Robinson's NRL ref rant OK, says Greenberg

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
master blaster said:
I didnt hear him complaining when they got the good calls in the GF last year,a typical arrogant nob,that belongs in the eastern suburbs

Lord Eagleton said:
Urge to punch........... rising...

HoldenV8 said:
Lord Eagleton said:
Urge to punch........... rising...

With a pic from The Simpsons as your icon.....that's fitting LOL

You can almost guarantee that if we had lost and it had been Tooves who said what Robinson did, he'd be looking at another 10k fine.

I'd like to take Greenturd's shiny head and use it as a bowling ball.

I watched the post-match interview of him (on the Fox Sports News channel) whinging that his precious Roosters didn't have the game go their way for the first time in our last five meetings against them. Have we ever had a penalty count heavily in our favour before. :huh:

Saying that we should've been the ones penalised and that try they were disallowed, due to obstruction, the Rooster's supporters believed there was nothing wrong with it. They would've seen it differently had Manly had scored it instead. The Rooster's were handed that GF on a silver platter last year which was riddled with errors from the Rooster's that they got away with, but that was ok. Heh, I can't believe that that JWH used to play for Manly. You want to know what I did? That game against the Rooster's I recorded the replay onto my Austar/Foxtel Mystar box. I'm going to transfer it onto DVD for my own personal private viewing. I truly believe that it was one of the most treasured games of Manly's- hearing the Rooster's supporters in the background booing because we won and they lost. Another one of my favourite games. :D:D:D

You know I'm in a ten-pin bowling league with other people from my local area. We meet once a week. My team is called Manly Sea Eagles in honour of our boys. When I go bowling I'm going to take my bowling ball and imagine the pins are the Rooster's players and throw the ball as hard as I can.

As stewartbrett said, it is more than a bit rich Robinson complaining about the refs, when it was the refs who practically handed the Roosters the GF last year. As for the penalty count...what about the last 70 minutes of that GF, when Manly were not awarded a single penalty in all that time, against the previously most penalised team in the comp throughout 2013? Did he complain then? I was half expecting the refs to get up onto the podium with the Roosters at the end to collect their winners' medals!

And is he seriously trying to make out that refs in an NRL game were actually favouring Manly??? lol...I'd travel a long way to see that one! :D

Nuttybott said:
And is he seriously trying to make out that refs in an NRL game were actually favouring Manly??? lol...I'd travel a long way to see that one! :D
This could be part of the 2 stadium policy to get us to cross the bridge?

MadMarcus said:
Brissie Kid said:
They will never admit they got the Toovey at Gosford one wrong. But their clearing of Thurston, the Cows coach, Jarrad Hayne and every one since speaks for itself.

Just like they won't admit they got Snake's suspension wrong but they treated Inglis, Benji, Barba et al differently...

manlyfan76 said:
Eagles2nv said:
Look, I dont think any coach should be fined for commenting on the refereeing. We have freedom of speech in australia and they have a right to comment on the performace of the refs.
Do we have freedom of speech? I've never seen it in any legislation.

If you want to get technical, then no we don't have constitutional right. To varying degrees there are common law cases that support a freedom of speech. :)

Long story short, unlike the NRL, your not going to get shot by the government for speaking your mind in Australia.

Eagles2nv said:
manlyfan76 said:
Eagles2nv said:
Look, I dont think any coach should be fined for commenting on the refereeing. We have freedom of speech in australia and they have a right to comment on the performace of the refs.

If you want to get technical, then no we don't have constitutional right. To varying degrees there are common law cases that support a freedom of speech. :)

Long story short, unlike the NRL, your not going to get shot by the government for speaking your mind in Australia.
That depends what you say, manlyfan.
In reality, things you say can have a dramatic effect on your life, they certainly can land you in jail or cost you your job.

Eagles2nv said:
MadMarcus said:
Brissie Kid said:
They will never admit they got the Toovey at Gosford one wrong. But their clearing of Thurston, the Cows coach, Jarrad Hayne and every one since speaks for itself.

Just like they won't admit they got Snake's suspension wrong but they treated Inglis, Benji, Barba et al differently...

manlyfan76 said:
Eagles2nv said:

I heard a while ago that we still have the death penalty for treason, don't know if its true or not. So the Govt. may shot you for speaking wrongly. I may be way off the mark on this as i can't remember exactly where i heard it.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
That depends what you say, manlyfan.
In reality, things you say can have a dramatic effect on your life, they certainly can land you in jail or cost you your job.
Race is an example. There are no acceptable racial 'jokes' or 'slurs' anymore. It's sad that this type of insult is still used in NRL, AFL and other top codes by some fans and players.

The Sunday Telegraph understands Archer gave grand final and Origin referee Ben Cummins a severe dressing down during the week over his recent performances.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/time-for-the-referees-guesswork-to-stop-after-28-try-blunders-in-first-four-rounds/story-fndujljl-1226875678407

What a surprise. After the NRL fined Toovey and then cleared the Cows coach, Thurston, Hayne, Robinson and others they finally found one to take action against.

NRL issues Canberra with breach notice
http://www.nrl.com/nrl-issues-canberra-with-breach-notice/tabid/10874/newsid/78654/default.aspx

The Canberra Raiders have been issued a breach notice following comments by coach Ricky Stuart about the refereeing during last weekend’s game against Penrith.

NRL Head of Football, Mr Todd Greenberg, said the NRL had a duty to protect match officials against excessive criticism or comments which attacked their integrity.

He said the comments and language used by Ricky Stuart on the weekend were excessive and a $10,000 breach notice has been issued to the Raiders.

The Raiders now have five working days to respond to the notice.

“Coaches have every right to comment on the refereeing of a match and to be critical of particular decisions,” Mr Greenberg said.

“But those comments should not be excessive or damage the image of the game – and that is what has happened in this case.”

In particular, Mr Greenberg said he was concerned about the language used by Stuart to describe the refereeing.

“We have to take a stand against this kind of commentary or it will open the door for coaches to do the same thing week after week,” he said.

“And that is not in the best interests of the game.”

Of course...sigh.

I'm no fan of Stuart in the least, but apart from letting the word sh1t gently slip out, there was nothing excessive or toxic about his opinion.
Certainly no worse than Robinson on a couple of occasions.

Greenberg - whatever internal bias he has aside - shows again his lack of understanding of, and ''feel'' for the game. Stuart did phrase it in the context of the effort and frustration of his players (and their fans by proxy).

Not surprisingly Todd selects to kick when someone's' already down...

From now on, I nominate Thurston to be the Manly spokesman at Pressers. His FNQ gift of the gab is musings to Greenturd's ear like no one else is :mad:

Sticky needs to demand a definition of the term 'exessive' for a start!

No one has yet answered 2v's $10k question 'Are these the two top Referees in the NRL?' :mad:

Truth be known, I actually find Toady TossBerg excessive and offensive. So why don't the NRL grow a set and issue a $10,000 breach notice to him. The NRL has a duty of care to protect all us die hard supporters against the excessive comments he makes.

OneEyedEagle said:
Truth be known, I actually find Toady TossBerg excessive and offensive. So why don't the NRL grow a set and issue a $10,000 breach notice to him. The NRL has a duty of care to protect all us die hard supporters against the excessive comments he makes.
Im sorry,but how can this bloke,Greenburg be a person to judge on an integrity issue when he doesnt have any himself,or know what the word even means,this is a joke,sure stuart should have been fined,but not judged by this clown

Now the NRL website has put the Ricky Stuart press conference up front & encouraging everyone to click on it to see & hear it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6