Robinson fined $40000

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cummins might not speak well to players but players rarely speak well to the refs.

True, but...I am fairly certain it was Cummins who, in a recent game of ours he refereed, literally yelled at Jamie Lyon from several metres away "Get away from me! Get away!" before Killer even had a chance to approach him to discuss a decision. Jamie hadn't said a word to him before he launched that tanty.

A number of the referees most definitely have favourites (JT, Smith) and they address everyone else the way you'd speak to an animal. Respect needs to go both ways.

Ahh that's gotta hurt... Next time hey..
Hope so but not sure I will get the chance again. Actually it was the only game I questioned. I have never seen a more obvious round of footy. Should've taken both teams, would've still been a cheap bet for the outcome. Oh well to quote numerous North Sydney coaches "there's always next year" ha ha!

True, but...I am fairly certain it was Cummins who, in a recent game of ours he refereed, literally yelled at Jamie Lyon from several metres away "Get away from me! Get away!" before Killer even had a chance to approach him to discuss a decision. Jamie hadn't said a word to him before he launched that tanty.

A number of the referees most definitely have favourites (JT, Smith) and they address everyone else the way you'd speak to an animal. Respect needs to go both ways.
That was Cummins that spoke to Jamie like that in the Eels game. Told him to go away before he even said anything. It was very rude.

There was definitely a dud decision in the closing minutes when they penalised Easts for an accidental head knock. But that was the Bunker's call. I only saw short periods of the match. Was the refereeing that bad?
Was it as biased as Shame Hayne in the Grand Final a few years back?

There was a try scored off a forward pass that even the commentators spoke about and then another one from a kick which hit the ground first before it was kicked. Very poor decisions. Unfortunately for Robbo is that they resutled in two tries for the Roosters so they got closer to catching the Drags off dud calls. Just makes his rant even funnier.

There was definitely a dud decision in the closing minutes when they penalised Easts for an accidental head knock. But that was the Bunker's call. I only saw short periods of the match. Was the refereeing that bad?
Was it as biased as Shame Hayne in the Grand Final a few years back?
Karma ?

I think the rorters have 7 days to appeal. I wonder if they will and then how much will be 'suspended?'

I don't have too much sympathy for the roosters, especially since they were gifted the '13 gf and, like other commentators say, that the spray was orchestrated.

But I do agree with other posters on here that cummings has had too many angry pills and is being downright disrespectful to captains who have the right to approach the refs at certain times. cummings can't just go off at the captains.

I agree there should be a cultural shift from all players attitudes towards the ref. Every time a try is scored a ref has to face a stampede of defencemen all screaming the try should not be awarded for 'some reason.' Non captains should not yell at the ref and maybe only approach the ref with the captain (I dunno)

What is the captains or clubs recall though? You can't do anything during the game and if you complain to the referees boss....you're only complaining to an ex referee...so nothing will be done about it, and you run the risk of annoying cummings even more for the next time he refs your game. It's hopeless.

As for bill harrigan - the ref who wont go away - he says comments are defamatory. The thing that concerns me about the refs is:

Harrigan said that he and all refs go into the games with pre conceived ideas about players based on their history. So say... Matai may not get the benefit of the doubt because of his track record (how ennis does is beyond me) - if refs demand their integrity is sacrosanct....then the players' should be as well!!!!

Ref's should officiate the players as if it is the first time they have seen them...every time! No bias, just ref what you see!

Also, with the increase of spot betting, and gambling in general world wide...what assurances do we have from the nrl that ref's aren't being paid to manufacture results (none.)

What steps do the nrl take to ensure ref's aren't willingly fixing matches or being coerced to do the same?

oh.. and lol @ roosters

12512783_10208089711857215_6595591344700569237_n.jpg

Robinson howling is no different from any other losing coach howling.

Except for one thing - he made it personal by attacking an individual ref not just for his performance in that game but for bias against his club for years.

There is a fine line between what Robinson did in a press conference, and what Graham and Klemmer did on the field last year.

Both amount to bullying and blatant intimidation of a referee - with all of the attendant flow-on effect of whipping up anti-ref hysteria among aggrieved fans.

The difference is that Robinson is a clever and very controlled individual who was not acting on the spur of the moment in the heat of the game, which makes his actions far more serious.

The penalty should have been far greater.

Politis won't even notice 40 grand. Robinson should have been suspended or at least booted off those NRL committees he sits on. If the ref wants to sue him, he should.

As for refs not speaking respectfully to captains, and confusion about what role the bunker plays, so what? Are these problems going to be resolved, now that Robinson has spoken out at a press conference?

Unlikely! What is the likely result is that the NRL will think twice about putting Cummins in a Chook match, and when they do he will be under incredible and unfair pressure, as indeed will any ref in a Chook match in the immediate future.

Which obviously was the result Robinson was looking for. And which Politis reassured him he'd be happy to pay for.

I thought they were screwed by some poor decisions myself....

The refs did not cost them a chance to win that game, on the contrary the refs gifted them a chance to get back in the game. They were gifted two tries despite an obvious forward pass in the lead up to one, and a knock on in attempting to kick in the other.

I think its good when the foundations are tested from time to time. The roosters are lucky enough to have the cash to wander deep into enemy territory and shake it up.

Wouldnt manly have the same issue with cecchin or horsehead.

I noticed harrigan was quoted that robinson could be sued for defamation. This would be very very interesting. The amount of discretional penalties in games, the inconsistent approach from the video ref to overtun drop outs, or strips, the judicial process. A good analyst could really rurn the blowtorch on the refs, and the nrl.

The nrl would not encourage this i presume, as the outcome could be devastating

I think its good when the foundations are tested from time to time. The roosters are lucky enough to have the cash to wander deep into enemy territory and shake it up.
So.. next time Cummins refs the Rorters... how many 50/50 calls will they get? I'd put money on them not being on the receiving end.

A defamation case would not look at actual Ref rulings.

They would look at the NRL rules prohibiting on commentary Refs, which the Rorters contravened rather than seeking mediation through the game's available channels@:cool:

Also the harm to Cummin's career prospects.

All Ref rulings are 'best endeavours' based on the situation at the time.

No one, including the win/loss statistics, can prove Cummin's bias.

In 2016, the Rorters have a 100% win record under Cummins as he refereed their only win :giggle:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7