• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Biggest mistake was Des not learning from last year !! Very simple buy a hooker and a genuine fullback replacement for Tom !! Show some pride Hasler in the press conference it’s like his taking the piss now !!

Please anyone with connections to the club let them know we want the real Des Hasler back or sack him !!!

1999 started with 7 losses in a row , most were floggings, then Bozo quit. Deja vu anyone. We did manage 13th but it was bad to start with. This looks the same.

Tommy One Man Team Corso puts the soft into soft tissue. But the fact we have mindlessly numbed ourselves into believing we can’t win without him is more devastating than his hammies. (BTW, are his hammies screaming out “I don’t want this responsibility”?)

DollarEvans is being exposed for the myth he is. He’s had a lot of apologists protecting him and propping him up for a long time (as he goes on cashing in). And the above-mentioned myth perpetuated around Tommy has let Dollars off the hook, along with the odd spectacular golden point drop kick.

Moneyball Des is another enigma, bordering on myth. I’m all for innovation and thinking outside the box. The only saving grace for Des atm, is that I suspect/hope he is pushing the boundaries and exploring something that may just yet come through. I shudder to think he has given up and going through the motions. I tend to believe he is playing some new and different game in his strategy to coaching (maybe he needs to go back to the calf’s blood?)

Team Marty can move on. As impressive as he has been in certain regards, I get the impression Marty will never be part of a successful team. He just doesn’t come across as one who is committed to a cause beyond his own. I can’t substantiate that and admit it is more intuitive than based on logic.

Walker? Classic problem child. Been shunted all over the field unfortunately, but having said that, I would expect so much more from a gifted player. Respect that he is in there doing what he can (as opposed to Tissue on the sidelines), but he has underwhelmed and it has been a big disappointment he couldn’t adjust to new positions and shine.
Walker has not been the same since the whole Oxycodeine overdose with Aaron Gary. Where is Aaron Gray now? - well after that he had one more underwhelming season in first grade and then faded away to obscurity and was in reggies by age 23.
It is alarming how badly drugs ruin the body. These two were all over the NRL when they came on the scene in 2014, and their performances have deteriorated marlkedly since.

I think Walker would have been a great buy, but he destroyed his career IMHO before his first game in a Manly jersey,

NYEagle

Walker has not been the same since the whole Oxycodeine overdose with Aaron Gary. Where is Aaron Gray now? - well after that he had one more underwhelming season in first grade and then faded away to obscurity and was in reggies by age 23.
It is alarming how badly drugs ruin the body. These two were all over the NRL when they came on the scene in 2014, and their performances have deteriorated marlkedly since.

I think Walker would have been a great buy, but he destroyed his career IMHO before his first game in a Manly jersey,

NYEagl
I don't necessarily agree that it was the drugs that ruined Walker, I tend to believe it was a symptom of an already self-sabotaging attitude. But, I think we both see the same disappointing output from him since coming to Manly. Sad and wasteful

1999 started with 7 losses in a row , most were floggings, then Bozo quit. Deja vu anyone. We did manage 13th but it was bad to start with. This looks the same.
Yes I remember 1999 well. Also a very sad season but this feel different.

In 1999 we had a lot of fading stars and dissent within the club, and really poor efforts. This is different, this looks more like the Northern Eagles days. Lots of effort, but little talent.

NYEagle

Instead of Doing the Eagle Rock . We are Talking about Rock Bottom

Cronk is Spot On !

“I think Manly’s game is a shambles – with and without the football,” Cronk said on Fox League.

Their completion rate finshed at just 64 per cent and they made 16 errors.

“They are leaking down their right, the attack of the Dragons went through at will. They had 10 errors and 23 play the balls in the Dragons’ 20m (in the first half) and haven’t come up with much except the Dufty knock-on try (that led to Garrick’s try).

“I think it’s more about Manly and what they are not doing.

Over to you Des ....

Thought this thread might of been about the Flintstones?

or even that we had signed Fred to play 8.

The problems are getting worst , every week you hope they turn it around , just so deflating
Changes need to made but will they make a real difference in results, I don't know at this stage but if changes are made you hope a shift in attitude does and they have a go they might get beaten but make it a contest at the moment they are just getting flogged

Biggest mistake was Des not learning from last year !! Very simple buy a hooker and a genuine fullback replacement for Tom !! Show some pride Hasler in the press conference it’s like his taking the piss now !!

Please anyone with connections to the club let them know we want the real Des Hasler back or sack him !!!

Penn has the courage
Penn and courage don't go together. This is the bloke who sacked Toovey because "it's a results driven business" yet just gave Des an extension.

He has no credibility and we are slowly drowning as a club with him as an owner.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8