Ridiculous

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And that's why super rugby is so much better than league!

amirite guys?!?!?!?!

Maybe not. But they don't have ref or video ref howlers every weekend. And just on forward passes. Borderline forward passes and even marginally forward passes are let go. Everyone just accepts that if it's to close to call we'll just let it go. Blatantly forward passes are nearly always ruled on.

Oh I agree with you, I just wanted to see if everyone would scream blue murder about how bad union is.

I am a firm believer that the video ref should only be used in assisting decisions on trys and trys only. Using them on whether it should be a line drop out or a 20m restart is just stupid. What do we need refs for if the video ref is going to overrule all their decisions.

Video Refs ruling on forward passes won't work and those calling for it would likely be abusing the video ref half the time if they did have the power to rule.

Saying that they could only rule on the obvious ones is great as a broad statement but how would it work in practice? Putting aside all the physics/wind/floating/out of the hands arguments, at what point does a forward pass become 'obvious' or 'blatant'? Is it at 20cm forward, 50cm, 1m, 2m? Once you decide on that margin, how is the video ref going to measure it on screen?

They actually had this power some years back (circa 2000) for one year I think and it got canned because it raised just as many arguments.

Between them, four blokes on the field should be able to pick up forward passes like the one to Ennis on Friday and if they can't they should be made accountable.

See above Bradza. The marginal ones are let go and the blatant ones are pulled up. Majority rules. .

If both referees agree it's forward it's forward. If they disagree it's play on.

See above Stevo, and please define 'blatant' with a measurement not an adjective. Not being smart here, I just want something tangible to work with in this discussion.

Why do you need a definition? If both referees agree it's forward its forward.

Again....works in union.

Referee says to video ref. I need clarification on that last pass. Video ref says in my opinion it's forward. Ref says i'm of the same opinion. It's forward. Or Ref says in my opinion it's not forward. It's too close to call. Play on.

I think there would be very few time they would disagree.

Bradza said:
See above Stevo, and please define 'blatant' with a measurement not an adjective. Not being smart here, I just want something tangible to work with in this discussion.

Anything over 2 metres to the naked eye and where highlighted by line markings

Stevo said:
Why do you need a definition? If both referees agree it's forward its forward.

Again....works in union.

Referee says to video ref. I need clarification on that last pass. Video ref says in my opinion it's forward. Ref says i'm of the same opinion. It's forward. Or Ref says in my opinion it's not forward. It's too close to call. Play on.

I think there would be very few time they would disagree.

Sorry, I didn't look at the right post.
OK, I can live with that judgement call and ratification approach. If the on field ref doesn't see it or ask about it, are you saying that the video ref cannot bring it up? It's that aspect that will breakdown if the video ref has all the say on borderline situations.

What i'm saying is the video referee can't butt in when he chooses.

He must only assist when the referee asks for it or in the event of a captains challenge. At the moment the video ref seems to pick and choose when he over rules something.

Stevo said:
What i'm saying is the video referee can't butt in when he chooses.

He must only assist when the referee asks for it or in the event of a captains challenge. At the moment the video ref seems to pick and choose when he over rules something.

Or when channel 9 or Fox show a replay of a contentious decision. No replay equals no video ref overrule.

What I would like to know is, why can't the Touchies do their job properly in the first place and pick up the forward passes? Are they blind or are they not allowed to rule on those issues anymore?
aug08_022.gif

If they can make offside rulings then I fail to see why they can't do the same for forward passes.

Any 50/50 call will go in favour of whoever Manly are playing.

Anything that helps Manly lose will be given the green light.

#simples

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6