Richie Fa'aoso cleared to return to the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz said:
River there is a fair difference between training privately and training under Donny

He HAS trained under Donny.

A full preseason with Us and all last year until the serious neck injury in the finals.

I'm sure he'd know how to train anyway mate, being a professional footballer (for 10 years).

Or even remember his routines, or wow, maybe even talked to Donny himself....?

My only question is just how fit and ready to go he is right now. And all I added was that Tooves and co. will make the call on it all.

(If they feel he's OK to play a role) there's where further discussion can lead to.

RiverEagle said:
lsz said:
River there is a fair difference between training privately and training under Donny

He HAS trained under Donny.

A full preseason with Us and all last year until the serious neck injury in the finals.

I'm sure he'd know how to train anyway mate, being a professional footballer (for 10 years).

Or even remember his routines, or wow, maybe even talked to Donny himself....?

My only question is just how fit and ready to go he is right now. And all I added was that Tooves and co. will make the call on it all.

(If they feel he's OK to play a role) there's where further discussion can lead to.

Whilst I hope he can help us in the finals I doubt not having any full contact conditioning the whole year would allow for this to happen. Can't see him jumping on the bench and going full steam ahead with the bash and barge again like nothing had happened. This is very unlikely. I really hope I am wrong though! Fingers crossed!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/no-return-for-faaoso-in-maroon-and-white/story-fngr8iii-1227047977927

No return for Fa’aoso in maroon and white

ANDREW PRENTICE MANLY DAILY SEPTEMBER 04, 2014

TOOVEY WILL BE CAREFUL WITH FA’AOSO

SEA Eagles coach Geoff Toovey has revealed Richie Fa’aoso is unlikely to play for the club this year, declaring he has “lots of hurdles to overcome”.

Reports emerged yesterday that the interchange prop could make a shock return to the NRL after he was cleared by a doctor in Brisbane to resume his playing career.

Fa’aoso broke his neck when carting the ball up in the preliminary-final win against the Rabbitohs last September at ANZ Stadium.

It is believed the bones in his neck have fused together naturally and Fa’aoso is unlikely to experience a recurrence of the injury that put his career on ice.

“I don’t really know what to make of the news, one doctor suggested at the time that Richie should never play contact sport again,’’ Toovey said.

“It certainly came as a surprise to me, if he was to play he would need to be checked thoroughly by our two club doctors.

“We have a duty of care for Richie as a person – it is very unlikely he would be considered for selection, despite our current injury dramas.”

One of the code’s great journeyman, Fa’aoso turned out for the Panthers, Roosters, Eels, Knights, Storm and Manly during a decadelong career in the top grade.

The 30-year-old tasted premiership success with the Storm in 2012 and was a chance of going back to back at different clubs, only for the injury to rule him out of last year’s decider versus the Roosters.

The Manly Daily understands Fa’aoso is desperate to prolong his playing career beyond this season.

Meanwhile, hooker Matt Ballin showed last Sunday just how tough he is, playing for a little over a 20 minutes with a fracture in his leg versus Penrith.
“I was in a fair bit of pain,’’ he said.
“As I got moving, my leg was sore and I just thought it was a bit of a cork.
“I tried to stay out there until half-time, but then saw the doctor and they made the call to take me off.

“In the end, it was a really good call by them putting my safety first.”

Yes for someone like Ritchie and at his stage of career he has to take the highest offer.

You would think that he would accept just about any offer Manly put forward after the club elected to pay him for this year when they could have backed out of it.
But as far as this year goes. F**k it LET THE MAN PLAY!

Not wishing to be negative, but are people getting excited about the same Richie Fa'aoso I knew, who spent a lot of time suspended and when not suspended gave away a stack of penalties ? Loved his spirit and would be good to see him back next year, but not the guy to fix our current dilemma. Go with what we got. If they fluke it, you beauty, if not at least they have a finals campaign under their belt and will be better for it.

Aussie Battler said:
Not wishing to be negative, but are people getting excited about the same Richie Fa'aoso I knew, who spent a lot of time suspended and when not suspended gave away a stack of penalties ? Loved his spirit and would be good to see him back next year, but not the guy to fix our current dilemma. Go with what we got. If they fluke it, you beauty, if not at least they have a finals campaign under their belt and will be better for it.

Yes I agree he has got the mongrel in him. But against Souffs and roartors I like that.

manlyfan76 said:
Aussie Battler said:

Yes I agree he has got the mongrel in him. But against Souffs and roartors I like that.

Most probably right. If he can get a season ending hit on any of the Burgess brothers, maloney, pearce, keary and any other player from them I don't like it will be worth it.

---------------------------------------------------------
@"Aussie Battler",
I just edited your post to fix your quoted section to include the reply from manlyfan76 otherwise it would appear that you are just replying to yourself.
Cheers,
Jethro.

Aussie Battler said:
manlyfan76 said:
Aussie Battler said:

Most probably right. If he can get a season ending hit on any of the Burgess brothers, maloney, pearce, keary and any other player from them I don't like it will be worth it.

---------------------------------------------------------
@"Aussie Battler",
I just edited your post to fix your quoted section to include the reply from manlyfan76 otherwise it would appear that you are just replying to yourself.
Cheers,
Jethro.
I liked it the other way Aussie.

Aussie Battler said:

I agree, Ritchie has a two year contract which the club honoured although they didn't have to as he didn't play a game this year.
To sign him up again to a new contract at 31 with a very serious neck injury would not be smart, it's not as if he's Matt Scott or James Graham.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6