Pre-Game Raiders v Manly [Round 12, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

14 42
GIO Stadium
21 May 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be in the minority here but I rarely listen to these mandatory player interviews.
May be or maybe not, but gees it's hard to please some fans. The club's damned if it does and damned if it doesn't.

I listen to most player interviews and generally enjoy them. Not all the players are articulate but some are insightful and I still like to hear/see them give their answers.

May be or maybe not, but gees it's hard to please some fans. The club's damned if it does and damned if it doesn't.

I listen to most player interviews and generally enjoy them. Not all the players are articulate but some are insightful and I still like to hear/see them give their answers.

Agree. Those same fans when winning $1m in lotto would whinge that it wasn’t $2m. 🤷‍♂️

It's not their fault but political correctness means we only hear platitudes; nothing remotely newsworthy.
Political correctness?
Huh?

My understanding of political correctness is people can't say they hate black people or gays or jews. And rightly so.

Perhaps you mean not revealing team secrets?

I don't really think thats the problem as much as some are less savvy than others.

Still, I love to hear from them.

I may be in the minority here but I rarely listen to these mandatory player interviews. I know the NRL is trying to have players/clubs engage more with fans, but forcing three players to front the media each week when they have to be guarded in what they say is not the way to do it, imo. How often do they say anything worthwhile? It's not their fault but political correctness means we only hear platitudes; nothing remotely newsworthy. I think they are a waste of time, as are the cringeworthy Channel Nine 'on the spot' interviews with a playing itching to get off the field at half time.
Yeah, I remember one where Danica Mason ran up to a player after he got tackled after a long attacking run, she just shoved the mike in his face, It was pretty funny. He was so out of breath, he just nodded and ran off.

Yeah, I give them a ribbing but I still watch them every week. At least I can get some idea of their personality. Ive not found anything to dislike them for. Altho, I confess to find Josh A irritating ...... but only sometimes. If Im going out there every home game to either yell my frustration or cheer their success (hopefully again soon) then seeing them off the field is a good thing.

Thanks you @The Wheel
Go Ben Condon
Make the most of your Great Opportunity
and Become one of the Great Reasons our Manly Team wins !

Picture - Good Luck Clipart - Png Download (#668338) - PinClipart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4