MVP: Rd1 v Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happily one of those games where we could have a top 16
But you have to pick three so,
3 Jurbo
2 Turbo
1 Burbo

I
Easy, if one was watching the match

DCE controlled the game perfectly. Especially in the 2nd half.

3: DCE - controlled the game perfectly from start to finish.

2: Brown - when he came on, Manly’s drive lifted.

1: turbo - just happy he lasted the match uninjured and just his presence created doubt in the defenders minds.
If controlling the game perfectly is kicking on first tackle and giving away possession after a full field break then DCE certainly had the perfect game.

Giving him points for this game is disingenuous to blokes like the Trbojevic’s, Haumole, Brooks and Brown who had genuinely great games and were far more key to our win today. But I understand people watch rugby league and think the captain and halfback is always the best player so can’t argue here

I

If controlling the game perfectly is kicking on first tackle and giving away possession after a full field break then DCE certainly had the perfect game.

Giving him points for this game is disingenuous to blokes like the Trbojevic’s, Haumole, Brooks and Brown who had genuinely great games and were far more key to our win today. But I understand people watch rugby league and think the captain and halfback is always the best player so can’t argue here
DCE was in my top 3 until his failure to get the ball wide left after the Saab ankle tap and the 3rd tackle nothing kick, in our own half, when we were up by 10 with 8 mins to go.

3. Saab. His early set runs were outstanding.
2. Brooks. Great debut for the club.
1. Ola.

3. Ola ( that was a beast like performance)
2. Brooks ( so pleased for him, his running game and D were excellent)
1. Brown ( Changed pour dynamic when he came on gave us the go forward and aggression)

honorable mentions - Saab ( minus the error from kick off run), Jake ( tackle machine), Burbo ( showed some real aggression)

3 dce good game control
2 turbo made stuff happen
1 Brown for the momentum change in the first half

I won't mark you down for picking others though. Lots of good performances.
Same but I’d have turbo for 3. DCE had a brain explosion in there but played well.

This game is a tough one. Lots of players did very well, so I suppose here's it from my angle:

3: Turbo - Run metres says it all
2. Garrick - Played incredibly as a centre. He's too good to be on a wing.
1. Saab - His 1st/2nd tackle hitups came out of nowhere, didn't think he was capable of those powerful runs. Shame he is injured.

Honorable mentions: DCE, Brooks, Haumole, Brown, Ben and Jake. Everyone one of these people were on that one-point level at least, but Saab and Garrick really caught me by surprise.

Brooks , great debut for the club it most likely would have been a lot pressure on himself to do well and did well

Brown ,same wasn’t really happy with him signing but showed he might be great value

Guac looked dangerous all game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8