Release Parcell and Api and get a real hooker?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parcel's defence, passing and fitness are top notch. Where he can most improve is in backing himself. Run hard for the gaps, trust himself, build a kicking game, learn to dominate, get some mongrel. A good dose of confidence would go a long, long way for the Pacman.

Api, not Brown, is our first choice utility.

I want to believe in Parcell as our future hooker but I was pretty underwhelmed with his first season with us. Looked great at the Nines tournament but not so great after that. And while his fitness isn't an issue, his durability is. He spent a lot of time on the sidelines, which didn't help his cause. Let's hope he can stay on the field next season.

My problem with Parcell and Api is that whilst both possess talent, neither appear to be the full package. Similar threads have polarised posters with each of the opposing sides highlighting the shortcomings of the other.

The fact that this is so ... tells me neither is our future.

Watching Camscum, Pennis, Hodgson, Granville .. they all have one thing in common .... they all own the ruck through sheer strength of will, they dominate with their presence.

Apart from the skill set, do our blokes have the personality?

Whilst I think it's always a bit unfair to get disagrees when one is in fact asking a question.....I shall answer that I think they'll be fine. I have higher hopes for Parcell than Api (sometimes api's passing is just...er...misdirected.)

Parcell just needs a few more scars on his face then he'll be right in there with the 'hookers club' (unfortunately named.)

Have to agree with the post. If you could combine both hookers into one we would have a beast. Api is strong as an ox, very fit, great defender and good on his feet but such a bad organiser and cannot pass to save his life. Parcell has a much better passing game, very fit and lightning out of dummy half but no mogrel like api and second guesses himself in attack but still works alot better with dce. I think both will be much improved next year especially parcell with a full off season training with dce

Not much to choose from....
Mitch Rein, Danny Houghton from hull's all I can think of.

For those of you who think Parcell is not there yet, not up to it etc, I would like you to think back to the first job you had, or the first one that came with real responsibility. Were you brilliant/highly competent/merely competent from the start, or did it take a while to grow into the role? Imagine that!

That's why Parcell should be given time. He has shown enough at Manly and elsewhere to indicate he could be a future champion.

The same arguments have been raised re: Gutherson - i.e. wasn't up to it etc. This season at a club going through its own turmoil, he has shown that the decision to let him go was the wrong one. Let's hope that Parcell isn't lost to the club as well.

Last edited:
My problem with Parcell and Api is that whilst both possess talent, neither appear to be the full package. Similar threads have polarised posters with each of the opposing sides highlighting the shortcomings of the other.

The fact that this is so ... tells me neither is our future.

Watching Camscum, Pennis, Hodgson, Granville .. they all have one thing in common .... they all own the ruck through sheer strength of will, they dominate with their presence.

Apart from the skill set, do our blokes have the personality?

I started this thread back in Sept. and got 8 dislikes for it.

I'm just ahead of the game.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6