Robbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
there isnt a winger in the game that averages 70m. His 170 per game is probably only 20 metres a game more than robbo. Robbo has scored some great ones of kicks and saved plennty as well. Both have scored 8 tries despie robbo playing 2 less matches.where hoppa has him is in try assists, but has an advantage by playing plenty of games at fullback in that regard.
Im not saying it is the right decision, or claiming one to be better than th other, but we certainly dont lose much with either selected as a WINGER and i beleive a couple of games off could benefit a youngster in his first season in first grade. most of our outside backs have missed a game or two and that will help their freshness late in the season when a team like saints is likely to struggle due to extra games played, especially at a high intensity like origin and wcc. Lets remember, we are trying to win a premiership, not a minor premiership.
Regardless of the way des plays it, he is blessed with riches.

Biscuits,he is about to miss 2 years mate

If he gets injured this year it has no bearing on us for 2012 or 2013
and if he isnt right for 2014 his ****ed anyway

its not about next year, its about the business end of this year. Im not talking about injuries, im taking about fatigue and expectation wheing heavily. The greatest thing to happen to us in 08 was Lyons injury. He missed 4 weeks at the perfect time and came back 5 weeks out from the semis and built and peaked all the way to grand final. If all of our players can get away with playing about 20 games this year and are fit going into the semis we will be unstopable. that said, if hoppa is fit and selected every week ahead of others for every game this year i will have no complaints.
I remember 2 weeks ago when plenty were stating that wolfy has to be the one to miss out when everyone is fit. People suggesting that snake was at the end of the cue. now its robbo. its a fickle crowd on here.

great arguments about both however Wolfman just sewed up his right hand side spot. How about Wolfies kick returns, full pelt, marvellous!! Robbo would have not scored some of Hoppa's tries, especially that one down the sideline. He isn't as quick or have that power to stay in the field, he would have got bundled out. However, Robbo on the goalline grubber is dynamite.

Running from dummy half and kick returns, Robbo gets smashed and makes little ground, has to be Hoppa

What happens if Snake gets selected for NSW...?

1) Robertson
2) Williams
3) Lyon
4) Matai
5) Oldfield

Yikes....i always got a bit nervous when Robbo was named fullback. Great winger, but terrible fullback...no fault of his own though..

Biscuits said:
there isnt a winger in the game that averages 70m. His 170 per game is probably only 20 metres a game more than robbo.
Robbo has averaged 79 metres per game this year.

Robbo has been good this year not a knock on him but it was noticeable how good David Williams is from kick returns & how he eats up 10m more of a long kick & bends the line back. Robbo is better in defence and under a high ball but Williams speed and grunt when fit is very good too - with Hoppa also in the mix for wing spots at times its going to be very tough for Des.

I think Origin might help us out and free up some spaces to give them all a run... personally I think Oldfield has been great too and would be worth a spot in a "normal" year.

Phew!

Don't have to have Robbo at Fullback.

Looks the team will look something like this against the Cowboys

1) B Stewart
2) M Robertson (Oldfield, if Robbo still injured)
3) J Lyon
4) S Matai
5) D Williams
6) K Foran
7) D Cherry-Evans
8) J King
9) M Ballin
10) B Kite
11) J Buhrer
12) J Galuvao
13) G Stewart

14) V Mauro
15) T Robinson
16) G Rose
17) T Williams

Des might start T-Rex again, looking forward to seeing T-Rex vs Tariq Sims, hopefully the big fella fires up!

Stood,it take kite out,move Rose to the starting lineup and bring in Cunningham

Its going to be a walk in the park

The Eagle said:
Stood,it take kite out,move Rose to the starting lineup and bring in Cunningham

Its going to be a walk in the park

Strong team and isn't Brent Kite out for more than 1 week?

Would love to see this team: Buhrer to start for me.

01.Stewart
02.Robertson
03.Matai
04.Lyon
05.Williams
06.Foran
07.DCE
08.King
09.Ballin
10.Rose
11.Buhrer
12.Galuvou
13.Stewart

14.Kite
15.Williams
16.Robinson
17.Cunningham

Shoe1 said:
Some reports say 175 m for wolf

Yeah it was 171m for wolf and 176m for Hoppa last game. Outstanding. This brings their game averages this season up to 108m (wolf) and 151m (Hoppa).

Hoppas stats are reduced from playing a couple of games in the centres and a good few at fullback. Lyon's average is 59m, Matai's average for a centre is amazing at 117m. Snake's average at FB is 81m.

The combination of Hoppa & Matai really helps the pack's go-forward game.

Rex said:
Yeah it was 171m for wolf and 176m for Hoppa last game. Outstanding. This brings their game averages this season up to 108m (wolf) and 151m (Hoppa).

Hoppas stats are reduced from playing a couple of games in the centres and a good few at fullback. Lyon's average is 59m, Matai's average for a centre is amazing at 117m. Snake's average at FB is 81m.

The combination of Hoppa & Matai really helps the pack's go-forward game.

And I'm guessing that some of these guys would be averaging more metres than the forwards except for Watmough and maybe Galuvao. Right?

Copa Eagle said:
Would love to see this team: Buhrer to start for me.

01.Stewart
02.Robertson
03.Matai
04.Lyon
05.Williams
06.Foran
07.DCE
08.King
09.Ballin
10.Rose
11.Buhrer
12.Galuvou
13.Stewart

14.Kite
15.Williams
16.Robinson
17.Cunningham

I like this team. The only thing I would change would be Lussick onto the bench for Cunningham, who hasn't really impressed in the NSW cup yet. Next year is the break out year for Jimmy, methinks.

Nood or T-Rex for the starting spot, it could go either way. T-Rex could get it on the back of his strong 60min performance against the dogs (harnessing that momentum) or Nood could get it to continue the rotation policy. I'm happy with either of them being there (which is brilliant).

Buhrer definately to start, he gives us what we need with Choc out. Good strong wide second rower that runs nice clean lines & isn't afraid to get in the mix on defence.

I'm also a fan of continuing to start Georgie, he seemed to enjoy it last week & played well. If it ain't broke then don't fix it.

Rodo said:
And I'm guessing that some of these guys would be averaging more metres than the forwards except for Watmough and maybe Galuvao. Right?

You're right about the two biggest forward metre-eaters. Averages this year:
Choc 125m
Galuvao 98m

Although Buhrer is pretty amazing at 88m average given the small time he's had in some games.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4