Rainbows,rubgy league, Roberts, religion...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sport is a religion of peace and Unity

Lets stop Politically Prostituting it !

See the source image

What are your thoughts on crosses and 'Jesus' on wristbands, pointing to the sky after a try, and prayer circles on the field after a game?
These are the things I have a problem with. If there's to be none, so be it. But if these are allowed and they promote religions which discriminate in many ways, then it is political and should also be banned. Yet, for some reason it is not.
Not having a go at you Al, just a question (and a statement actually but who's counting 🤣🤣).
Can get a bit subjective can "t it , Guess in the case of after try expressions , pretty brief and only periodical Pre or post game expressions , not really part of the on field intrinsic playing requirements . Playing a whole game with some set agenda references , really a different level or occurrence . Anyway again certainly some type of subjectiveness applying but some distinctive points of difference as well

What are your thoughts on crosses and 'Jesus' on wristbands, pointing to the sky after a try, and prayer circles on the field after a game?
These are the things I have a problem with. If there's to be none, so be it. But if these are allowed and they promote religions which discriminate in many ways, then it is political and should also be banned. Yet, for some reason it is not.
Not having a go at you Al, just a question (and a statement actually but who's counting 🤣🤣).

@BOZO

Taking into consideration your earlier post and your desire to have the rainbow abolished, I would like to gain your perspective on this post from Budgie please.

@BOZO

Taking into consideration your earlier post and your desire to have the rainbow abolished, I would like to gain your perspective on this post from Budgie please.

My take on it is simple .. I don't much care for it ... but someone writing Jesus on a wrist bandage isn't going to bother any body, and unless the cameraman goes out of his way to make an issue of it ... who would know or care ... and as for the pray circle, once again, leave me out of it, but if that's what they want to do after the game good on them, and again who would care. ...

But if you wanted to ban all religious, causes and political references, and virtue signalling .. I would support it.

But here is the difference ... they are not saying that if you don't write Jesus on your wrist, and if you don't join in the pray circle .. you can't play. ... there is no sense of entitlement that makes them think that others have some sort of obligation to show support and participate or risk being excluded and called some sort of "ist" ... .

Easy, no one is forced to wear a cross or support jesus, that's the difference. If it was I would be against that too.

Sigh. Some of you people just get on a bandwagon and stick with it no matter what road it's turned onto.
The discussion I was having was not about rainbow stripes but about any political act having a place on a sporting field. Any sporting field.
But you all just keep returning to jerseygate as you like to call it. There seems to be no thought or intellectual discussion whatsoever.
Sorry I seem so frustrated but I've spent a lifetime being quizzed by my friends about what on earth I see in such a neanderthal game with it's idiot backward supporters who are stuck somewhere in the seventies and lack teeth.

Sigh. Some of you people just get on a bandwagon and stick with it no matter what road it's turned onto.
The discussion I was having was not about rainbow stripes but about any political act having a place on a sporting field. Any sporting field.
But you all just keep returning to jerseygate as you like to call it. There seems to be no thought or intellectual discussion whatsoever.
Sorry I seem so frustrated but I've spent a lifetime being quizzed by my friends about what on earth I see in such a neanderthal game with it's idiot backward supporters who are stuck somewhere in the seventies and lack teeth.
I know I'm a just a neanderthal according to you I guess, but in answer to this I'd say if a player chose to write, let's say "gay pride" or "inclusion" like the jesus crew does I wouldn't care as it's a personal choice.

Im not trying to start trouble but I still can't get a reasonable answer to the difference between the Inclusive Jersey and the Indigenous Jersey. No one has said boo about celebrating the Indigenous Jersey for the last 10 years but now we seem to have a problem. Can someone please explain the difference because im not seeing it ?

But if you wanted to ban all religious, causes and political references, and virtue signalling .. I would support it.

Interesting point, Woodsie. A few years ago, I would have agreed with you. I did find the whole 'taking a knee' thing completely overdone. At one point, they were doing it before every sporting match, and it lost all purpose in the end.

Rightly or wrongly, sport will always be political. These athletes are on the world stage and will use their platform to highlight mistreatment of indigenous people, racial inequality, gender equality, LGBTQI rights, human rights abuses, etc. You just need to look at the World Cup in Qatar and what an absolute cluster fuk that has become. I think the days of athletes 'shutting up and playing' are over as people become more aware of what's happening across the world. The issues we face in Australia are miniscule compared to what's happening in Iran, Israel, etc.

