Rnd 2 player review

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kalvin

Bencher
1. Turbo: out of form at present
2. Garrick: didn't do anything wrong
3. Parker: try's hard but loves to rush out of defensive line at times
4. Harper: offers nothing?
5. Saab: seems scared of tupuo
6. Foran: tried hard
7. Dce: only likes to kick on the 3rd when in opposition 20?
8. Tapau: thinks he's a halve
9. Crocker: try's hard but out of his depth
10. Keppie: mixed bag
11. Guac: gives his all
12. Bully: very quiet
13. Jake: too many penalties
14. Walker: added spark
15. Lawton: solid
16. Paseka: Cat
17. Davey: all heart and actually had a go

I cant argue with any of that.

But player 16 is 100% on the money, always has been and always will be.

Look at some of the stats though. Paseka 13 runs 128 metres, Ola 14 runs 140 metres, Walker 12 for 125. Rest of the forwards were under 100 metres but most of our metres came in the 2nd.

It’s a pity we didn’t start well in the first half and like last week that’s where we lost the game, although this week we came back strong in the 2nd half. Something will click and if I were the Bulldogs I’d be aware of the wounded Sea Eagles who will blow them out of the park. It’s only round 2 and this was a better performance than last week and compared to last season first 4 games.

Yes we had 4 easy tries against us in the first half, but we also had near misses with Turbo, Harper over the line and Lawton and Ola just short. In the first some nice refereeing calls also gave the Roosters a leg up.

The 2nd half is the blueprint to follow for an entire game and Des will rip into them this week.

Tonight I was impressed with Davey, mistake free footy and gave it his all in attack and defence. Lawton was also much better at dummy half than Crocker, and Walker gave us the spark that we are currently missing without Schuster. Our forward stocks are building and we also have Aloai to return in round 4.

Hope is not lost as it’s only round 2 and a long way to go in the season.

Yes, Tent made some errors but he certainly is no feline. He was strong. I saw a lot of improvement in him tonight. Let's watch how he goes in the weeks ahead.
Possibly slightly harsh on him last night whilst emotional, however I'm changing his nickname to BFG!

Good analysis, Tupou definitely have Saab a lesson in how to be a tall winger.

I'm at a loss with Harper, he was fine up til round 20 or so last year...then...rhis
I saw enough of Koula in the trials to give him a shot at Centre in place of Harper. It’s a matter of time I think. Tupous been around a long time and is the best in the business at the high ball stuff. Saab will take a lot out of that contest. He’s still learning.

I saw enough of Koula in the trials to give him a shot at Centre in place of Harper. It’s a matter of time I think. Tupous been around a long time and is the best in the business at the high ball stuff. Saab will take a lot out of that contest. He’s still learning.

Given Harpers performances are so bad we have nothing to lose.

Currently convinced this would be our best team this year:

1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Koula
4. Parker
5. Saab
6. Foz
7. Dce
8. Bullemore
9. Segeyaro/Fainu/Humphries/Crocker
10. Keppie
11. Guac
12. Schuster
13. Jake
14. Walker
15. Lawton
16. Davey
17. Aloai
That bench would get monstered I think @Kalvin Agree re the backline though.
I think Des should start considering Lawton at 9. Aloai Toff and Schu come in for Croker (law to 9), Bully and one of the under performing props. Won’t happen of course.

That bench would get monstered I think @Kalvin Agree re the backline though.
I think Des should start considering Lawton at 9. Aloai Toff and Schu come in for Croker (law to 9), Bully and one of the under performing props. Won’t happen of course.
Yes an emotional poster last night who was disappointed with Taupau & Paseka... agree we would need at least 1 more big bopper!

