RELEASED WTF? - viliame fifita and alec tuitavake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member

NRL market watch: Dragons sign Sea Eagles forwards Alec Tuitavake and Viliame Fifita immediately​

MARKET WATCH: St George Illawarra have received a massive boost, with two of Manly’s most promising young forwards released to join the Dragons with immediate effect.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s.../0d721e7369eda6de4dfd96ddd8717359#share-tools

St George Illawarra have poached two of the Manly Sea Eagles’ most outstanding young forwards.
Front-rowers Alec Tuitavake and Viliame Fifita will make an immediate switch to the Dragons.
They were both impressed after recently meeting coach Anthony Griffin.
Their signings help the Dragons edge closer to filling their 30-man roster.
Viliame Fifita was rated one of the most promising forwards on the Sea Eagles books. Picture: Getty

Viliame Fifita was rated one of the most promising forwards on the Sea Eagles books. Picture: Getty
Tuitavake, 22 and Fifita, 22, are rated two of the best young middle forward prospects in the game.
They were part of Manly’s 30-man roster and were expected to have long careers on the northern beaches.
Their signings are a huge vote of confidence in Griffin, who also met their parents in recent days.
Tuitavake and Fifita will help the Dragons fill some of the remaining spots they still had available in their 30-man squad this season.

This seems just ridiculous!!

Agree .. on the surface it is ridiculous ... especially considering we agreed to an immediate release .

Either we have some plan ... or Seib's and Mestrov have gone completely bonkers ...

I'll wait to see which .... but the #SackBaldyBoldy thread is being prepared ... and the optimism/pessimism pulse is starting to fibulate ..

How do you go from having great forward depth to .... whatever it is we have now, in such a short period??!!

Looks like it was just a matter of 'I want to play first-grade ASAP' and 'look who's in front of me that's making that goal hard' - plus more coin on offer immediately at the Dragons. They're both 22 - time's ticking - their managers were I'm sure 'proactive'.

It's no secret that Manly has been building a load of depth recently - I wondered when something like this would happen.

'Promising' plus 'relatively inexperienced' also equals a somewhat modest contract for a first-grader, equaling less risk for the Dragons recruitment department.

Disappointing - I was looking forward to seeing how Fifita may go in the top grade.

As for Tuitavake - his uncle is apparently Solomon Haumono - perhaps he will find his own 'pleasure machine' in the 'Gong..........

Looks like it was just a matter of 'I want to play first-grade ASAP' and 'look who's in front of me that's making that goal hard' - plus more coin on offer immediately at the Dragons. They're both 22 - time's ticking - their managers were I'm sure 'proactive'.

It's no secret that Manly has been building a load of depth recently - I wondered when something like this would happen.

'Promising' plus 'relatively inexperienced' also equals a somewhat modest contract for a first-grader, equaling less risk for the Dragons recruitment department.

Disappointing - I was looking forward to seeing how Fifita may go in the top grade.

As for Tuitavake - his uncle is apparently Solomon Haumono - perhaps he will find his own 'pleasure machine' in the 'Gong..........

Disappointed re fifita however tuitavake has been injured for 3 years. No guarantees he will ever amount to much.

Alex seemed to be having some injury and form issues , a bit disappointing but Fifita obviously more so . Fifita was looking good so surely must be some other strategy in mind for Manly to release him .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6