Redeeming tickets: HELP!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi all I have passed on the feedback in this thread to Membership GM at the club
Thank you as always for providing some feedback and keeping us informed on any issues Members are experiencing.

Unfortunately, this season due to the fact that the Bob Fulton stand has converted to reserved seating we have had to introduce a new process for our 3 and 5 game flexi members which means pre-selecting a game they are intending to come to and choosing a seat. We understand that this is different to what they are used to and have provided user guides and a video with instructions.

My suggestion would be if they are having difficulties to call the office and speak to one of the Membership staff or send an email [email protected] and the team will get back to them.

I gave up before I started. For now at least.

It seems like a process designed to push you towards a more expensive package, where your membership cards, merchandise etc, are delivered to your door.

It will be interesting to see if they have a decline in attendances, compared to the last two seasons, now that the BFS is reserved seating only.

Thank you as always for providing some feedback and keeping us informed on any issues Members are experiencing.

Unfortunately, this season due to the fact that the Bob Fulton stand has converted to reserved seating we have had to introduce a new process for our 3 and 5 game flexi members which means pre-selecting a game they are intending to come to and choosing a seat. We understand that this is different to what they are used to and have provided user guides and a video with instructions.

My suggestion would be if they are having difficulties to call the office and speak to one of the Membership staff or send an email [email protected] and the team will get back to them.
Why don't they treat the Fulton stand differently to the GA (Hill)? You don't get a seat on the Hill so why do you need a ticket? If it's crowded you stand. It's worked well that way ever since I started going to Brookie in around 1960.

I'm a wordsmith, not a computer geek. So, after another fruitless attempt (somehow I just can't navigate through the Ticketmaster section) I have solved the issue.
I have resigned my membership (after 30+ years as a member) and the club will refund my money. I will now buy a ticket at the gate. I know this means risking missing out on sold-out matches but it is a good old method.
The membership team did ask me for the reason for my resignation which I passed on, and they were respectful of my decision. Whether it has any impact on decision-making for future membership arrangements I guess we'll find out next season.

I've been a member for 20 years too Who. Usually get a 3 or 5 game pass because I can't get to every game.

And for the first time, I'm actually considering doing exactly as you've done as I fail to see what benefit there is since they removed every last piece of merchandise including the card that at least distinguished me as a member as well as the sticker to put on my car. Hats and crap I can do without.

It's just easier for me to rock up and buy a ticket. The fact the membership team and the club couldn't give a flying continental is about as insulting as it gets.

I don't want to go online and book a ticket weeks or months in advance. And it sounds like the system is a nightmare to navigate.

A very sad day.

Last edited:
Probably a system invented by a spotty 20 year old who doesn't give a jot about footy or indeed people, who only communicates via electronic means and fails to understand why anyone "can't get it" and just assumes that everyone will work it out in a nanosecond. Welcome to the future where people don't matter.

Probably a system invented by a spotty 20 year old who doesn't give a jot about footy or indeed people, who only communicates via electronic means and fails to understand why anyone "can't get it" and just assumes that everyone will work it out in a nanosecond. Welcome to the future where people don't matter.
Maybe they are counting Avatars in membership numbers this year

Thanks @The Wheel for passing this on.

I can’t be arsed ringing support lines when for the past 10 years it just worked.

Can’t believe the excuse for the inclusion and confusion over Fulton Stand being excluded from GA. Us GA ticket holders get that there are no seats included. I reckon @Terry Zarsoff is on to it.

A real kick in the balls from the club to all paying members. Make it harder. - where is that in Marketing 101?

Maybe they are counting Avatars in membership numbers this year
Here are two of our newest season ticket holders:
IMG_9366.jpeg

Email response from the club in regards to the 3 - 5 game memberships redeeming tickets online…

Hi Mals,

Yes, you can redeem one at a time. When you get to step 5 of the PDF instructions (attached), just select one of the options if you only want the one.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Attachments

• GA Online Ticket Redemption Instructions.pdf
    940.6 KB · Views: 13
I've been a member for 20 years too Who. Usually get a 3 or 5 game pass because I can't get to every game.

And for the first time, I'm actually considering doing exactly as you've done as I fail to see what benefit there is since they removed every last piece of merchandise including the card that at least distinguished me as a member as well as the sticker to put on my car. Hats and crap I can do without.

It's just easier for me to rock up and buy a ticket. The fact the membership team and the club couldn't give a flying continental is about as insulting as it gets.

I don't want to go online and book a ticket weeks or months in advance. And it sounds like the system is a nightmare to navigate.

A very sad day.
I feel the same way.
In my excited haste last year to buy 3 game memberships ( as l have done for years as Christmas presents ) l stupidly assumed that l'd get some of the usual membership paraphernalia of season's past - core packs l think they were called - but no. I bought five 3 game packs and one add-on for me.
My confirmation email even stated that my membership pack would be mailed to the address in my account.
Come mid Jan an email comes to say my flexi pack is ready to collect....WTF!
Anyway l drive out to pick up what l think are five packs buts it's only one, mention to the girl that my receipt says it would be mailed, she said that was just for country or out of town members and would look into it.
Gave me a couple of posters of Turbo and Reuben.
I made a special trip to pick up said pack, around 1.5 hours round trip plus fuel for something that should have been posted!
It was in a nice box though.
So, l bought memberships for my kids and granddaughter but they have nothing to show for it, not even a membership card.

I think l might ring up membership too and ask for a few refunds especially as my granddaughter is not quite 5yo and would get in for free.🤦‍♂️
I've never minded if l and the kids can't get to three games but at least get a sticker, card and lanyard for our $55.
l've always looked at it as them connecting further as members but the club may have just lost 3 future lifelong members by offering nothing really.

