As per below, foxsports do average but it doesnt go to decimal places and I currently dont have time to do it properly.

For Missed tackles at least, Graham, Alamoti, Averillo, Pompey and Staggs have all played 11 games. Manu 8. The rest 9

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230517_151231_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230517_151231_Chrome.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20230517_151203_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230517_151203_Chrome.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 59
He did an hour podcast interview yesterday with Liam Knight and Jake T....

It wasn't a good listen.

Hope so!

Even more so, Tommy never gets interviewed.

I'd throw him out there in front of the press. Until today, because there were no actual journalists there, every player has had to spend half their time talking about Tommy.

If he has a confidence problem, both on and off the field, it can only actually be addressed by facing it head on.

Rehearse him, get him out there, and get it over with, rather than having it be yet another thing he's afraid of.

He's a grown man for heaven's sake.

After the darkness of the last few weeks at least this week I can look forward to something, maybe get a little excited and not the " same 17" the Seaman was excited about last week.

Keen to see how Fainu goes hopefully subbing a fwd not a center.
Burbo has made some obvious improvements, this is his test, can he improve the benchmark.
Condon is interesting, first look, hope hes fired up.
Of course the Shu hopefully fits
Turbo showed glimpses of his natural self last week, will we see more glimpses, a flood or explosion of form from him.

If all else above fails, there is the match up of Croker and Hoppa vs Koula and Garrick, I'm looking forward to that, the failed Golden child against the new hope in Koula.

Would have been fantastic to see GCKT get a shot, hopefully soon.

We better fkn win though,this losing cr@p is
.... 🤬

After the darkness of the last few weeks at least this week I can look forward to something, maybe get a little excited and not the " same 17" the Seaman was excited about last week.

Keen to see how Fainu goes hopefully subbing a fwd not a center.
Burbo has made some obvious improvements, this is his test, can he improve the benchmark.
Condon is interesting, first look, hope hes fired up.
Of course the Shu hopefully fits
Turbo showed glimpses of his natural self last week, will we see more glimpses, a flood or explosion of form from him.

If all else above fails, there is the match up of Croker and Hoppa vs Koula and Garrick, I'm looking forward to that, the failed Golden child against the new hope in Koula.

Would have been fantastic to see GCKT get a shot, hopefully soon.

We better fkn win though,this losing cr@p is
.... 🤬
We’ve lost that winning feeling 😢😢😢

Well folks it's D day, decision day. Will he (Shuster) or wont he play. These days Shoe can find a leg injury on training days as well as in games...hell, he could probably pick up a quadie just jogging to KFC or Maccas. He really is an enigma, he's probably all of our hopes & dreams this season tbh. Just hope he's not what a lot of people are sayin.. a myth. Anyway, if he plays I'll be cheering him on and at the same time knocking on wood and fingers crossed that he comes through fit and unscathed.
That’s nothing … turbo can do a hammy just strolling down manly corso

Just sayin

Condon on the bench worried me for a bit. He's looked anything but first grade material in reserves. But then I remember most of our forwards just don't even have a crack most weeks anyway. Give it a red hot crack Benny.

We have to beat these bastards as it's the most important (to me!) game of the year when we play Canberra. I'll be there with a mate who follows the Raiders so I'm really hoping for a strong showing to keep him quiet... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7