Ready, aim! ..............

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What was that poll we ran on drugs? 100% of us had at some time used or been in possession of illicit substanses and there was something like 30+ votes.

Why would NRL footballers and/or any other group be any different?

Mata, on what evidence could you possible make this outrageous claim about King having a stellar year? Why should this year be any different? I'm not nearly as confident as you. This seems very unlike you, as I always thought you as a realist, not an idealist.

Based on memories of 2003 and the opinion that if he has been retained ahead of my favourite Heckenberg then the selectors and coaching staff must see something that we haven't seen in the past two years.

I am not in any way excusing his paltry efforts in 2004/5. (As my player profile of him will attest)

hey fonz ,where not in the 60-s anymore ,i think your still stuck there drinking cherry pops with ralph mouth & potsy.its 2006 ,wake up to yourself.im not going to name names ,u really have no idea...

I wonder how people "SEE" this drug use in night clubs?

I spend a fair bit of time in clubs and have never seen anyone actually taking or swapping drugs!

Most people pop pills with very little notice and other up the nose drugs are usually done in the toilet!

so i find most stories of "I saw a high profile player taking drugs" are usually BS attention seeking. Or people mistaking the effects of testosterone and/or alcohol for the effects of drugs

I wonder how people \"SEE\" this drug use in night clubs?

I spend a fair bit of time in clubs and have never seen anyone actually taking or swapping drugs!

Most people pop pills with very little notice and other up the nose drugs are usually done in the toilet!

so i find most stories of \"I saw a high profile player taking drugs\" are usually BS attention seeking. Or people mistaking the effects of testosterone and/or alcohol for the effects of drugs

I notice it happening in clubs all the time.

Sure you do Garts.....

Which is why there are always so many arrests and police have to go in there with Sniffer dogs etc.

I feel I am a fairly observant person but never ever notice it, unless you are in a fairly shady club or somewhere at the cross or a rave

I'm not going to argue the point anymore- fact: if you have taken them yourself or been around people people who are on them you can tell- it's pretty bloody obvious. Or in turn people just exchange in clubs/pubs, you might walk into a toilet and see them doing it, you might see them get something off a bar manager, you might have gone to school with an idiot who deals and he tells you there are plenty of ways of finding out and in the past decade people have become alot more open about it hence it becoming more of an accepted thing to do amongst alot of people.
I can understand ur stance Dan but in this case you are wrong - there is no mistaking testosterone for the effects of a drug.

Sure you do Garts.....

Which is why there are always so many arrests and police have to go in there with Sniffer dogs etc.

I feel I am a fairly observant person but never ever notice it, unless you are in a fairly shady club or somewhere at the cross or a rave

Dan it is everywhere- not just the shady clubs- I consider myself an observant person too but before I tried them for myself I had no idea what to look for and wouldn't think twice about seeing things cause you wouldn't know what's going on.
Now it is very obvious...
I'm not trying to big note myself (for starters PJ is not my name :D ) these are the facts you can either take them on board or not care about them it doesn't bother me but this is not a case of ohhh I saw such in such and they were off their head- there is a hell of alot more to it than that.
That's me over and out (on this topic- too much of a tightrope walk)

I'm not going to argue the point anymore- fact: if you have taken them yourself or been around people people who are on them you can tell- it's pretty bloody obvious. Or in turn people just exchange in clubs/pubs, you might walk into a toilet and see them doing it, you might see them get something off a bar manager, you might have gone to school with an idiot who deals and he tells you there are plenty of ways of finding out and in the past decade people have become alot more open about it hence it becoming more of an accepted thing to do amongst alot of people.
I can understand ur stance Dan but in this case you are wrong - there is no mistaking testosterone for the effects of a drug.

I am not going to tout my usage of drugs as I no longer take any! But I know what the effects and ahve experienced them and go out regularly with people who take several different things. The fact is 95% of the stories are BS

My daughter, who works part time in a well known Sydney night club tells me that she has personally seen many high profile NRL players using illicit drugs.

She is not a Rugby League fan and the only players she can recognise are what you would call \"high profile\", hence her recognition of those players. You may then draw a conclusion that NRL players, that doin't have such a high profile could also be involved in their use. I agree with most here that these drugs are unfortunatley socially acceptable to many of the under 25 years old people today.

To suggest that NRL players are not involved in their use would be simply naive.

Corso Pete. I am not naive and do not assume that i am stupid. My arguement was with PJ and him saying that MOST of the players in the NRL are on or have been on drugs. This is a completely outrageous comment and can in no way be proven. If PJ got his statistics from somewhere than i would be glad to be proven wrong. However, since i am fairly confident that he is talking out of his arse, i stick with my stance.

I do not disagree that alot of players in the NRL are on or have taken drugs but saying most have is rubbish.

hey fonz ,where not in the 60-s anymore ,i think your still stuck there drinking cherry pops with ralph mouth & potsy.its 2006 ,wake up to yourself.im not going to name names ,u really have no idea...

You can't even spell properly. Piss off.

PJ, I didn't try and spin it up. But if you're a reasonable individual you would have to agree that saying most NRL players are on or have tried drugs is fairly ****en speculative and an uninformed opinion.

Yeah Fonz it would be but I wouldn't and didn't say that what I said was that most would've dabbled in (tried) it. I don't think it is speculative at all when you know some of them, have been out with them have seen plenty of evidence about them and you put things in perspective along with the rest of society around that same age bracket.
No way am I saying that they do it all the time (although some do) I was just saying some have tried them as would most people have. There is no use arguing this anymore because I'm not going to name names or go into it any further. And as far as 95% of the rumours being bull****- we haven't even heard the half of it when it comes to some individuals and if we did there would be hell to pay...I'll be keeping all of this to myself as I personally don't think it is anyone else business.
Believe what you like one way or the other it's not going to effect you guys and you have managed to go through blissfully unaware till now!

byso isnt being cheeky, just feels he needs to add nothing to as many posts as possible

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4