Attachments

• IMG_4470.jpeg
    IMG_4470.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 9
These ticketing companies have created a nice little money fleecing cabal for themselves - snaking their way into everyday living - sort of a sporting/entertainment equivalent of Woolworths/Coles. Allowing outfits like the NRL (and by extension the Penly-Warringah Sea Grifters), et al, to offload responsibility onto someone else for ticketing/marketing, etc.

I was breathlessly informed via email that I could pick up our packs on the (vs. Goosters) game day, or one of several days either side of that. That’s great, except that I live in Canberra nowadays and those dates don’t suit.

I will be thinking long and hard about renewing seasonal membership next year.

Last edited:
These ticketing companies have created a nice little money fleecing cabal for themselves - snaking their way into everyday living - sort of a sporting/entertainment equivalent of Woolworths/Coles. Allowing outfits like the NRL (and by extension the Penly-Warringah Sea Grifters), et al, to offload responsibility onto someone else for ticketing/marketing, etc.

I was breathlessly informed via email that I could pick up our packs on the (vs. Goosters) game day, or one of several days either side of that. That’s great, except that I live in Canberra nowadays and those dates don’t suit.

I will be thinking long and hard about renewing seasonal membership next year.
@Terry Zarsoff, yep it's of my pet peeves too.
I wouldn't be surprised if they charged us a booking fee to redeem our tickets too.

See my post above, check your confirmation email and ask them to post your packs to you as they initially stated.

Good luck.

I feel the same way.
In my excited haste last year to buy 3 game memberships ( as l have done for years as Christmas presents ) l stupidly assumed that l'd get some of the usual membership paraphernalia of season's past - core packs l think they were called - but no. I bought five 3 game packs and one add-on for me.
My confirmation email even stated that my membership pack would be mailed to the address in my account.
Come mid Jan an email comes to say my flexi pack is ready to collect....WTF!
Anyway l drive out to pick up what l think are five packs buts it's only one, mention to the girl that my receipt says it would be mailed, she said that was just for country or out of town members and would look into it.
Gave me a couple of posters of Turbo and Reuben.
I made a special trip to pick up said pack, around 1.5 hours round trip plus fuel for something that should have been posted!
It was in a nice box though.
So, l bought memberships for my kids and granddaughter but they have nothing to show for it, not even a membership card.

I think l might ring up membership too and ask for a few refunds especially as my granddaughter is not quite 5yo and would get in for free.🤦‍♂️
I've never minded if l and the kids can't get to three games but at least get a sticker, card and lanyard for our $55.
l've always looked at it as them connecting further as members but the club may have just lost 3 future lifelong members by offering nothing really.

I'm going to ring the membership team, tell them which games I want to attend and have them print my tickets and send them to me in an envelope.

Surely that's not too much to ask.

So, I emailed the membership team asking to cancel 3 of my 5 memberships and outlined my reasons.

Response today was rather underwhelming but kind of expected.

'Sorry to hear yourself and your kids are upset about the changes made to our flexi memberships for this season.
I can go ahead and refund these for you, I can see there are 5 memberships on your account so please let me know which ones you would like a refund for.
For your reference, kids under 4 can enter the venue for free."

That's it, no asking why, no asking what can we do to help change your mind?
Seems like they are indifferent to three "members" ( aged 4-18) to just walk away no questions asked.

I have given my feedback going into a bit more depth, will be interesting to see what comes of their response if any.

So, I emailed the membership team asking to cancel 3 of my 5 memberships and outlined my reasons.

Response today was rather underwhelming but kind of expected.

'Sorry to hear yourself and your kids are upset about the changes made to our flexi memberships for this season.
I can go ahead and refund these for you, I can see there are 5 memberships on your account so please let me know which ones you would like a refund for.
For your reference, kids under 4 can enter the venue for free."

That's it, no asking why, no asking what can we do to help change your mind?
Seems like they are indifferent to three "members" ( aged 4-18) to just walk away no questions asked.

I have given my feedback going into a bit more depth, will be interesting to see what comes of their response if any.
Yep. I also thought they may try a little harder to convince me to retain my membership. I don't expect they knew I had been a member for 40 years. Anyway, the refund came promptly so they are, at least, efficient in handing back money.

Yep. I also thought they may try a little harder to convince me to retain my membership. I don't expect they knew I had been a member for 40 years. Anyway, the refund came promptly so they are, at least, efficient in handing back money.
How could they not know you were a member for 40 years?
Isn't that what databases are for?

I don't know what is more numbnuttedness,
the not knowing or the not caring?

How could they not know you were a member for 40 years?
Isn't that what databases are for?

I don't know what is more numbnuttedness,
the not knowing or the not caring?
I don't think there was such a thing as a database back when I joined, just a paper file which, if it still existed today, would have gone yellow with age.

@The Wheel With the rainy weather set in, is the club going to monitor how many 3/5 game members who have blown a game and not shown up based on the weather? If we had a fully roofed stadium I would get it but in 2024 the hill is not a great place to watch in the rain.

Waiting for all the naysayers explaining how soft I am but this flexibility has been taken away in 2024 and I personally think it’s a backwards step.

@The Wheel With the rainy weather set in, is the club going to monitor how many 3/5 game members who have blown a game and not shown up based on the weather? If we had a fully roofed stadium I would get it but in 2024 the hill is not a great place to watch in the rain.

Waiting for all the naysayers explaining how soft I am but this flexibility has been taken away in 2024 and I personally think it’s a backwards step.
The club regularly monitors this type of member ‘activity’ - if you are asking if the club will return the ticket you claimed for today’s game as part of your package (because it rained)? I have no idea but to be honest I doubt it. There is a post in the game day thread from a silvertailer asking to buy tix - you maybe able to seek to him/her

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8