Rift between Manly players and officials set to widen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They can have burger rings.

mozgrame said:
Some on the board would probably wiz it straight to cash converters or e-bay.

If that's the case then they don't have as many differences with De$$ie as we are led to believe.

tookey said:
WAMF said:
I can almost guarantee that Zorba is stirring the pot.

Can almost guarantee? In other words you have no idea and are only assuming.

Maybe Des told ritchie? Or one of the players.

How would Des or the players know when the admin side of things is separate to the football side? The only way it could have got out is through someone linked to the board, which is any one of the 7 in that room, no one else. In saying this it could have been a board member telling someone else, who then told the media (for example, Scott Penn telling Zorba?) Does Zorba still do the media stuff and, does he still sit in on the board meetings (did he ever?)

The only alternative is that it is a complete beat up and shouldn't be listened to, which is my take on it.

Those pointing the finger so predictably at zorbs here. I do believe he is overseas atm

How do we know the story is even true? Because the Telegraph said so? Believing crap in that paper has gotten to me one too many times. I will try not to be fooled again.

Phantar said:
Ummm...beat-up!

More interesting was the news that George's charge was downgraded.

Agree!

The white-anting of Manly continues via the News Ltd outlets. Whose interest does it serve I wonder? More votes on a certain Board, reinstatement for some hmmm :dodgy:

After the Des defection and the timely appointment of Tooves, nothing can rock the Supporters now.

"We Shall Not,We Shall Not Be Moved
We Shall Not,We Shall Not Be Moved
Just like the old oak tree by Manly Wharf
We Shall Not Be Moved" (from the 70's :D)

Bring on the WCC and the downsized Georgie for the Indigenous MOM :)

Cambo said:
Those pointing the finger so predictably at zorbs here. I do believe he is overseas atm

Not to say he didn't say anything b4 he left

Here is a pic btw

6238477703_5794cc0279_z.jpg

Jono said:
tookey said:
WAMF said:
I can almost guarantee that Zorba is stirring the pot.

Can almost guarantee? In other words you have no idea and are only assuming.

Maybe Des told ritchie? Or one of the players.

How would Des or the players know when the admin side of things is separate to the football side? The only way it could have got out is through someone linked to the board, which is any one of the 7 in that room, no one else. In saying this it could have been a board member telling someone else, who then told the media (for example, Scott Penn telling Zorba?) Does Zorba still do the media stuff and, does he still sit in on the board meetings (did he ever?)

The only alternative is that it is a complete beat up and shouldn't be listened to, which is my take on it.

It is a small organisation and the players would know a lot of what goes on with the admin side of the club.

The comments in the article clearly state that the players are aware of the directors asking for the rings. And Perry has apparantly already put the order in despite Penn stating that it hasn't been discussed at board level.

It could even be Penn leaking the info? All speculation as to who is doing it.

Players yesterday were reluctant to publicly criticise the board for fear of being reprimanded, but some did speak out privately.

"Why should the board get rings?" said one senior player who has played representative football. "They did their best to derail us this year and now they want rings.

"The players and coaching staff deserve the rings, not the directors.

"If they get the rings this year, then it cheapens the entire exercise. We're not happy with them - again."

Rookie Manly chief operating officer David Perry has already contacted Zed n Zed Jewellers about additional rings for coaching staff.

Asked did the board deserve rings, Penn said: "I'd prefer not to comment."

Asked further whether players would be upset, Penn added: "It isn't about taking anything away from the players.

"We haven't discussed it yet but will at the next board meeting later this month.

A functioning board stays in the background

Combine this story with the GF photo one there is enough smoke to indicate some form of fire

Quoting an un-named player? Lol. Must be true then. As If the Telegraph have morals and wouldn't print the players name who said it. If it were true and a player was quoted they would include his name.

Great! So the next news headline will be, "Manly board sits around with their fingers in their rings while players activate get out clauses".

Well, after the crap way that the MWSE employees have ended my season, I am expecting a GF Ring in my Gold Membership Renewal Package too :p

Cambo said:

I understand the club has paid Zorba his entire 2012 annual salary, as severance for being a long serving, crap, disrespectful, out of date media manager.
He should be flying first class all the way with the hefty payout he grabbed with both hands.

lsz said:
Try show some respect WAMF

i agree fully pretty poor form wamf

I wonder what any of the playing staff would say if that was said to them about Zorba.

theres a reason that almost every player who has played for the joint loves the bloke.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4