Recruitment, good , bad and downright ugly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
This is a genuine question ... because I am not a bulldogs watcher ...

But in Dessie's 5 years there did he attract any "good" established players to Belmore ... ?

Cheers! It would be nice if they could produce an outcome or 2. We wait and see.

Don't quote me, but hasn't most of the club gone on two weeks holidays? Maybe we'll get something after that. If there's a strategic time to release a solid signing to inspire hope, it's now honestly.

I can understand and agree with the policy of not discussing recruitment ... but a simple statement from the club saying that they are active in the market and looking for, say, 3/4 to replace those leaving would be at least heartening ..

I am sure they are ... but the silence is deflating for fans wanting some hope ..

Even that they will have an announcement #nextweek would add a humorous element ...

Don't quote me, but hasn't most of the club gone on two weeks holidays? Maybe we'll get something after that. If there's a strategic time to release a solid signing to inspire hope, it's now honestly.
Perhaps we have signed players that are still participating in the Finals and will name them after GF ? One can dream ! I'm probably right though as the NSW Cup is still going !

Well, I think the full team is a combo of Dave Warwick, Scott Fulton, Noeal Cleal, Des Hasler & Tony Mestrov would oversee the function mate.
2022 Football Staff below:

2022 NRL Sea Eagles Football Staff​

Head Coach: Des Hasler

NRL Assistant Coach: Chad Randall

NRL Assistant Coach: Michael Monaghan

NRL Assistant and Pathways Coach: Steven Hales

General Manager of Football: John Bonasera

Head Trainer and Football Operations: Alex Ross

Football Analyst: Michael Kulen

High-Performance Manager: Don Singe

High-Performance Co-ordinator: Sam Pervan

Strength and Conditioning Coach: Andrew Berridge

Head Physiotherapist: Chris Bailey

Rehabilitation Physiotherapist: Andrew Lowndes

Athletic Development and Rehabilitation Coach: Rubin Ruzicka

Sports Scientist: Hugh Wilson

Chief Medical Officer: Dr Paul Bloomfield

Wellbeing Manager: Tim Gee

Soft Tissue Therapist: Angela Rickard

Education and Careers: Glenn Moore

Sports Dietitian: Melissa Juergens

Recruitment: Noel Cleal

Recruitment: Scott Fulton

Copied from Great experience on Sea Eagles NRL Football Staff

My dream recruitment for next year.....maybe possible salary cap wise but a fantasy contract wise.

Peter Mazoulos- Young South Sydney hooker, contracted till the end of 2024 but if Cook resigns then his path will be blocked. If he can agitate for a release he is a great competition for Croker for 2023 and then all things going right a ling term starting hooker.

Kayal Iro or Deine Mariner - both young and extremely talented centres blocked by Ramian/Talaki and Staggs/Fainworth respectively. Again both signed till 2024 so would need to try and get releases.

Jackson Topine - Off contract, 21 year old backrower from the Bulldogs. Talented and cant for the life of me figure out why he hasnt had more minutes, always looked good when Ive seen him.cheap open with good upside.

Morgan Knowles - This is the fantasy stuff, contracted long term, spurned NRL clubs previously. Would not only need to convince him to make the move to the NRL but would have to pay a transfer fee. Some player though, just the sort of tough uncompromising player we need. Bring him in at lock and move Jake to prop.

Anyway.......no chance of the above but that would be my dream scenario.

At least pick up Topine for nothing though

My dream recruitment for next year.....maybe possible salary cap wise but a fantasy contract wise.

Peter Mazoulos- Young South Sydney hooker, contracted till the end of 2024 but if Cook resigns then his path will be blocked. If he can agitate for a release he is a great competition for Croker for 2023 and then all things going right a ling term starting hooker.

Kayal Iro or Deine Mariner - both young and extremely talented centres blocked by Ramian/Talaki and Staggs/Fainworth respectively. Again both signed till 2024 so would need to try and get releases.

Jackson Topine - Off contract, 21 year old backrower from the Bulldogs. Talented and cant for the life of me figure out why he hasnt had more minutes, always looked good when Ive seen him.cheap open with good upside.

Morgan Knowles - This is the fantasy stuff, contracted long term, spurned NRL clubs previously. Would not only need to convince him to make the move to the NRL but would have to pay a transfer fee. Some player though, just the sort of tough uncompromising player we need. Bring him in at lock and move Jake to prop.

Recruitment is an interesting area that's for sure. We've got a team of recruiters who are paid and presumably doing ...something! And no doubt they all have multiple contacts, all over the league world. Plus we have a coach who in the past has proven he can identify areas that need strengthening.

But all negotiations necessarily have to be conducted covertly. Which leaves we fans wondering if we are getting anyone at all. Frustrating! Especially at times like this when the club's management has again exposed itself as chaotic/incompetent. Hardly instils confidence that any decent player would consider coming here.

The idea of a player draft then takes on great appeal from a fans point of view. A build up of excitement and curiosity, with an actual resolution. No idea how it could work in practice of course.

Meanwhile I console myself with the knowledge we've purchased quite astutely in the last 2-3 years. And that the very early decisions to not renew Taupau, Walker and Foran indicate a definite plan. At that Manly historically has a record of sourcing talent from far and wide, including interstate and overseas.

But who knows? Bugger all in the rumour dept. I'm really hoping and praying (well just hoping really) we have one or 2 announcements that can't be made until after the finals are done and dusted!!!

Season 1 Please GIF

Iro or Mariner would be ideal. Kayal is killing it in cup this year. Sean Russell is also worth a mention. I think we should try an intervene between the dogs and Pele. Not official yet. Topine has extended with the dogs apparently.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10