Robbie Farah Fired Up on NRL on FOX as Matt Johns Opens up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matty Johns is a f@rk wit...He and Geyer have ruined a good footy show...Pls fox wake up and p!ss them off...

Scapegoating wrongdoers is one thing. Giving oxygen to perpetrators is entirely another. Given what is known publicly about his behaviour one would think he'd run a mile from smut and innuendo. He doesn't.

I haven't seen very much of him since his 'fall', and nothing that I spotted as smut. If what you say is so, and I've no reason to doubt it, he won't last long, and I'm surprised they even put him back on tv at all. Doesn't he still coach kids?

I actually loved the interview part. Not sure why Farah was surprised at the questions, maybe it was supposed to be a no go area organised prior to the interview, I'm not sure. That being said, I thought it was some great televlsion.

However, Farah seems to have carried on complaining about it afterwards. He's the leader of the club and he should be able to put things like that behind him fairly quickly, if thats his off field leadership style than no wonder they are a team who struggle when under pressure.

You can't blame farah for getting his pink undies in a twist. Johns is trying to make a name for himself as the bad guy of league interviews (shock jock style) and went all out in insulting him and his mates.
Farrah was caught off guard and rightfully got pissed off and defended himself and his team.Basically its just plain rude to treat a guest like that and hate him or not Farrah is one of the best known players in league and deserves a little respect.
Imagine how wed all be carrying on if one of our stars went on there and were treated like that.

He got his back up when told they started the season as favourites - how is that an offensive question? Johns also asked if he could ask more questions, they were not exactly hard hitting. IMO Farrah was just a sook and appeared to want to only have questions which generate cliche responses (which he still did). Most telling was his hessitatIon when asked about the player groups thoughts on getting Mason - caught by surprise there, and it looks like he had to remember what his lines were.

I thought the questions were rather tame? Wouldn't Farrah want to be asked about the 'fued' so he can deny it? Aren't they playing soft?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaUGIv1sK_s[/i]

Thanks for posting that, just watched it a couple of times.

Farah was on the defensive from the start when asked "well who made us favourites?"

Johns did ask if he could ask more questions and I for one thank him for not asking generic b/s questions. I hope he keeps these type of questions up in all interviews.

All farah did was enhance his reputation as a bloody sook and a by product of a club who gets preferential treatment from all nrl corners.

As for having a show that no one will come on if they get 'sandbagged' like that, well I can only offer the opinion that he wasn't as much sandbagged as much as he was throwing a tantrum. There are a multitude of young, not so well known players who would jump at the chance to be on tv.

Movie stars, musicians, and sports stars...for the money they get doing what they do maybe they can htfu, go to media training school and leave the tantrums to the kids (and forum contributors.)

Anyway, I'm sure they all speak highly of me. :)

I wonder if Johns would have appreciated his own interviewing style being used on him in the Cronulla gang bang episode.

I don't like Johns but couldn't help but cheer when he called the Tigers soft. The Tigers are a touch football team, we know it, other NRL teams know it, even deep down Princess Farrah knows it.

Just watched it and to be honest I was expecting soemthing much more outrageous than that going by some of the comments here. Farah knew the questions were coming and he hardly seemed fired up to me. If he was pissed why didn't he throw it back on Johns and ask him about some of the rumours that go around about him ? He could've started with that hotel room in NZ for example.

Matty Johns is OK, but he has Alan Jones syndrome, if you get caught in a public toilet doing something untoward and then want to take the moral high ground whilst adopting an ostrich defence on your own shortcomings then you have no credibility. Alan Jones has no credibility, neither does Matthew Johns.

I noticed all the comments have now been removed from foxsports.

I guess cry baby had a whinge to Gallop. The complaint against "our protected" tigers went along the line until fox removed the comments.

This is not well written. Please insert sense where it belongs.

Lol that girl well and truly sucked you in Mata, her life was not ruined by that whole ordeal and the distress part in a load of rubbish too. Shouldn't get into it all again though

Matabele said:
His disregard for the humanity of another vulnerable human being was ruthlessly exposed on Four Corners. People deserve second chances, but not when they are unrepentant and continue on with the same misogynist schtick when anyone who witnessed the distress of a girl's life ruined in NZ can only be disgusted.

I rate Sandilands higher than Johns as a human being. And that's not saying much.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Lol that girl well and truly sucked you in Mata, her life was not ruined by that whole ordeal and the distress part in a load of rubbish too. Shouldn't get into it all again though

Matabele said:
His disregard for the humanity of another vulnerable human being was ruthlessly exposed on Four Corners. People deserve second chances, but not when they are unrepentant and continue on with the same misogynist schtick when anyone who witnessed the distress of a girl's life ruined in NZ can only be disgusted.

I rate Sandilands higher than Johns as a human being. And that's not saying much.
Putting all this personal history and aggro aside the interview seemed standard stuff to me. Questions that other media sources have raised previously were regurgitated and only one word "soft" [Tigers in defence] although accurate, raised some hackles. Most media questioners would have said these anyway but, as was responded, "it is only March". And that situation applies to a lot of our current Forum collective anxieties as well.

I would think wobbie's biggest problem is the delusion he and the tigers are under. If they don't see and admit they are playing like rubbish then they cannot start to fix the problem. At least anasta had the balls to say 'yes we have some problems that we need to address and fix up' I think the rooster's problems pale in comparison to the tigers but they are taking them on board and trying to fix them. The tigers don't see they have any problems so are not likely to be fixing them. Totally deluded.

Johns agenda now is based on being Mr brutally honest instead of the class clown.
Happy enough with his scathing attacks & his Mr Integrity role though it at times appears overforced & overdone - almost comical.
Half the other guys sit on the fence or change opinions like the weather & make the footy shows predictable & boring.
As for Farah - nothing was better than when Beau Ryan trashed his restaurant on the footy show as a massive stitchup & he was that pi##ed he had smoke coming out his ears - classic.
Are the Tigers soft - apart from Ellis it looks that way - fair call.

MATTY Johns has denied ambushing Robbie Farah on TV, saying he'd be a "gutless mug" if he hadn't quizzed the Wests Tigers captain over reported tension at the club.

"I said to him, 'Mate, we've got an hour before we go on, just be strong in your answer, be open, be honest, be strong,'" Matty explained.

"If Robbie had said to me, 'Matty, please don't ask me that' I wouldn't have asked him.

etc etc daily telecrap

not linking to those a-holes

Didnt seem to be much in it really, Farah is just being precious.

At least Johns asked him face to face giving him a chance to reply, far better then unsubstantiated rumours being published as facts by all kinds of media as has been happening to Manly all year.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8