1. Turbo: out of form at present
2. Garrick: didn't do anything wrong
3. Parker: try's hard but loves to rush out of defensive line at times
4. Harper: offers nothing?
5. Saab: seems scared of tupuo
6. Foran: tried hard
7. Dce: only likes to kick on the 3rd when in opposition 20?
8. Tapau: thinks he's a halve
9. Crocker: try's hard but out of his depth
10. Keppie: mixed bag
11. Guac: gives his all
12. Bully: very quiet
13. Jake: too many penalties
14. Walker: added spark
15. Lawton: solid
16. Paseka: Cat
17. Davey: all heart and actually had a go
My two cents for what they are worth from a noted neville nobody nufty

1. Turbo: woefully uninvolved in both games, not smashing it in one off the ruck like last year... not floating around to join the attack on the few times we have footy in decent field position
2. Garrick: played strong = carried the ball out of our own end with strength and toughness
3. Parker: normal Parker - no real errors - and will never give up
4. Harper: As @Kalvin said offers nothing in attack or defence. Swap for Koula
5. Saab: was ok but needs to take the ball back at the same pace as Garrick, he needs to forget about body preservation - he is a tall big unit - smash it back into them at pace
6. Foran: agree with @Kalvin - tried hard
7. Dce: terrible - headless chook. Again proves DCE is not a game manager and you cannot put the team on his back. He is only a super quality half and he can be super quality when his forwards are dominating. If they struggle - he struggles badly. This is how he has always been and always will be. So no real suprises at the moment
8. Tapau: was one of the few last week who had a go. Terrible last night especially in the first half. Never looked like bending the line
9. Crocker: an honest toiler - very good defender, actually took a few scoots last night and made yards but really out of his depth at hooker. Slow service, bad service... simply no real idea how to play hooker even two years on
10. Keppie: great defensive effort.... in getting up off the line and putting a shot on. As always found out with his defensive lapses by not covering off inside. Ineffectual in attack... may as well not bother hitting the ball up because he doesn't make a yard on any carry. Again in the first half like Marty... a passenger
11. Guac: played great BUT his defense in the slide pattern and the gap he leaves between he and DCE is plain scary. He also slides too early and doesn't move up first and then slide which is a cardinal sin in a slide defence. Having aid that... probably our best
12. Bully: a zero - contributed nothing and when JWH came on and took a ruck he actually crapped his pants about being one on one with him. In that moment alone it showed he doesn't have the courage to be a quality first grader
13. Jake: gee we are lost without his defence. Attack not fab but again he gritted the teeth and took the tough carries. One of the very few who plays with passion and courage
14. Walker: played great - tried his heart out - one of the few attacking sparks, tried to lift the defence. Not perfect but again one of our best
15. Lawton: Ok - nothing great but was ok
16. Paseka: What do you say... error ridden yet can make some damaging runs. He and the Big O were the only forwards to punch holes in the Roosters and Paseka made some real quality yards. Can also put on some quality hits but yes too many errors and is he ever going to realise the enormous potential????
17. Davey: again what do you say.... I keep harping on this... this guy give his all every game, every minute of every game. Is he as talented as the Big O or even Bullemore - no way. Is he fast... no way. Does he have great ball skills... no way. Will he trample defenders... no way. What you will get out of him is heart, courage and a die in the trenches mentality. We need another 15 Davey's out there (Jake is Davey super plus obviously). I would rather lose 10 nil or 12 - 4 in a tough grind it out loss than to watch a team of mainly no efforters run around.

So where to from here.... what changes? Swap Koula for Harper, Swap Croker for Lawton (only have one utility on the bench), get Davey into the backrow for workrate and effort, swap Paseka for Marty, Aloiai in as the other prop when he is available, Schu to 5/8, Foran to half to game manage - last two suggestions wont happen but what I would do. Reserves of Marty, Keppie, Bullemor/Sipley, Walker. As I said I am like everyone on here - a nufty and I have no idea just my review and thoughts of player performance and what we need.

Last edited:
I’d like to see Tuitavake get a bench spot… he adds more punch than most.

