• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I love watching Richie play. I will miss seeing him in action for the next few(?) weeks. I feel that he has made a huge contribution this year - coming off the bench and adding energy and intimidating defence. The penalties are a little too frequent...but he is a big asset. Adding sting to the defence, especially against sides like the rabbits, although his minutes are not so high, his input is huge.

Meanwhile, NRL referees boss Daniel Anderson has defended the decision not to send Manly forward Richie Fa'aoso from the field for two dangerous throws on South Sydney fullback Greg Inglis on Friday night.

The two incidents, along with an errant elbow from Sea Eagles fullback Brett Stewart and a high shot by centre Steve Matai, will be scrutinised on Monday by the match-review committee.

Anderson said match officials would also review the incidents but he did not believe either of Fa'aoso's tackles warranted a send-off.

''It was a conventional tackle that obviously went very wrong and I know that some people have asked about there being a second tackle in the game but every incident is looked at in isolation,'' he told ABC Radio.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/cowboys-look-into-controversial-tweet-20130428-2imsh.html#ixzz2RnQQsG6c

I do want to say that both Inu and Ritchie deserve suspensions though. They should not have lifted Inglis up in the first place!

After the first tackle Lyon says to the ref " what about when he is leaning over trying to get to the ground? The ref says" Yer, that's fine". Matai had tried to say the same but would not be heard by the ref.

captaincarpo said:
I do want to say that both Inu and Ritchie deserve suspensions though. They should not have lifted Inglis up in the first place!

What a load of crap. If anyone needs a suspension it's Inglis for taking dives. Like what has been shown by Fluffy for one of the Fa'aoso incidents

and also by captaincarpo for the Inu incident,

Inglis still has a foot on the ground with his head etc already pointing down at the ground getting ready to roll to dupe the referees into awarding a penalty for a supposed spear tackle that isn't.

As for lifting so high, refer to my explanation here:

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Inglis-Tactic-take-note?pid=488784#pid488784

You're only allowed to tackle Inglis below the knees. Too bad not even Wayne Pearce could pull off a grass cutter on Inglis. All of which means just let Inglis through and score tries.

Well we won't see Ritchie till Round 18 against the Cowboys.
He will be a loss but not something that we can't overcome.
Anyone hear how Ligi Sao is going?

10 weeks is a long time for Richie to think about getting the **** out of his game. He'll also be in great shape when he returns and could give us a massive boost towards the finals.

Jethro said:
captaincarpo said:

What a load of crap. If anyone needs a suspension it's Inglis for taking dives. Like what has been shown by Fluffy for one of the Fa'aoso incidents

and also by captaincarpo for the Inu incident,

Inglis still has a foot on the ground with his head etc already pointing down at the ground getting ready to roll to dupe the referees into awarding a penalty for a supposed spear tackle that isn't.

As for lifting so high, refer to my explanation here:

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Inglis-Tactic-take-note?pid=488784#pid488784

Those pictures are damning. He has already gone past the horizontal in both tackles yet still has a foot on the ground.

Maybe it would have been worth challenging only one of Fa'aoso's tackles (the one pictured) and emphasizing the contribution that Inglis is making to the awkward landings. It's almost certain we would have lost without too much of a harsher penalty but we could have put Inglis' cheap tactic firmly under the spotlight.

He will be ironed out in his 8 week break and made to conform to the Manly style - trying a little too hard at the moment but can see his genuine attempt to become everything Manly - IMO he will not be suspended again for a season or 2.

Is it true that neither Richie nor Inu has a previous history of lifting tackles? Quite a hefty coincidence really.

Richie has been great for us. He plays with passion and he got carried away . I bet most players would rather play with him than against him .

Jethro said:

The thing that stands out to me in Jethro's 1st pic is the speed with with Matai is racing back to get in position to defend next tackle. He's just a blur. Brilliant intensity, definitely the match of the year so far.

The refs need to wise up. Unless both legs are up in the air, it CANNOT be a spear tackle. Inglis' right leg still being on the ground says it all. A diver.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4