Reporters.. or "so called reporters" and their absolute dribble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Take your point but I imagine by that stage, he will have retired from rep footy anyway. Eventually, Tom Dearden will be a permanent fixture with Munster. I also think that 'market value' rule is highly contentious. There's been some players signing train and trial deals of late, that are worth upwards of 500-700k on the open market. Matt Lodge being one of them. I recall Hayne defecting to Parramatta from a 1.2m deal to 500k a season and nothing was said. The only time the NRL seemed to care about the rule was when we tried to sign Glenn Stewart for less than 350k and weren't allowed.
As I said, do not expect any help from the. NRL… Manly seem to get knocked back on everything… mind you we may have started the whole salary cap issue with a $1 contract too… (if memory serves)

Agree he may be retired but then who knows… Chez is pretty good at defying the odds… Would never have expected him to play for let alone captain Qld at one point but here we are..

“$0.188m – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game”

So if we are paying him $800k (which I think may be accepted as an open market value) then only $612k counts towards the salary cap… another reason why the NRL are not going to accept just any old valuation whilst he is top-5 half (at whatever age)…

You have to remember that the NRL have NEVER given Manly any assistance or leniency when it comes to the salary cap…
I think if it was let him sign for a reduced contract or his retirement the nrl wouldn’t have a choice. It’s a bit different when other clubs are in the hunt but if he was adamant he wouldn’t play elsewhere it’s not really unfair.

He should go and play in the US next near. He could really do a lot for promoting and growing the game over there while he still has the goods. He is such a great talker too. We need someone like him over there pronto. He has given his all to Manly for so long and I would hate to see him miss such a golden opportunity whilst he is still fit and firing. They would love him over there.

He should go and play in the US next near. He could really do a lot for promoting and growing the game over there while he still has the goods. He is such a great talker too. We need someone like him over there pronto. He has given his all to Manly for so long and I would hate to see him miss such a golden opportunity whilst he is still fit and firing. They would love him over there.
Yeah he would be a fantastic ambassador for growing the game and the yanks would be blown away that such a boyish looking bloke could mix it with the big boppers…

That article was a piece of garbage.

I dont understand Bulldog writing it or his thought pattern. I guess we shat on Glenn Stewart but this is a fair bit different.

Trash.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8