Rd19 Knights v Sea Eagles teams & chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garts said:
Definitely 2 poor video ref calls. I am sure there are monkeys in the video ref box just hitting whatever button they wish.

Im watching on Nine delayed and had to peek to see what the final score was and im happy with the score but its disappointing that more bad Video ref decisions are going against us. Its going to cost us an important game soon.....

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/MatchCentre/tabid/10999/Default.aspx#matchid=1314&tab=Report

Ok i just saw the Knights first try and i feel like driving to Drugcastle and punching that video ref in the face....

**** the referees. For the second consecutive week you've spoiled victory for me with spastic officiating. On free to air national TV too. Give yourselves an uppercut.

would love to see the stats on tries scored by teams against manly and sent to the vidiot ref.

If you were the opposition you'd be pretty confident the try is going to be awarded.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
The Adjudicator says: "You could tell Adam McDougall knew this game was coming up when he went through the paces against the Cowboys. It was back in 1997 when Mad Dog sunk his boot into Geoff Toovey's face to create the second-most iconic image on the grand final afternoon. After Bald Dog came up with a stellar knee to the chest of Willie Tonga on Monday night, it was clear he was rehearsing some new moves to mark the coming rivalry clash. The Knights got the chocolates back in that famous grand final - but only after the Sea Eagles pumped them three times during the season. The latter would appear the more likely case of history repeating."

The Adjudicator's verdict: "At this stage I'll need some convincing that the Eagles will get beaten. But I am also open to odds-on the Sea Eagles mascot and Mad Dog going toe to toe."

i lUv u's all!!!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
The Adjudicator says: "You could tell Adam McDougall knew this game was coming up when he went through the paces against the Cowboys. It was back in 1997 when Mad Dog sunk his boot into Geoff Toovey's face to create the second-most iconic image on the grand final afternoon. After Bald Dog came up with a stellar knee to the chest of Willie Tonga on Monday night, it was clear he was rehearsing some new moves to mark the coming rivalry clash. The Knights got the chocolates back in that famous grand final - but only after the Sea Eagles pumped them three times during the season. The latter would appear the more likely case of history repeating."

The Adjudicator's verdict: "At this stage I'll need some convincing that the Eagles will get beaten. But I am also open to odds-on the Sea Eagles mascot and Mad Dog going toe to toe."
i luv yas all!!!

susan said:
im going to run off and change my tip now....I can't believe I missed the lead runner point........

Your point being

Newcastles performance was up there with the worst i've seen this year from any squad---yes we had plenty in the tank and in 2nd gear but our go forward was again lacking. There are games and times in the year where you just do enough or the intensity slips its impossible to be up for every game.

This win was more about Newcastles poor form than Manly playing within themselves and still winning but its still impressive to see a win while playing in this manner.

I stated many times our attack is not up to par well before the Dragons game even though our stats suggested otherwise and was basically called a fool----conversely i loved our go forward against the Bulldogs and parts of the Cowboys game so i will compliment where i see its warranted.

Our attack is not evolving enough to threat the Dragons at the moment but i do see some small positive signs with G.Stewart not playing as deep and a few re-works of the inside ball around the ruck but a lot more needs to be done.

No way, thats some of the best footy ive seen this year, we smashed them 32-0 at will. That was top level footy that could have been stepped up several notch's if they wanted. Parra at brookvale was **** football if you want an example, this was massively above that.

Technical Coach said:
susan said:
im going to run off and change my tip now....I can't believe I missed the lead runner point........

Your point being

Newcastles performance was up there with the worst i've seen this year from any squad---yes we had plenty in the tank and in 2nd gear but our go forward was again lacking. There are games and times in the year where you just do enough or the intensity slips its impossible to be up for every game.

This win was more about Newcastles poor form than Manly playing within themselves and still winning but its still impressive to see a win while playing in this manner.

I stated many times our attack is not up to par well before the Dragons game even though our stats suggested otherwise and was basically called a fool----conversely i loved our go forward against the Bulldogs and parts of the Cowboys game so i will compliment where i see its warranted.

Our attack is not evolving enough to threat the Dragons at the moment but i do see some small positive signs with G.Stewart not playing as deep and a few re-works of the inside ball around the ruck but a lot more needs to be done.

No one has been more concerned about our form lately than I have, but in that game our defence was back and I thought we went as well as you would want to for this time of the year. I know the druggo's were down on troops, but we were without Kingy, T-Rex, Hoppa and Choc for most of the game. I thought the go forward was reasonable and I was very happy with the progress of Shane Rodney. Vic Mauro was solid and Kitey, George & Joe were all good.

This is precisely what I was hoping for.

TC

my "point" is that you are an obsessive compulsive technocrat who confuses everyone including yourself with rambling analysis.we have won 10 from 11 games now and were in a different league to the team we played today.

give your medication a miss for a few weeks and sit back and enjoy it.i know I am.

This game was massively above the Parra game only due to Newcastles woeful performance---Parra muscled up more than Newcastle and our intensity drops off fast when opposing forwards match our physical side. I do think meeting Parra at night was more of an advantage for Parra as we play our best in dry fast afternoon conditions.

susan said:
TC

my "point" is that you are an obsessive compulsive technocrat who confuses everyone including yourself with rambling analysis.we have won 10 from 11 games now and were in a different league to the team we played today.

give your medication a miss for a few weeks and sit back and enjoy it.i know I am.

Hmm confuse myself where have i contradicted my view points.

We need Shane Rodney fit semi final time to plug up holes through the middle---i also like how he punches through the defensive line with his runs.

eagles2win said:
Anyone else thought we clocked off in the second half?
Thought we should have put more on them.

I disagree, the druggo's came out in the 2nd half and lifted massively to avoid a blowout. It wasn't until it was clear that there was no comeback on that we went on and put them away. Add to that the fact that the referees are always keen to avoid a blowout score and I was Ok with a 10 all 2nd half scoreline.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6