MVP: Rd 1 v Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not a heap of love for Turbo which I find interesting. Its like people are rating against what we expect of a player or against their salary perhaps???

If you are purely rating on our 3 best players on the field I don't see how he misses out.

Granted he was rusty (compared to peak Turbo) but he had a try, a try assist, 176 metres, 55 of which were post contact, 5 tackle busts, 2 line breaks, 2 line break assists.

We expect extraordinary things for sure but........geez tough crowd in here.

Not a heap of love for Turbo which I find interesting. Its like people are rating against what we expect of a player or against their salary perhaps???

If you are purely rating on our 3 best players on the field I don't see how he misses out.

Granted he was rusty (compared to peak Turbo) but he had a try, a try assist, 176 metres, 55 of which were post contact, 5 tackle busts, 2 line breaks, 2 line break assists.

It was a difficult call due to the fact that we had some many strong performers, not a situation we've encountered for a while, almost everyone out there played out of their skin imo

The game was won by the vicious defence of our middle and edge forwards. But I agree that when I'm giving my votes I tend to benchmark the players and whoever rises higher above the mark gets the points especially if there is no standout. Turbo is a victim of the standards he has set for himself

The game was won by the vicious defence of our middle and edge forwards. But I agree that when I'm giving my votes I tend to benchmark the players and whoever rises higher above the mark gets the points especially if there is no standout. Turbo is a victim of the standards he has set for himself
You must vote for who really stood up on the day , not someone who’s usually excellent and just plays the same each week.

A great example is Jake , who gives 110% every week ( even when we lose ) but I wouldn’t be voting for Jake over say , Bullemor who absolutely exploded last week in his best performance ever.

That’s how I look at it , Dally M judging will be different of course.

Then again there's Garrick who received very little notice yet scored a try, 2 tackle busts 3 line breaks, 194 metres, 5 out of 6 goals. Yet all quiet of the Sea Eagle front. What more can be expected of a wing man.

Then again there's Garrick who received very little notice yet scored a try, 2 tackle busts 3 line breaks, 194 metres, 5 out of 6 goals. Yet all quiet of the Sea Eagle front. What more can be expected of a wing man.
Yet interestingly, Garrick the only Manly player selected for the NRL team of the week

Congratulations. Did you have a little bit of a flutter on it. A few dollars hmmmm?

Oops

Nah, when you asked what more Garrick could have done, I typed 6/6 meaning he could have converted all his kicks instead of 'just' 5 from 6.

All typed tongue in cheek of course.

/transmission

Oops

Nah, when you asked what more Garrick could have done, I typed 6/6 meaning he could have converted all his kicks instead of 'just' 5 from 6.

All typed tongue in cheek of course.

/transmission

A shame you would have made a motza this weekend with these results. By the way who'da guessed 2 out of 2 for the Dolphins and the Dogs thrashing the Storm, though the latter was down on players. How do we therefore read manly's win last week.

You must vote for who really stood up on the day , not someone who’s usually excellent and just plays the same each week.

A great example is Jake , who gives 110% every week ( even when we lose ) but I wouldn’t be voting for Jake over say , Bullemor who absolutely exploded last week in his best performance ever.

Interesting take @Mark from Brisbane.
So more of an encouragement award - you did better than l expected so l'll give you some points despite the other guy who puts in every week putting in again.

But isn't it for the MVP?

Not having a go, but it's interesting how we all work it out.
The new Dally M system of two judges per game will make for interesting reading each week.

Disagree, I vote for three 3 players who most impacted he game in a positive manner for Manly

I can see where you're coming from and perhaps Stuboot is right in suggesting its an encouragement award. Problem as I see it is that players like Turbo, Jake, DCE would never get chosen because they regularly put in performances each week that determine the match. Tricky one that.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2