Realistically I was fully wrong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It is simple , constant declarations by anyone that Barrett and Bozo are sure failures and the amazement that not everyone can see this is as dumb as anyone saying that they are 100% sure to win the title next year. Constantly quoting all sorts of things about Barretts style , winning % and all sorts of other crap doesn't enable anyone to prove anything about the future . Nothing ! Your opinions are valid but your logic like many critics is non existent

This is still a Manly Sea Eagles forum, designed for people to express their opinions and feelings no matter what they are. That is whether they are right or wrong.

We ARE supposed to be a community, all wanting the same thing.

There is a bully undercurrent here, where certain posters win, lose or draw come on, simply to rip into other certain posters.

We are supposed to be growing the community, and as a moderator said the other day, if they were on the border of wanting to post, came on and saw all the name calling and vitriol, they'd just leave it be.

We have to appear some what open minded to everyone's tangents.

We still lack consistency, but so does most clubs it's the nature of the competition.

We need to keep winning 3 out of every 5 games.

I've noticed the aggro going on Ryan and it gets out of control for sure. I have strong opinions sometimes which go against the flow and I try to express them less often now. Where I see a lot of issues is that a lot of strong opinions are presented as facts which more often than not are proven to be wrong over time. These strong opinions are forced down the throats of others on the forum as if we are deluded simpletons . this doesn't excuse threats and insults at all.
Here is my main point Ryan . Why would those with strong opinions expect to be respected and taken seriously if they are proven to be wrong most of the time. They are demanding respect they have no right to demand. Trotting out the line that an opinion is valid is missing the point.
If they're not being studied now , posts like this on the internet will be widely studied in the future I believe because they present the most accurate data on what people really think. Logic is lacking horribly in some of these posts and those without logic seem to be unaware that they operate on emotions mainly.
Anyone who concludes that Bozo is a dud because of his involvement in SOO and cites this as proof of his hopelessness has zero logic and is not worth debating with I'm afraid.

Well said Forty!!

I shake my head at times at how agro some get.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I may not agree with that ( such as my old mate @strone33 who I continue to quote but never ever say anything nasty about him, despite disagreeing) but it's an opinion, and that opinion should at least be able to be aired without anyone getting personal.

But I'm old school, and I suppose if anything time makes you like that.

The kennels translation of this thread reads:
" Realistically I was fully sick ".

If people dont like the aggro from certain posters, and feel like it is ruining the Silvertails experience, then the ignore button is your friend.

Well said Forty!!

I shake my head at times at how agro some get.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I may not agree with that ( such as my old mate @strone33 who I continue to quote but never ever say anything nasty about him, despite disagreeing) but it's an opinion, and that opinion should at least be able to be aired without anyone getting personal.

But I'm old school, and I suppose if anything time makes you like that.

Very well said

I personally don't think anyone should have a need to apologize. I gather we all want manly to succeed but express our feelings differently.
I constantly get disappointed also because I know what we are capable of.
We were great against cows, dogs and roosters when our halves were in control.
Last night dce did not take the line on once. He was ineffective in attack.
The disappointment is how much better we would have been if he did.
It's the little things that make our team compete so when they all add up it shows we are worthy of mixing it with the top teams.
We need to be better next week cos we know how souffs will definitely win the penalty count next week.

Good win and luck was our friend. We have a long way to go so too early to get excited. Inconsistency is a concern. We need mental strength and need to be able to grind it out week after week. Let's be honest our attack in the red zone does not look clinical and our last tackle options and kicking is not up to standard yet. I'm enjoying the success of this week.

This is still a Manly Sea Eagles forum, designed for people to express their opinions and feelings no matter what they are. That is whether they are right or wrong.

We ARE supposed to be a community, all wanting the same thing.

There is a bully undercurrent here, where certain posters win, lose or draw come on, simply to rip into other certain posters.

We are supposed to be growing the community, and as a moderator said the other day, if they were on the border of wanting to post, came on and saw all the name calling and vitriol, they'd just leave it be.

We have to appear some what open minded to everyone's tangents.
As per normal well said Ryan. Long may you continue to post here - I love your opinions and insights and while I disagree with some of them I respect you firstly; as a human, secondly as a Manly tragic fan and thirdly I respect your right to free speech. I don't find the need to put you down or sling abuse your way even if I do strongly disagree with your view. I think there are some posters here and I reckon they know who they are, that flat out attack and sometimes because I can be outspoken, they attack me. That has to stop. Abuse is actually against the law of the land and some here could do well to pull their heads in from the personal attacks and stick to debating opinions. As Ryan says we all have (or should have) a common aim of supporting this fantastic club and it's traditions and that can and must involve heated debate, not personal attacks.

The last game against the Rabbits was the one that had me seriously doubting Barrett as a coach. But I think he learned from that loss that he was over-using the backs and under-using the second rowers. We seem to have a better balance now.

The loss to the dragons was disappointing but all I can surmise from that is that we were flat after a big effort the week before. I hope that's all it was.

...just one game. ....
so far this year
  • beat the roosters (at the time first placed, now fifth)
  • beat the dogs 36-0 (currently in the 8 pending weekend games)
  • beat the cowboys (last year's champs though admittedly looking poorer this year with a few key players out)
  • beat the raiders(current 6th place)

pretty good showing on the wins i reckon - none of those sides are too shabby
plus, for the losses:
  • almost beat melbourne after 30 min of despicable football followed by classic fightback showing great ticker, including 2 disallowed tries
  • were in the parra game up to our eyeballs
the last rabbits game and the st george game were pretty shabby, so there's some consistency issues for sure, but dammit if we haven't shown up and even dominated this year against strong opposition more often than not.

so your suggestion that's it's 'just one game' to me, is unfair. we've seen bits of that manly all year, and i reckon we'll get to see a fair bit more of it before the season's over

so far this year
  • beat the roosters (at the time first placed, now fifth)
  • beat the dogs 36-0 (currently in the 8 pending weekend games)
  • beat the cowboys (last year's champs though admittedly looking poorer this year with a few key players out)
  • beat the raiders(current 6th place)
pretty good showing on the wins i reckon - none of those sides are too shabby
plus, for the losses:
  • almost beat melbourne after 30 min of despicable football followed by classic fightback showing great ticker, including 2 disallowed tries
  • were in the parra game up to our eyeballs
the last rabbits game and the st george game were pretty shabby, so there's some consistency issues for sure, but dammit if we haven't shown up and even dominated this year against strong opposition more often than not.

so your suggestion that's it's 'just one game' to me, is unfair. we've seen bits of that manly all year, and i reckon we'll get to see a fair bit more of it before the season's over
When you take what I said out of context you can spin anything. Obviously I meant the one game being the Raiders.....but don't let that get in your way.

Wrong. On all levels. I apologise to all for my earlier rant re Barrett. His tactics were good tonight. Even Woodsie gets an apology, sorry.

I'll go back into my shell for a while.
Feathered friend , the main thing is that we won and that we are all happy Silvertails . That is all that matters
Enjoy the win !!!
1425533217726.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6