What would have happened if there was a gay player at the world cup in Qatar? Would they be arrested? Just so long as the fellas who took the cash are ok I guess they're not bothered

seems as though you're frustrated because the answers you got to your questions were not the ones you wanted to receive.

spent a lifetime being quizzed by my friends about what on earth I see in such a neanderthal game with it's idiot backward supporters who are stuck somewhere in the seventies and lack teeth.
Not sure about the teeth but yes, definitely many old-fashioned attitudes and prejudices remain entrenched in the culture of rugby league, so of course this includes many fans of the game. It's uncomfortable to have to reconsider one's ingrained views, and for some it's simply too confronting. That's the line where attempting discussion becomes an exercise in frustration!

Im not trying to start trouble but I still can't get a reasonable answer to the difference between the Inclusive Jersey and the Indigenous Jersey. No one has said boo about celebrating the Indigenous Jersey for the last 10 years but now we seem to have a problem. Can someone please explain the difference because im not seeing it ?
Because one is seen as a "choice"

Because one is seen as a "choice"
I don’t think religious people at least from what I understand of modern Christianity Likely see homosexuality as a choice anymore. I guess they weigh sexual desire ( the desire itself) and the ability or discipline to repress it equally. e.g. no sex before marriage and priests in some dominations remaining non sexual ( at least in theory) This assumes they believe sexual desire is something that can be controlled no matter your sexuality.
Where the issue is, is that they celebrate the union between a woman and man above all else as from a anthropology perspective this equals new life. Therefore they do not openly promote alternative unions so to speak as it in their mind mocks the sacred union. This is how I understand it. I don’t think anyone has any right to judge these people as netherdal or backwards as this mind set Is just a direct reflection of the kind of behaviour they perceive as offensive. I.e. judgmental.
Anyway I think it is ok to promote certain ideals as long as you have a choice…compelling people to signal a particular virtue could also be perceived as kind of backwards in my opinion.
As a disclaimer I am not religious and would wear a pride shirt by choice if it made people happy. :)
@Andrew.. this may answer your question

Again with the fantasy imagining of other people's viewpoints ... and then stating them as "accepted" fact ...

Try just speaking for yourself ..

I don’t think religious people at least from what I understand of modern Christianity Likely see homosexuality as a choice anymore. I guess they weigh sexual desire ( the desire itself) and the ability or discipline to repress it equally. e.g. no sex before marriage and priests in some dominations remaining non sexual ( at least in theory) This assumes they believe sexual desire is something that can be controlled no matter your sexuality.
Learning Take Note GIF by BLoafX

Easy, no one is forced to wear a cross or support jesus, that's the difference. If it was I would be against that too.
It's offensive to thieves who were executed next to jeebus.
Just rubbing their faces in the fact their dad didn't plan their resurrection one good sleep after their death.

Where the issue is, is that they celebrate the union between a woman and man above all else as from a anthropology perspective this equals new life. Therefore they do not openly promote alternative unions so to speak as it in their mind mocks the sacred union. This is how I understand it. I don’t think anyone has any right to judge these people as netherdal or backwards as this mind set Is just a direct reflection of the kind of behaviour they perceive as offensive. I.e. judgmental.
Anyway I think it is ok to promote certain ideals as long as you have a choice…compelling people to signal a particular virtue could also be perceived as kind of backwards in my opinion.
As a disclaimer I am not religious and would wear a pride shirt by choice if it made people happy. :)
@Andrew.. this may answer your question
I see it as a contradiction that Islam and Christianity come from a common history and one cannot drink but have many wives and the other can drink but have only one wife.

But here is the difference ... they are not saying that if you don't write Jesus on your wrist, and if you don't join in the pray circle .. you can't play. ... there is no sense of entitlement that makes them think that others have some sort of obligation to show support and participate or risk being excluded and called some sort of "ist" ... .
Great Logical answer @Woosdie and there is your perfect perspective that you were looking for @rj90

I see it as a contradiction that Islam and Christianity come from a common history and one cannot drink but have many wives and the other can drink but have only one wife.

How many Wives do have . And how many glasses of Wine do you have feathered friend ?

You might find that you will also have something in common with one of these two contradiction examples

It's offensive to thieves who were executed next to jeebus.
Just rubbing their faces in the fact their dad didn't plan their resurrection one good sleep after their death.
Jeebus was not known to rise from the dead

but there is historic evidence Jesus did feathered friend

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4