My ideal team when fully fit:

1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Parker
4. Koula
5. Saab
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Lawton
10. Keppie
11. Guac
12. Schu
13. Jake
14. Walker
15. Taupau
16. Tuitavake
17. Aloiai
18. Davey

My two cents for what they are worth from a noted neville nobody nufty

1. Turbo: woefully uninvolved in both games, not smashing it in one off the ruck like last year... not floating around to join the attack on the few times we have footy in decent field position
2. Garrick: played strong = carried the ball out of our own end with strength and toughness
3. Parker: normal Parker - no real errors - and will never give up
4. Harper: As @Kalvin said offers nothing in attack or defence. Swap for Koula
5. Saab: was ok but needs to take the ball back at the same pace as Garrick, he needs to forget about body preservation - he is a tall big unit - smash it back into them at pace
6. Foran: agree with @Kalvin - tried hard
7. Dce: terrible - headless chook. Again proves DCE is not a game manager and you cannot put the team on his back. He is only a super quality half and he can be super quality when his forwards are dominating. If they struggle - he struggles badly. This is how he has always been and always will be. So no real suprises at the moment
8. Tapau: was one of the few last week who hads a go. Terrible last night especially in the first half. Never looked like bending the line
9. Crocker: an honest toiler - very good defender, actually took a few scoots last night and made yards but really out of his depth at hooker. Slow service, bad service... simply no real idea how to play hooker even two years on
10. Keppie: great defensive effort.... in getting up off the line and putting a shot on. As always found out with his defensive lapses by not covering off inside. Ineffectual in attack... may as well not bother hitting the ball up because he doesn't make a yard on any carry. Again in the first half like Marty... a passenger
11. Guac: played great BUT his defense in the slide pattern and the gap he leaves between he and DCE is plain scary. He also slides too early and doesn't move up first and then slide which is a cardinal sin in a slide defence. Having aid that... probably our best
12. Bully: a zero - contributed nothing and when JWH came on and took a ruck he actually crapped his pants about being one on one with him. In that moment alone it showed he doesn't have the courage to be a quality first grader
13. Jake: gee we are lost without his defence. Attack not fab but again he gritted the teeth and took the tough carries. One of the very few who plays with passion and courage
14. Walker: played great - tried his heart out - one of the few attacking sparks, tried to lift the defence. Not perfect but again one of our best
15. Lawton: Ok - nothing great but was ok
16. Paseka: What do you say... error ridden yet can make some damaging runs. He and the Big O were the only forwards to punch hiles in the Roosters and Paseka made some real quality yards. Can also put on some quality hits but yes too many errors and is he ever going to realise the enormous potential????
17. Davey: again what do you say.... I keep harping on this... this guy give his all every game, every minute of every game. Is he as talented as the Big O or even Bullemore - no way. Is he fast... no way. Does he have great ball skills... no way. Will he trample defenders... no way. What you will get out of him is heart, courage and a die in the trenches mentality. We need another 15 Davey's out there (Jake is Davey super plus obviously). I would rather lose 10 nil or 12 - 4 in a tough grind it out loss than to watch a team of mainly no efforters run around.

So where to from here.... what changes? Swap Koula for Harper, Swap Croker for Lawton (only have one utility on the bench), get Davey into the backrow for workrate and effort, swap Paseka for Marty, Aloiai in as the other prop when he is available, Schu to 5/8, Foran to half to game manage - last two suggestions wont happen but what I would do. Reserves of Marty, Keppie, Bullemor/Sipley, Walker. As I said I am like everyone on here - a nufty and I have no idea just my review and thoughts of player performance and what we need.
Good summation , looks like Davey has to be in the starting back row but think that Bulimor still has some real ability and potential , whether in the 2 nd row or prop . Got some problems with the pack but back line cohesion has been very ordinary also . koula for Harper and not sure also if Brad can still be there if Manly can compete with the better sides . Still got the cattle , just need some better direction and organization both in attack and defence .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8