Rd 15 & 16 schedule (OMFG ARE THEY SERIOUS)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DYEagle said:
Channel 9 are an absolute disgrace and the sooner they lose the tv rights the better!!

How do The Roosters get another Ch9 Sunday afternoon game?
Wests Tigers Vs Roosters - 2 teams that aren't travelling that well??

I can understand the Friday night games picked up by Ch9, but the Sunday game???

Gyngell has exerted his influence again with this being a case in point why Ch9 can't be trusted to do the right thing by rugby league.

Vote with your feet. If we keep tuning in to watch the games, we are going to get the same result time and time again. Best result would be for people to switch off the telly and stop watching channel 9 friday night games

The Eagle said:
I hope whoever made this draw dies in a fire

Better be careful mate. The PC police will tar and feather you for that comment. Because we all know that you really do want someone to die after making that comment. There's no way in the world it could have been a figure of speech to get your point across as to how much you dislike the decision.

the mauler said:
I don't care what night we play the Scum I'm just glad it's at Brookie!!! Wouldn't expect anything else from NRL, we've been treated like s*** for a long time now.

Just makes it a whole lot sweeter when we win the Comp.

This!

Play the game at lunch time on a Wednesday & I'll still go.

Daniel said:
DYEagle said:
Channel 9 are an absolute disgrace and the sooner they lose the tv rights the better!!

I can understand the Friday night games picked up by Ch9, but the Sunday game???

Gyngell has exerted his influence again with this being a case in point why Ch9 can't be trusted to do the right thing by rugby league.

Vote with your feet. If we keep tuning in to watch the games, we are going to get the same result time and time again. Best result would be for people to switch off the telly and stop watching channel 9 friday night games
Yep Foxsports replays all the games

DYEagle said:

correct me if I'm wrong - but don't nine get the first two games then fox gets the next pick. Therefore nine chose its two Friday night games, then fox choses the next game it wants; hence Manly v Storm monday night, then nine picks its Sunday game from the remaining 5 games. Hence Roosters v Tigers Sunday.

A movement is required, if everyone boycotted ch 9 news, ch 9 current affairs and ch 9 morning show it could cause change. All those shows have options on other channels so it doesn't inconvenience the user at all, but could severely hurt ch 9

Most fans feel aggrieved with ch 9 coverage, a poll on one of the sites recently was almost 90% conclusive that everyone hates what ch 9 does to the game. Almost all fans from all clubs could make a difference

Does anyone else feel channel 7 for instance, caters to the lowest common denominator even morso than 9 ? 10 now has a murdoch and a mining magnate who care little for this sport.

The problem now lies with the IC (previously Gallop/News Ltd) who need to negotiate a rights deal that has certain aspects including scheduling embedded as pre conditions to tendering. Only then we will see the game how we want to and with the best financial return to grow the sport.

Oh well. At the end of the day Ch 9 are a business and they will pick the games that will rate the highest. I would be doing the same if I worked at 9. Things will always be this way if the broadcaster has such a large say and I cant see things changing if we are trying to get more $ in the next deal. The networks wont pay more money for less control, better get used to it.

The Who said:
The Manly V Melbourne match is the most anticipated by ALL RL fans. It would rate its socks off.

No it is not. Most RL fans want to see their own team play over us and Melbourne.

Garts said:
The Who said:
The Manly V Melbourne match is the most anticipated by ALL RL fans. It would rate its socks off.

No it is not. Most RL fans want to see their own team play over us and Melbourne.

No. I stand by my statement. In fact, even rugby union and some AFL fans are looking forward to the Manly-Melbourne match, as are watchers in the UK and NZ.

Garts said:
The Who said:

Yes they want to see their own team, but they also want to see the Premiership heavyweights and big matches. Most people would watch more than 1 game per round.

It's weird on 9 we don't rate well but on fox we kill it for them.

The game against the roosters would have been the Sunday game regardless due to the 'milestone' of the 72 GF.

The facts are nine did not pick this game as other games will rate higher. Yes people are very interested in this game but there are obviously more people interested in other games that round that will bring higher ratings for nine.

I dont watch that much footy any more, In fact I never watch friday night unless its manly. I sometimes watch sunday if its a good game but if not i don't watch it. I would watch melb play the dragons but wouldnt waste my time if the titans and the eels were playing

Garts said:
The Who said:

Mate, I'll say it again - this match last year (the infamous one) was the 3rd highest rated match nationally of the year. Beaten only by Melb/Dragons and a Brisbane game I can't think of off the top of my head.

Our game against Souths from earlier in the season was in the top 5 rated games in Sydney all season.

There is a site called talkingfooty that has all the ratings and that's where this info had come from.

It's a myth and a fallacy that we don't rate and that only Brisbane rate up there. Even this season, the Thursday night game from round 1 out rated the Friday night game. And Friday is footy night. And the Dragons/Tigers game actually had more viewers in Brisbane than the Brisbane game itself.

It's all propaganda and it's bull. Plus, this decision ruins what would have been a guaranteed full house any other night of the week.

... plus the fact that everybody who missed last year's match on TV would have been watching it this year. It would have been a BLOCKBUSTER.
I sent an email to Steve Crawley about the disgraceful scheduling, and seven hours later I'm still waiting. I'll be sure to share his reply if he has the decency to respond to me.

This decision is an absolute joke and an insult to all the hard work that both the Storm and Eagles have put in the last few years. Both teams have been the benchmark and are arch rivals and to not have this game on free to air is a ****ing disgrace.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6