Recruitment and Retention news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Story about Jamal Idris in the daily tele today.....he says he's degided to come back and play in the NRL next season....like its a done deal.....is this the origin forward that there was speculation about for next year ??
Can't see too many top flight clubs taking a risk on him ......thoughts ?

Story about Jamal Idris in the daily tele today.....he says he's degided to come back and play in the NRL next season....like its a done deal.....is this the origin forward that there was speculation about for next year ??
Can't see too many top flight clubs taking a risk on him ......thoughts ?
I worry Fulton will chase him.Very overrated and fair chance he'll want to up and leave sometime.He has never seen out a contract

We seem to be building a young bad boy pack.

Knight
Fonua Blake
Meehan
Hopoate

Wonder if Fultons doing it purposely? I know some are juniors but there's nothing stopping him getting rid of them.
Shouldn't be a problem with stealing the ball then;)

And supposedly we are chasing manu Ma'u who has also been in jail.

Sign packer and wicks and we have the parramatta jail forward pack.

Pity we have no backs. Maybe we can sign bevan Meninga as a centre
Hmm we will now be known as the Jail Birds.

Ok so we have some 'bad boys' as they are described. Our only problem though with them is if they get into further strife. On the football field though, each of those mentioned are top young prospects. The issue is keeping their eyes on the ball. If that happens we'll be quite happy with having them in the team in a few years.

I'll be very upset if Manly sign Idris. He's a child. He's also not very good.
Here's a recent preschool snap
c52b79bab1006a66d1773c421b0dae97.jpg

It is getting worrisome though, you constantly hear of players being signed or re-signed and it's never Manly. Even if it's just depth signings which we need badly give us something Bozo!

It is getting worrisome though, you constantly hear of players being signed or re-signed and it's never Manly. Even if it's just depth signings which we need badly give us something Bozo!

I said this as much a while ago, we may ( or could ) find it hard to sign quality players due to our current position ( not just on the ladder ) , such as the Knights are experiencing and before them the Raiders.

Stability , both on and off the field will change that, but it's a bit like what comes first " the chicken or the egg".

It's why I'm surprised at letting some of the players go that we have.

Only time will tell.

It really is a shame that we weren't smarter about this in the past...if Stewart, Lyon and possibly Skivvi had all come of contract a year earlier, perhaps we could have invested the money that we did (taupau, Walker, Myles, Lussick etc) and still managed to keep Gutherson and Hiku. Then we would be absolutely well sorted in both backs and forwards. 'Tis a shame...but it must be bloody hard juggling a playing roster, especially one whereby a whole chunk of all-time team legends are getting old at the same time.

The fact that Manly has let so many players go, and has encouraged Lyon and Stewart to call it a day (maybe even Matai, though I think there's a year left in that old body yet) suggests they are clearing the ranks to firstly have enough to keep the Trbojevics, Knight etc, but also make a grab for one or two big names not yet probably spoken of. I suspect they are talking to a number of 'kids' to boost our stocks and one or two big names behind the scenes. We saw how quickly Fulton snared Walker, Taupau, Parcell, Miles etc. I suspect a bunch of kids next year and a name or two and a bigger push for the '18 season. Just a guess, but why else clear so many from the ranks and so many not yet re-signed.

There's a good "Jailbirds XIII" thread on one of the other (of course, lesser/inferior) forums, that's a good read: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/jail-xiii.213398/

One of the blokes mentioned in that is former Souths hooker, Ricky Montgomery. I had to sit through a fair bit of first trial before Judge Hock before the jury was discharged (he later got 11 years on the same importation charge). Tugga Coleman sat up the back of the Court nearly everyday supporting him.

The case ran for five months, and was mostly built on telephone intercepts. The jury had to listen to each conversation in full. They only seemed to wake up in about the third month, when Ricky and one of his mates were recorded having a short discussion about the shipment, followed by a long, detailed discussion about whether or not to fully "shave down", and the benefits/detriments of said manscaping, lest he might get lucky at that night's kindergarten parents drinks, organised by the local mums (of whom he spoke in quite descriptive, and flattering I suppose, terms).

I reckon the jury only kept interested for the rest of the trial to see if they could find out what happened after that fateful Clovelly Public's kindy function. Ricky would still be inside now, so he's probably got slightly different concerns these days ...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4