Reporters.. or "so called reporters" and their absolute dribble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
MANLYS Renyolds moment in today's tele
OMG..so much dribble possibly written by a 5 year old looking for attention..haha

Last night he was basically shot down on NRL 360 by both Braith and Kenty.. Kenty going as far as to say Manly are not that type of club and will look after DCE and they all mentioned DCE knows his place and was already on a reduced contact of around $850..

But reading today.. Richie quotes $1.2mill... LMFAO.. anything to sensationalise a story..
Goes on about how many years will DCE want..3 years, how much he will want, DCE getting too old for big money, could be a cap issue, finishes with Cherry Evans would never play at another club... or would he..he is a Redcliffe junior..haha

Just goes to show believe nothing these so called wannabe journos write.

Personally I think if journos write made up BS they should be fired for misrepresenting the truth.

Is all about trying to destabilise the club.. so the player thinks..yeah I should be on $1mil + a year what is the club thinking..blah blah

Last edited:
DCE is at the point of his career where he will take a hair cut to get another premiership. I say he will sign a one year extension on less than his current deal of $850k. IMO could possibly sign for $700k in his final year (if he is to extend). This will give us our best chance to assemble our strongest squad in a very long time.
Hopefully Schuster is off the books as well and we can pick up a major signing or 2 along we way.

OMG..so much dribble possibly written by a 5 year old looking for attention..haha

Last night he was basically shot down on NRL 360 by both Braith and Kenty.. Kenty going as far as to say Manly are not that type of club and will look after DCE and they all mentioned DCE knows his place and was already on a reduced contact of around $850..

But reading today.. Richie quotes $1.2mill... LMFAO.. anything to sensationalise a story..
Goes on about how many years will DCE want..3 years, how much he will want, DCE getting too old for big money, could be a cap issue, finishes with Cherry Evans would never play at another club... or would he..he is a Redcliffe junior..haha

Just goes to show believe nothing these so called wannabe journos write.

Personally I think if journos write made up BS they should be fired for misrepresenting the truth.
Thanks for sharing this. Assume it was Bulldog Ritchie who wrote it and that he was shot down on NRL360...

DCE is at the point of his career where he will take a hair cut to get another premiership. I say he will sign a one year extension on less than his current deal of $850k. IMO could possibly sign for $700k in his final year (if he is to extend). This will give us our best chance to assemble our strongest squad in a very long time.
Hopefully Schuster is off the books as well and we can pick up a major signing or 2 along we way.
NRL will not register a $700k contract for the QLD halfback and capt… especially at Manly…
I agree that Chez will likely contribute towards ensuring transition of the team to a post-DCE era but there is no way that the NRL will allow him to undervalue himself to “buy” Manly a premiership…

NRL will not register a $700k contract for the QLD halfback and capt… especially at Manly…
I agree that Chez will likely contribute towards ensuring transition of the team to a post-DCE era but there is no way that the NRL will allow him to undervalue himself to “buy” Manly a premiership…

DCE will take a year by year contract and it will be for around $800k.. he's Manly through and through and will want more success before he retires..he will basically be organising the roster to ensure our best possible success.

He will also end up working for the club post his playing career

For all those who bagged him through his career you will all miss him when he's gone.. hopefully we with his help work a succession plan for the future.

I don’t think we’d insult him with 700k anyway to be honest.

You don’t pay someone less because of their age, you pay them on performance. If he is an elite playmaker, pay him as an elite playmaker, whether he is 28 or 38. When Cam Smith retired, he was still a million dollar 9.

I’m sure the club will make retaining him a priority and I cannot see how he could suddenly become a cap concern, when he has been earning massive dollars at Manly for ten years now?! He doesn’t suddenly become difficult to fit into the cap because of a birth certificate.

Stupid journos 😂

He still has 2 more years at $850k so we are talking about him at the age of 37. I think $700k isn’t out of the question then.

He still has 2 more years at $850k so we are talking about him at the age of 37. I think $700k isn’t out of the question then.
Absolutely agree. This would not be unreasonable considering additional risk of injury etc. I remember Jonathan Thurston’s last season was far from his greatest which was completely understandable considering age etc..

You don’t pay someone less because of their age, you pay them on performance. If he is an elite playmaker, pay him as an elite playmaker, whether he is 28 or 38. When Cam Smith retired, he was still a million dollar 9.

I’m sure the club will make retaining him a priority and I cannot see how he could suddenly become a cap concern, when he has been earning massive dollars at Manly for ten years now?! He doesn’t suddenly become difficult to fit into the cap because of a birth certificate.

Stupid journos 😂

Very well said

If Ritchie is writing that stuff it’s possibly at the suggestion of his journalism mentor, Mr Peter Peters. In turn looking to ‘do the righty’ on behalf of the Fulton clan.

After all, ‘Uncle Peter’ is god dad to Scott and rode on Bob’s coattails for much of his footballing career.

Last edited:
Who knows DCE may not even want to play beyond next year anyway. He even said on fox after the milestone game on the weekend that it is too early to even start thinking about this as this game is too hard to predict that far into the future. It’s a discussion for next year I would say.

After all, ‘Uncle Peter’ is god dad to Scott and rode on Bob’s coattails for much of his footballing career.
We all rode on Bobs record five Premiership Winning Dynasty feathered friend Tezza
I am sure you also enjoyed the Exhilarating Winning Manly Ride

As for the Ageless DCE . He will keep playing in his Forties
Forty is the New Thirty for Great DCE

The Road to Premiership Winning Glory is ridden by Manly Premiership Winning Legends
1712715935301.png

Stupid journos 😂
Isn't there also some kind of cap relief for having long term players? Would that come into it?

It is if he is still playing rep… my point is that it does not just come down to what we want to pay him and what he is prepared to accept… NRL will place a minimum “value” on him and that will not be in the realm of $700k whilst he is still a representative-level half…

In defence of journos and sub-editors: every working day they turn up having to fill 10-12 pages of copy. Most days there isn't sufficient news to fill the blank space so you need to be 'creative'. It's a reasonably stressful situation. And bear in mind that the copy generated in a newspaper is used as the basis of reports for radio and television.
A newspaper's 'thought bubbles' go a long way in keeping a lot of people employed.

Isn't there also some kind of cap relief for having long term players? Would that come into it?
“$0.188m – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game”

So if we are paying him $800k (which I think may be accepted as an open market value) then only $612k counts towards the salary cap… another reason why the NRL are not going to accept just any old valuation whilst he is top-5 half (at whatever age)…

You have to remember that the NRL have NEVER given Manly any assistance or leniency when it comes to the salary cap…

Last edited:
If Ritchie is writing that stuff it’s possibly at the suggestion of his journalism mentor, Mr Peter Peters. In turn looking to ‘do the righty’ on behalf of the Fulton clan.

It is 100% from the mind of Peters,Ritchie is his lapdog.All the Fulton stories,at Manly and the Tigers,were works of Zorba

It is if he is still playing rep… my point is that it does not just come down to what we want to pay him and what he is prepared to accept… NRL will place a minimum “value” on him and that will not be in the realm of $700k whilst he is still a representative-level half…
Take your point but I imagine by that stage, he will have retired from rep footy anyway. Eventually, Tom Dearden will be a permanent fixture with Munster. I also think that 'market value' rule is highly contentious. There's been some players signing train and trial deals of late, that are worth upwards of 500-700k on the open market. Matt Lodge being one of them. I recall Hayne defecting to Parramatta from a 1.2m deal to 500k a season and nothing was said. The only time the NRL seemed to care about the rule was when we tried to sign Glenn Stewart for less than 350k and weren't allowed.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8