• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jethro said:
So the answer then is to get more NRL Referees who grew up in the Manly-Warringah area and supported the Sea Eagles :)

I'd say that'd be the way to go! (and keep them well fed - and female)

Shoe1 said:
You're telling me the Stanford Law Review article authors did a survey of how hungry judges were prior to decisions? Or they had observers in the judges homes monitoring breakfast, and observers in the dining room following the lunch adjournment?:p

I plead the 5th to all your questions. :cool:

Checchin

Perenara

And Klein

Attachments

• image.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 30
So, during a period where we have been a dominant team we have an 8 from 18 record with Checcin and 6 from 12 with Klein. Interesting.

Anyone else remember Cecchins top grade debut ?

It was the Northern Eagles v Auckland in Auckland. Eagles up 30-12 when Steve Clark pulls a hammy and can't continue, Cecchin comes on, gets the whip out and rides the Warriors home to a 32-30 win

The only ref that supported Manly was Steve LYons and the NRL didn't give him a contract this season.

Badger's Mrs is a Manly supporter - hence the reason he is not allowed anywhere near our games

globaleagle said:
I was just reading an article from a Stanford law review which showed that Judges rule based on certain influences - not just the law.
Harvard man myself ...but I do agree wholeheartedly..:)

DSM5 said:
The only ref that supported Manly was Steve LYons and the NRL didn't give him a contract this season.

I miss the great Kelvin Jeffes. They got rid of him pretty quickly when it came out. It's a shame, he let the game flow.

Apparently Tony Archer was a Manly fan. He covered it by being a prick towards us at first but i think he found the balance later on in his career.

Worried that the bias will continue this year.

Our CEO should come out and make a statement, rather than Toovey, who the media are painting as a constant whinger.

Statement to cover:

1. Get rid of the home penalties once and for all (we don't expect any favours, certainly aren't getting any this year and time to clean up a terrible part of the game)

2. Shoulder charge rule is a joke. If there is contact with the head, then penalise, if the player is injured, then suspend. The nonsense thar drove this change is a joke, fancing citing anyone for a good shoulder charge when there is no contact with attackers head. Matai on Burgess, penalty at worst.

3. Obstruction rule is also a joke. It's now back to a lottery interpretation. Last years ruling was closer to the mark. If the decoy runner barges into a defender and affects any likely chance of the defender recovering to make a tackle, the benefit goes to the defence. Still filthy that Ballin was blocked and had no chance of trailling to cover Sutton.

We are getting royally screwed this year, and if we don't do anything about it, it will continue.

Pffft. Amateurs.

If you wanna see some real ref bias check out post #221 in this thread.

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-NHL-2013?pid=492330#pid492330

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6