Revenge could be sweet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
No thanks... I'd keep Kite (who has won two premierships, winning the CC medal in one), King (who has won a premiership) and Rose (who has also won a premiership) before I'd sign a storm reject that the Dogs (who finished 9th) don't want. Show a bit of loyalty to the blokes who have done the job for us so well.

Completely agree bones. King, Rose and Kite have all showed loyalty to Manly and I would show loyalty to them.

Manly have proven that you don't need superstar props. All you need are solid props who get the job done so you can spend money where it matters, the backrow, halves, fullback and centres. Props with minimal errors, good defense and are solid enough in the metres gained department is what you need in the Salary Cap era.

forget bulldogs puss, please lussick and buhrer will be better than any of there starting pack. How to get the dogs back, well that is david perry's and toovs job if they convince foran to not activate get out clause then dogs are screwed as kris keating is off contract end of this 2012, that will make all the pathetic disrupting our title win, poaching our staff seem well not point at all.
Honestly there is not one play in there side that is worth signing, des have fun with the rubbish team, morris cannot tackle, barba tries vs puss teams, eastwood fat slob, ennis penalty central any one remember origin ballin kills him.

Wolfpack said:
eagles2win said:
Love stat's and unfortunately our props don't have very good ones compared to the likes of Tolman, Scott, Civonceva.

Our backrow carries them.

Also noticed a pattern with Kite (watch me get flamed here) but perfomance seems to go up when his contract comes up.

Agreed, E2W.

The front row is the weakest part of Manly's team by far & as you said, the back row really carried them this year. Choc in particular picked up the slack & did massive amounts of work in carrying the ball up.

We've got some young prospects there (namely Lussick & Stromquist) but Kitey isn't really getting it done anymore. Rose is decent in bursts but hasn't been able to get back to great form & King is just puttering along as he has been for the past few years - not to say that King is playing badly but he certainly isn't the kind of player you want leading the charge.

As I said I'd love Tolman but I doubt that Manly can afford him, I'd say that it's very likely that we will be buying another prop in the coming seasons though.

Lol.. We won a premiership with a prop that doesn't get it done, one that is good in spurts and one that putters along. You're smarter than that Wolfpack. And E2W, I think two premierships for kite and one each for king and Rose are pretty good stats. Every team has the weaker parts of the team, that's what the salary cap does. If Manlys back row is that good that we can afford to not have the superstar props then so be it. Manly have been the most successful team of the period since kite has been at manly. More than happy with that and his input.

bones said:
Wolfpack said:
eagles2win said:
Love stat's and unfortunately our props don't have very good ones compared to the likes of Tolman, Scott, Civonceva.

Also noticed a pattern with Kite (watch me get flamed here) but perfomance seems to go up when his contract comes up.

Agreed, E2W.

The front row is the weakest part of Manly's team by far & as you said, the back row really carried them this year. Choc in particular picked up the slack & did massive amounts of work in carrying the ball up.

We've got some young prospects there (namely Lussick & Stromquist) but Kitey isn't really getting it done anymore. Rose is decent in bursts but hasn't been able to get back to great form & King is just puttering along as he has been for the past few years - not to say that King is playing badly but he certainly isn't the kind of player you want leading the charge.

As I said I'd love Tolman but I doubt that Manly can afford him, I'd say that it's very likely that we will be buying another prop in the coming seasons though.

Lol.. We won a premiership with a prop that doesn't get it done, one that is good in spurts and one that putters along. You're smartervthan that Wolfpack. And E2W, I think two premierships for kite and one each for king and Rose are pretty good stats.

I'm not saying that they aren't good enough, but Manly could stand to improve in that area as our front row was by far the weakest unit on the team last season. Age is the big thing for me, both Kite & King are 30 & his almighty Noodness is 33 & probably only a season away from hanging up the boots.

As I said before, I don't think that chasing Tolman would be a smart idea for the club (though I do like Tolman as a player & look forward to seeing him play for NSW this year) but we will be needing some new players up front soon-ish. Lussick & Stromquist are the only two younger guys that have really shown some spark (from what we, joe public, have seen) so it'd be nice to get some fresh blood in there. Gordon Ramsay might show something yet, but from the highlights of last year, he's decent but nothing special.

eagles2win said:

This...couldn't have put it better myself!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2