Rd 1 in 2011 - Snake's return NOT at Brookie!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There are tenders out at the moment for upgrading the scoreboard / video screen and for structural and roof works/repairs for the stands. So maybe the construction programme will impinge on the start of next season.

We've only got 5 Brookie games against Sydney teams that might draw a decent crowd. It's ****house and wont help our revenues at all. Once again we have been royally shafted by the NRL who want us out.

Not a bad draw, I will head to the melbourne game for sure but I hope it's not on monday like this seasons opener we wait all summer and then have to wait until monday night!

Get a grip FFS you would have thought we played every game in Prt Moresby the way some of you clowns are reaching for the razor blades.

A lot of away games early might mean a lot of home games later.

I'd be more concerned about how 1 - 17 are going to play, than bleating about conspiracy theories,

Get a grip.

It's a sh*t draw..  but a first up win on the road in Melbourne would be a great start to the season.

lol  how hards our last 3 games .. going into the semi`s & spots up for grabs..

Chip & Chase link said:
There are tenders out at the moment for upgrading the scoreboard / video screen and for structural and roof works/repairs for the stands. So maybe the construction programme will impinge on the start of next season.

Bingo. Ground *might* be ok by round one but can't be sure so just in case they're pushing back our home games.

Still wouldve been nice to have had a Sydney game though.

We could have every away game on the moon for all I care. Although yes the draw isn't perfect it will never be really. Wonder if the Warriors home game will be moved to NZ? I hope so myself. Although might be one of the few.

Some BIG MWTS trips - MLB round 1 and Bris last game especially
Shame no ACT trip AGAIN!
3 years in a row we've had QLD away trips back to back (but at least only 2 this time not 3)
TB - No AKL trip may mean that the club will be tempted to do a home game in NZ? (have no idea but it has been muted so will ask Lowie tomorrow night at the presentation night now that we have a draw to discuss)
As there is no supporter bus option in the new season ticket option was interested in what local MWTS trips we'll need to plan and nothing too tough there with Homebush, Shark Park, Parra and Newcastle all in there which (subject to the day it ends up on) we normally get a good turn out for - Dragons will depend where and when

OK draw I reckon (I like the glut of home games towards the end of the season and Brissie is pretty much a home game with the numbers we get and the noise they make)

rd 12 will be game 2 of the suncorp double header that will see manly v bris and gold coast v dogs

HI everyone.

Just discovered the draw was out and really have not had much of a chance to digest.

Don't be at all surprised to see that game V the Warriors moved to NZ, I have no inside knowledge but did have a chat with Lowie in NZ last year and he said to me an option for 2011 was to move the home game over to NZ, so don't be at all surprised if this isnt one of the two games they move.

We will certainly offer MWTS trips to game 1, Titans, Cowboys and Brisbane for the last game AND New Zealand if we go there.

Another possibility in round 12, Eagles V Bronco's and Bulldogs V Titans double header at Suncorp....again NO inside information but could be a goer.

Really hope we can do Melbourne in round 1. It would be nice to kick the season off with a victory rather than the routine consecutive losses we've been doing for the past three seasons. A third consecutive win over the Storm would be oh so sweet.

Love the fact we're playing the Broncos twice.

I kind of get why the NRL have us playing away.  My understanding is that they are looking at setting some attendance record to kick start the season and Melbourne holds more than Brookie, also with us not having any Brookie games early on I'm guessing its not going to be ready for season kick off is an unnecessary whinge.

HOWEVER, doesn't seem quite far that the biggest cheats in the history of the game get he privilege of a home game first up.  Should make the smacking we give them all the more enjoyable! :)

i'm not overly disappointed in the draw. happy with all those games in the last 6 rounds and should be able to get to them :D

was just hoping to be at brett's comeback game. round 6 will go off though and let's hope it's a sunday avro.

and i won't be surprised if the manly/storm rd1 game is a monday night -____-

I'm also filthy that Manly is again not playing in Canberra for the third year in a row.... it's really dodgy as an interstate fan to not get to see your team play without having to fork out travel/accom money.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
HI everyone.

Just discovered the draw was out and really have not had much of a chance to digest.

Don't be at all surprised to see that game V the Warriors moved to NZ, I have no inside knowledge but did have a chat with Lowie in NZ last year and he said to me an option for 2011 was to move the home game over to NZ, so don't be at all surprised if this isnt one of the two games they move.

We will certainly offer MWTS trips to game 1, Titans, Cowboys and Brisbane for the last game AND New Zealand if we go there.

Another possibility in round 12, Eagles V Bronco's and Bulldogs V Titans double header at Suncorp....again NO inside information but could be a goer.
Mark i think its safe to say it will be a goer
Lowe was reported in the media in august talking about taking our home game against the broncos up there in the double header.
Also keep in mind game 1 of the last 2 double headers has been a bulldogs home game against the titans.

Great idea if it comes off with the dogs and manly splitting a gate of 45k + people

I know there will be the usual crew from my office going if it happens.

anyone else notice how the nrl have tried to look after the scum with a heap of home games early in the season....
news limited influence no doubt.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6