Robbed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
WAMF said:
I thought the turning point was in the 70th minute when DCE put up a bomb rather than go for a grubber/repeat set when we had them wobbly while the score was 14-12. That bomb was shocking and uncontested.
Very poor decision.
Other than that, I thought he went OK.

Actually I was a bit disappointed in the team in general with that. A few times they had quick 20m restarts and half our boys were jogging back to get onside. When we are really on our game our line is set in instances like that and the few times it happened tonight the dogs were able to get out of trouble far too easily because a few boys weren't switched on.

The team that won scored more points than us & I wont begrudge them that.

But to say the better team won is IMO inaccurate. Its unfairly dismissing of Manlys courageous effort in the face of rather unprofessional officiating & the fact we dominated that game for 90% of it.

Jatz Crackers said:

But to say the better team won is IMO inaccurate. Its unfairly dismissing of Manlys courageous effort in the face of rather unprofessional officiating & the fact we dominated that game for 90% of it.

This.

3 try's conceded 2 from kicks and one from a brain explosion.

We're in this up to our ears

Cameron said:
Jatz Crackers said:

This.

3 try's conceded 2 from kicks and one from a brain explosion.

We're in this up to our ears

The only problem being, we're just not winning enough games. And unless we shed the "she'll be right" complacency - we'll get it right next week - we won't be playing finals football.
Our lack of patience and direction in attack is killing us - playing sideline to sideline and offloading for the hell of it is not going to test any defence. The Dogs defended well because they slid well, and that's all they had to do.

our 5th tackle option is starting to look like the 'penrith plan'- kick it high & hope. last year,especially early on there were some great tries scored from little kicks(either a grubber or a chip towards the try line) as opposed to kicking it into the corner. lyon's try last night showed what we can do with that style of kick but we need to do it more often.

Our fifth tackle options are hopeless - in the first half it looked like Cherry's plan was to catch the ball run to the line and then try to do something. He needs to give himself more time and have a plan.

We also need more 'set plays' near the line other than pass it left then pass it right.

if we had beaten - GC , para, penrith we WOULD of being in a much better position but just like then & now its all WOULD , this has to stop if were going to play finals footy with our full potential...

we really need to get these 2 points , hopefully if we beat the warriors we can get our role on ..... dont know what warriors team will turn up after that loss to the knights.....

p.s - just checking the future rounds how amusing the dogs get cowboys next week on a short turn around... F##k luck is still on their side !!!!

panash said:
voicefromthehill said:
Better team won - period.

How can you say that with so much confidence.

Penalty count was 3-0 to dogs start of game and they were the away side.
Whare gave them a try
2 drop balls from kicks led to there 2nd try
Barba kicks the ball and stops in the corner where wolf takes it out 5mtrs out , then a soft penalty after that scrum which led to the arse off the post try. The bounce helped them yes they were competive & got result but they wernt that much better

We dropped the ball when we shouldn't as you point out.

I didn't say they were light years ahead, but they were better on the night and deserved the win. They were down to 15 men, and they won the game - to me that says they played better.

Some stats as well

Possession
Manly - 47%
Dogs - 53%

Completions
Manly 29/37 - 78%
Dogs 35/43 - 81%

Meters Gained
Manly - 1393
Dogs - 1406

Tackles
Manly - 325
Dogs - 287

Hit Ups - this is telling
Manly - 45
Dogs - 77

Line Breaks
Manly - 4
Dogs - 1

Offloads
Manly - 12
Dogs - 14

Kicks in Play
Manly - 23
Dogs - 26

So based on key statistics the dogs were better. And what they did with opportunities presented to them (lucky or not) made them the winners.

You have interpreted a level of superiority in my quote that was not there - better by 1% or 20% is still better, and the numbers prove it. We were extremely competitive. Our inability to convert our early dominance hurt us, and the lack of structure and support play that Snakes presence would bring cost us. But hypotheticals are meaningless, the result is there, just hope we have taken some lessons from this loss.

Although the penalty count is important, it's where and when you get your penalties is even more important.
We received a couple of penalties close to their line on either the first or second tackle when we where hungry for points and kicking for goal was not an option, one was a sin bin offence, but that didn't happen, all it did was give them time to get their defensive line set, so we didn't get much of an advantage.
They received a couple of real soft penalties in their own half which allowed them easy metres out of their own half and base an attack from forty metres out.
They received a penalty in front of our posts when in reality we should have received one for an obstruction a tackle earlier before Wolfman pushed the ball into touch. They were 12-0 up so those two points were a godsend and all the difference.
Whare should have received a penalty for being taken out, but for some stupid reason they rule a changeover instead, so we didn't get a chance to launch an attack in their half.

voicefromthehill said:
panash said:
voicefromthehill said:
Better team won - period.

How can you say that with so much confidence.

Penalty count was 3-0 to dogs start of game and they were the away side.
Whare gave them a try
2 drop balls from kicks led to there 2nd try
Barba kicks the ball and stops in the corner where wolf takes it out 5mtrs out , then a soft penalty after that scrum which led to the arse off the post try. The bounce helped them yes they were competive & got result but they wernt that much better

We dropped the ball when we shouldn't as you point out.

I didn't say they were light years ahead, but they were better on the night and deserved the win. They were down to 15 men, and they won the game - to me that says they played better.

Some stats as well

Possession
Manly - 47%
Dogs - 53%

Completions
Manly 29/37 - 78%
Dogs 35/43 - 81%

Meters Gained
Manly - 1393
Dogs - 1406

Tackles
Manly - 325
Dogs - 287

Hit Ups - this is telling
Manly - 45
Dogs - 77

Line Breaks
Manly - 4
Dogs - 1

Offloads
Manly - 12
Dogs - 14

Kicks in Play
Manly - 23
Dogs - 26

So based on key statistics the dogs were better. And what they did with opportunities presented to them (lucky or not) made them the winners.

You have interpreted a level of superiority in my quote that was not there - better by 1% or 20% is still better, and the numbers prove it. We were extremely competitive. Our inability to convert our early dominance hurt us, and the lack of structure and support play that Snakes presence would bring cost us. But hypotheticals are meaningless, the result is there, just hope we have taken some lessons from this loss.

yes the 15 men is a slap in the face ( agree ) i still think we can beat them convincingly.

if those stats are true .. im dumb founded with the hit ups

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6