Refs to "hunker in their bunker"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bozo has said that the ref's should be treated like a 17th nrl team.

At least we know who'd get the wooden spoon each year!

http://www.silvertails.net/11585/bob-fultons-plan-to-make-referees-the-17th-nrl-club/

edit: I so wanted to type..... Jethro will post this as a separate article so no one will read this anyway.

et voilà!

:angel:

globaleagle said:
bozo has said that the ref's should be treated like a 17th nrl team.

At least we know who'd get the wooden spoon each year!

http://www.silvertails.net/11585/bob-fultons-plan-to-make-referees-the-17th-nrl-club/

edit: I so wanted to type..... Jethro will post this as a separate article so no one will read this anyway.

et voilà!

:angel:

Sorry GE :)

I edited your post too to change the link to the Silvertails link.

Related article:

NRL can solve many problems by limiting video use and having one referee

August 30, 2014 - 10:00PM
Phil Gould
League Columnist

Where was the support for the referee after he made his clanger? Ben Cummins remonstrates with Jack Reed after incorrectly sending Matt Gillett to the sin bin.

Where was the support for the referee after he made his clanger? Ben Cummins remonstrates with Jack Reed after incorrectly sending Matt Gillett to the sin bin. Photo: Getty Images

The NRL has announced the blueprint for the future of refereeing. Fair enough.

I'm not sure if this is the INVESTIGATION that Manly coach Geoff Toovey so eloquently demanded at his entertaining press conference last year, but let's give Geoff the credit anyway.

Right from the outset, let me say I'm buoyed by the talk of extra funding being provided for the development of young referees. The kids officiating at junior league levels really need our support. They do a tough job very well.

Now, onto the big boys.

It's really important this study is conducted without any preconceived findings in mind. Every rugby league review ever conducted has only been to support an already predetermined result. The final paper simply recommends the changes they already had in mind. I raise this concern because NRL head of football Todd Greenberg has stated he's prepared to spend "millions of dollars" on resources and technology to help referees get decisions right.

Firstly, I don't understand the obsession with technology.

Secondly, I could think of any number of things, infinitely more important than video referee technology, on which to spend that money. This review needs to be exhaustive and honest. If the review determines we must have this technology and the study justifies the expenditure, then let's do it. My fear though is the NRL has already decided it's going to do it and the review will be written accordingly.

For what it's worth, I see this proposal of a centralised video refereeing bunker as nothing more than an expensive PR stunt. It seems like a lot of trouble and expense for what should be a simple process. I know a cheaper and better way. STOP GOING TO THE VIDEO REFEREE TO REVIEW EVERYTHING.

Click here to read the full article at SMH.com.au

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4