Rd 1 in 2011 - Snake's return NOT at Brookie!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cambo link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=185713.msg301498#msg301498 date=1286450708]
HI everyone.

Just discovered the draw was out and really have not had much of a chance to digest.

Don't be at all surprised to see that game V the Warriors moved to NZ, I have no inside knowledge but did have a chat with Lowie in NZ last year and he said to me an option for 2011 was to move the home game over to NZ, so don't be at all surprised if this isnt one of the two games they move.

We will certainly offer MWTS trips to game 1, Titans, Cowboys and Brisbane for the last game AND New Zealand if we go there.

Another possibility in round 12, Eagles V Bronco's and Bulldogs V Titans double header at Suncorp....again NO inside information but could be a goer.
Mark i think its safe to say it will be a goer
Lowe was reported in the media in august talking about taking our home game against the broncos up there in the double header.
Also keep in mind game 1 of the last 2 double headers has been a bulldogs home game against the titans.

Great idea if it comes off with the dogs and manly splitting a gate of 45k + people

I know there will be the usual crew from my office going if it happens.
[/quote]

There was a dot point under the story in the telecrap.It said no home games for Manly until R6.That would mean knights game "home" at Bluetongue,which would mean option 1-take Brisbane home game to double header,or option 2-take Warriors home game to NZ.I'm assuming that there hasn't been any changes to the  "2 home games away" policy.

Hmmmm, two free games at Suncorp vs Broncos for Queenslanders with the out of town membership.  I could live with that.  Glad I'm a paid up member, hey Dan.  ;)

castle eagle link said:
anyone else notice how the nrl have tried to look after the scum with a heap of home games early in the season....
news limited influence no doubt.

What a joke, it would appear they want to build the Scum back up as a premiership force as quickly as possible.

You're kidding if you don't think this draw has been incredibly biased against us. Any team going to Melbourne first up is going to be lambs to the slaughter. Newcastle will be at Bluetongue and if we take Broncos to Suncorp or Warriors to NZ you can kiss away so many premiership points already it will make it very difficult for us. You MUST have a consistant
home game every fortnight or the continuity for the team will be shot. We are becoming nomads and that spells big trouble.

If we are to be serious challengers for the premiership it should not matter if we play at Brookie or NZ etc.  Besides its not like our home record this season was any good. 

I cant believe you honestly think that this is some sort of conspiracy. People amaze me on a daily basis.

I think we may need to put some Beyond Blue ads up on the site

mickqld link said:
You're kidding if you don't think this draw has been incredibly biased against us. Any team going to Melbourne first up is going to be lambs to the slaughter. Newcastle will be at Bluetongue and if we take Broncos to Suncorp or Warriors to NZ you can kiss away so many premiership points already it will make it very difficult for us. You MUST have a consistant
home game every fortnight or the continuity for the team will be shot. We are becoming nomads and that spells big trouble.

When was the last time we lost at Suncorp ? 2005 maybe

We lost in Auckland in 07 because we left 6 players at home to have a rest but outside of that we are going back a long way for as loss as well

And you are certainly kidding yourself if you think a bloke at NRL HQ sits there to see how he can work a draw to disadvantage us. As far as I can see all sides still get allocated 12 home and 12 away matches

Yeah a real fair and impartial draw. Souths travel to NZ rd 11 & Bris rd 25.West Tigers travel to GC, NZ, Nth Qld. Parra travel to Melb NQ GC.While we've got Melb, Nth QLD, Gold Coast and Brisbane. Bulldogs travel to Melb Bris NZ. Yeah looks fair to me......NOT !

Seriously it's like people knock off from a day at work and go and put on their al-foil  hat's on with the amount of conspiracy theories going on around here.

The NRL in the past looked after the teams that finish last the previous season hence the easy draw that the Roosters got this year. They are just doing it to the Storm who got the spoon last year.

mickqld link said:
Yeah a real fair and impartial draw. Souths travel to NZ rd 11 & Bris rd 25.West Tigers travel to GC, NZ, Nth Qld. Parra travel to Melb NQ GC.While we've got Melb, Nth QLD, Gold Coast and Brisbane. Bulldogs travel to Melb Bris NZ. Yeah looks fair to me......NOT !

LOL, I can't believe the amount of analysis you are putting into it to find a spin

Here is another spin, the NRL have favoured us, our players train in a warm environment and the NRL have looked after us in regards to not sending us to play in the cold Canberra and Auckland conditions

Each team is allocated 12 games at a venue of their choice, no team is dudded.

If we are looking for a fair and balanced draw travel wise, maybe the Warriors should be given 18 home games rather than the 12 seeing as they have to cross the Tasman every couple of weeks, maybe give the Cowboys 15 homes games as well due to their travel from Townsville, while some of the Sydney sides in close proximity to each other get their home games cut down from 12 to 9

Come on Mick you can't be serious if you think the NRL have fixed it so some teams go better than others ??? With our strongest team on the park it really doesn't matter where we play stop thinking about it too much!!

How many Monday night games do you think we will get next year??? How many Brookie games with top drawing teams have we been given???? 4 maybe 5 games at Brookie that will draw more than 12000 people and thats if they aren't shoved into Monday night like usual.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4